Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #2301

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I doubt it. I suppose it's a possibility if Funimation gave them the source where they could choose to NOT apply the filtering. However, since the release involved Funimation, it might be identical. In any case, the set is still cropped widescreen.
I would still like some screencaps to know for sure. It is possible it is the same but I don't know why they would have screencaps on there web site that show grain in the image. I know I am not mistaking the image compression for grain. season 2 on there web site has images with out the grain and with the same amount of image compression.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #2302

Sep 2007
Australia

I'm almost finished watching Season 3, just a general question for the Season 4 - the Garlic Jr saga..... do you actually need to watch the Garlic Jr movie to understand what's going on? I'm just wondering whether to watch that part of the show or just skip straight to Trunks arrival etc....
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #2303
Expert Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deado View Post
I'm almost finished watching Season 3, just a general question for the Season 4 - the Garlic Jr saga..... do you actually need to watch the Garlic Jr movie to understand what's going on? I'm just wondering whether to watch that part of the show or just skip straight to Trunks arrival etc....
You don't need to have seen The Dead Zone to understand what's going on in the Garlic Jr saga, however you may need to be drunk or high to enjoy it.
Old Today, 12:58 AM   #2304

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
You don't need to have seen The Dead Zone to understand what's going on in the Garlic Jr saga, however you may need to be drunk or high to enjoy it.
Truer words were never said The Garlic Jr. saga sucks, it's almost as bad as the entirety of GT.
Q V Z
Old Today, 09:05 AM   #2305

Sep 2007
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
Ok next question - to skip watching the Garlic Jr saga, do you miss out on anything that is actually related to any of the other story? I read something about Vegeta going out in a spaceship looking for Goku or something? Sorry I have never watched this saga
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #2306
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by deado View Post
Ok next question - to skip watching the Garlic Jr saga, do you miss out on anything that is actually related to any of the other story? I read something about Vegeta going out in a spaceship looking for Goku or something? Sorry I have never watched this saga
No, the Garlic Jr. Saga is basically a unofficial sequel to the "Dead Zone", it serves no importance to the series at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Anime