Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Strike Back: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$22.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Insurgent (Blu-ray)
$17.98
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.98
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.89
Unfriended (Blu-ray)
$19.88
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old Today, 01:52 AM   #5721
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky-Dinkins View Post
No, a silly analogy is a silly analogy, and comparing a digital code (both of which a BD and a streaming video is) to a famous sculpture or painting is exactly what that is. It's so broad and convoluted a comparison. ... that you start out with "Ask an art collector..." to now "Yeah but what if in bizarro fantasy land you can only rent a picture of Michelangelo's David how much would that suck?!" OK, sure. If I'm forced to choose between owning a poster of Mona Lisa or renting one (hahaha) I'll guess I'll buy it? Luckily I don't live on the moon so I'll never have to make that choice.

And like I've said - I totally understand the principle of "fauxnership" when it comes to buying the rights to stream something digitally. I don't like that in principle, either. That's not true ownership. That being said, I have purchased hundreds of licenses over several years digitally on Amazon through their Instant video program. Never once have I had a license revoked. Not one. On the other hand, I have purchased Criterion BD's in the last several years, some of which have gone out of print, that have subsequently become unplayable (a trend which continues across several studios.) So, you might own those BD's you've spent years accumulating but studios have also nickel and dimed you in their production - manufacturing them cheaply in Mexico and China and all but guaranteeing that some, or many, of them will eventually fail. At the end of the day you'll still own the plastic, at least.
Wrong! Every person should have the opportunity to own whatever piece of art they want. It doesn't matter if the art is a copy, what matters is that the art is accessible for ownership by all who wish to appreciate. It doesn't matter that it's a copy, all that matters is that one appreciates the story and the emotion the artist put into a piece of work. Also, I have bought hundreds of CD's, DVD's and Blu-rays in my life and I have no complaints of failures. In fact I play media so much that it has been the transports/players themselves that have given out in some fashion, not the media......
Thanks given by:
mredman (Today)
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #5722

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by edotoz View Post
Do you know how to actually find the location of the videos on your PC once you've downloaded them? I would feel way more comfortable paying and downloading if I could then create my own X Files external hard drive and transfer them over to that. I don't like how they're only playable through VUDUtoGo.
It's been a while since I used Vudu2Go, but back then they were stored at:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\com.vudu.air.D ownloader

Note, however, that Vudu's downloaded files use a form of DRM that ties the files to the computer you used to download them. You will not be able to play them back anywhere but in Vudu2Go on that one computer. That's one of the reasons why I personally prefer iTunes (downloaded iTunes movies can be copied and played back on any computer with iTunes or iOS device).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists