Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, Cheap DVD!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawson's Creek - Complete Series - Set (DVD)
$19.99
Mystery Science Theater 3000 Volume XXXVI (DVD)
$43.27
House of Cards: The Complete Fourth Season (DVD)
$29.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (DVD)
$19.99
Burn Notice: The Complete Series (DVD)
$53.00
Miracles from Heaven (DVD)
$19.99
Dexter: The Complete Series (DVD)
$46.96
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (DVD)
$14.99
JAG: Judge Advocate General - The Complete Series (DVD)
$69.99
Futurama: The Complete Series (DVD)
$60.00
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Seventh Season (DVD)
$35.29
How I Met Your Mother: The Whole Story (DVD)
$72.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 08-12-2015, 08:36 PM   #381
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010
Wales

That went through fine, all I submitted was:

Quote:
UPC 669198225093
ASIN B00007L4KY
Title Argentsomna: Another Reality: Volume One
Release Date December 31, 2003
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time." DM
"How many times do I have to buy this thing?" MH
"Sure. Fine. Whatever." DS
Old 08-12-2015, 09:00 PM   #382

Jun 2014
USA
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
There shouldn't be any issues when going through the Add DVD link. Just make sure the DVD has a name under Title Information>Title and there isn't anything in the Master Movie ID (if there's no theatrical entry).

If you want us to try and add one of your DVDs, post a link to it on Amazon and it's UPC code. We'll try and submit it. We can keep the submissions light too, so after we enter the title UPC and ASIN, you can fill out the rest fro credit.

It's also worth submitting theatrical entries to your submissions as well.

Edit: I'll submit the following:
OK, I added it and it took one of my Bleach title/volumes. This would take forever though. Why can't I add it through mycollectorz.com? It has all the tedious information I spent years getting right and having to type it in for each one from now on would be very time consuming for me.

Any ideas for using the software.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #383
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by djobitwan7 View Post
OK, I added it and it took one of my Bleach title/volumes. This would take forever though. Why can't I add it through mycollectorz.com? It has all the tedious information I spent years getting right and having to type it in for each one from now on would be very time consuming for me.

Any ideas for using the software.
I don't think there's a way to add it with third-party software, every title is added by hand either by people who work for the site or it's members. If a title is popular it will get added eventually, you just have to be patient or set aside some time to add them yourself.

What was the Bleach title you added? There are quite a few already in the database.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
Old 09-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #384
Expert Member

Jul 2013

I submitted a lot of DVDs weeks ago and only one has gone through that i can see. How long does it usually take? Also, I can't figure out how to upload cover art in the initial submission but i can see how to for already added titles. How do you add the cover art in the initial submission? I added the cover art for the one that i submitted that went though but it would obviously save time if i could add it right away.

-edit-
Also, there were several DVDs i tried to submit but the movie titles for them were not on record yet so i submitted them first so i could add the DVDs later. I can't even remember which ones they were now. Is there any way to see a record or list of of just our own submissions?
Wanted Digital: ·Our family loves DC, Marvel, Disney, Animated or stuff for our kids and the whole family. ·The Wife & her Mom love Chick Cheese. ·Wife & I enjoy Drama & Comedy. ·I love Horror! -We prefer UV/Vudu but are happy with anything! Here is our full Wanted List. :)

My Freebies! I NEVER do "first come". Too unfair with all the stalking hoarders. ;) ) "...dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

Last edited by thedevilman; 09-05-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #385
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Central California

Approval times vary. I've had submissions appear anywhere from within a few hours to a week or more.

As for covers, they can't be added during the initial submission. You have to wait until the DVD has been added to the database, then you can go back and upload covers. I agree it would be more convenient if we could upload covers at the same time we're submitting a release to the database.

In regards to seeing a list of your submissions, if you go to your community profile, you should see a gold trophy near the right-top. Putting the cursor on it will cause a pop-up to show the number of submissions you've made, and clicking on the number will show you a list. (This appears to be private to each user, because I can see my own, but nobody else's.)
Tumblr & Blog

Favorite Movies
Raiders of the Lost Ark, Star Wars, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Lethal Weapon, Aliens, The Mummy (1999), Jurassic Park, Blade Runner,
Halloween, Die Hard, The Terminator, Tremors, The Road Warrior

Last edited by Michael24; 09-05-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Thanks given by:
thedevilman (09-06-2015)
Old 09-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #386
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilman View Post
Also, there were several DVDs i tried to submit but the movie titles for them were not on record yet so i submitted them first so i could add the DVDs later. I can't even remember which ones they were now. Is there any way to see a record or list of just our own submissions?
There's a list of recently submitted DVDs here and you should be able to check your submissions from your Community Profile.
Thanks given by:
thedevilman (09-06-2015)
Old 09-06-2015, 12:23 AM   #387
Expert Member

Jul 2013

Thank you for the quick answers.
Wanted Digital: ·Our family loves DC, Marvel, Disney, Animated or stuff for our kids and the whole family. ·The Wife & her Mom love Chick Cheese. ·Wife & I enjoy Drama & Comedy. ·I love Horror! -We prefer UV/Vudu but are happy with anything! Here is our full Wanted List. :)

My Freebies! I NEVER do "first come". Too unfair with all the stalking hoarders. ;) ) "...dissent is the highest form of patriotism."
Thanks given by:
chip75 (09-06-2015)
Old 09-13-2015, 03:28 AM   #388
Expert Member

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
In regards to seeing a list of your submissions, if you go to your community profile, you should see a gold trophy near the right-top. Putting the cursor on it will cause a pop-up to show the number of submissions you've made, and clicking on the number will show you a list. (This appears to be private to each user, because I can see my own, but nobody else's.)
I can see others' contribution history if they have something in their collection publicly, such as bd's or dvd's or uv collection, and then I click on that, and then hover the mouse over "MORE..." which brings up the options for:

Forum profile
Forum posts

Favorites
Voted plot tags
Screenshot taggings
Achievements
Contribution history
Old 09-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #389

Dec 2010
-
-
-
-
Default How to Add movies to the UV Database

The Sean Connery Collection Vol. 1 Blu-ray
The Sean Connery Collection Vol. 2 Blu-ray

The above blu-ray collections each contain UV digital codes for the 3 movies contained in each. There are entries in the DVD/Blu-ray database, but not under UV.

How do I add those to the UV database? There doesn't appear to be a way to create a new UV entry in and of itself. So does it require editing the existing blu-ray movie entries and ticking the "Yes" box for UV Copy?
Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #390
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by posthaste View Post
The Sean Connery Collection Vol. 1 Blu-ray
The Sean Connery Collection Vol. 2 Blu-ray

The above blu-ray collections each contain UV digital codes for the 3 movies contained in each. There are entries in the DVD/Blu-ray database, but not under UV.

How do I add those to the UV database? There doesn't appear to be a way to create a new UV entry in and of itself. So does it require editing the existing blu-ray movie entries and ticking the "Yes" box for UV Copy?
Just having a quick look at Volume One of the Sean Connery US release, the UV digital copy is listed on the title's page. Of the two movies I looked at Dr. No and Thunderball, both have UV copies in the database, I think all the Bond's are listed (type James Bond into the Search Bar).

If you're not in the US then you could add a UK copy from the titles Theatrical link just click Create: UltraViolet.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:37 PM   #391

Aug 2015
Unhappy Adding DVD... I wish I could!

Your system doesn't work at all! How can I add any DVD if there's no "Add DVD" anywhere on my screen ?!? Even when I go through the wiki and click on "Add DVD" the system tells me: "You cannot because you are not logged in oh wait actually you are logged in but something went wrong!"

And when you make instructions, it's always good to add screenshots you know...

Quote:
If there is no existing theatrical/master entry, you can go to any DVD entry and click on "Add new movie" (located below the tabs "Overview", "Blu-ray review", "Screenshots" etc).
Hmm... very interesting, I see a lot of interesting white space right under the above-mentioned tabs, that's all!

I have 120 movies to add because your French movies DVD section is... barely existent.

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #392

Sep 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolamitraille View Post
Your system doesn't work at all! How can I add any DVD if there's no "Add DVD" anywhere on my screen ?!? Even when I go through the wiki and click on "Add DVD" the system tells me: "You cannot because you are not logged in oh wait actually you are logged in but something went wrong!"

And when you make instructions, it's always good to add screenshots you know...
If you can find the movie under the movie section, click on the movie then below Overview, Releases etc. there are links to "Create: Blu-ray DVD UltraViolet iTunes AIV". It's all pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolamitraille View Post
Hmm... very interesting, I see a lot of interesting white space right under the above-mentioned tabs, that's all!

I have 120 movies to add because your French movies DVD section is... barely existent.

Thank you!
Which DVD have you clicked on where there is whitespace below the tabs? Every entry I've seen has links from 'Edit Movie' to 'Add new movie'.

The lack of French movies means that there are a lack of users who own French movies and/or who can be bothered to add them to the database. As far as I know the information is down users' contributions.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #393
Expert Member

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Momolamitraille,

I'm wondering if, based on your number of posts (which have you as a "New Member"), the system may be limiting your ability to add to the database? This is just a guess, and could be totally wrong, but perhaps if you make a few more posts, enough to get you past that classification, then it might open those options to you?
Old 02-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #394

Feb 2016
Spain

I am a new member too and I cannot add any blu-ray edition (I have some Spanish ones that dont appear). I don't see any "add edition" button in any movie page. I hava tried a lot of links from the forum to add editions but there is always an error message, it is like if I weren't logged (but I am). Can you help me? I have to be a senior member to add bluray editions?
Old 02-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #395

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertygirl7 View Post
I am a new member too and I cannot add any blu-ray edition (I have some Spanish ones that dont appear). I don't see any "add edition" button in any movie page. I hava tried a lot of links from the forum to add editions but there is always an error message, it is like if I weren't logged (but I am). Can you help me? I have to be a senior member to add bluray editions?
Try this link.
Thanks given by:
Qwertygirl7 (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #396

Feb 2016
Spain

Thank you, but I got this message:

Error

You must be logged in/registered member to submit data. Registration is fast and easy.

But I'm logged, I can write here and if I look at the top of the page when the message appears I'm still logged.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:57 PM   #397
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
Dump Bin
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertygirl7 View Post
Can you help me? I have to be a senior member to add bluray editions?
As Strapped4Cash mentioned, you likely have to get out of the 'new member' status before you can start adding entries to the database. This seems to have been a relatively recent change.
The night is alive. You can feel the heartbeat.
Thanks given by:
Qwertygirl7 (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 06:35 PM   #398
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
As Strapped4Cash mentioned, you likely have to get out of the 'new member' status before you can start adding entries to the database. This seems to have been a relatively recent change.
I think it stops banned members re-registering and coming back and sabotaging the database, if they have to make x amount of posts they're usually spotted before they can do any damage!
Thanks given by:
Evil (02-17-2016), Qwertygirl7 (02-16-2016)
Old 02-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #399

Feb 2016
Spain

Thank you... I will have to wait... How long does it take? Should I write a lot of replies to become a real member? xD
Old 03-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #400
Special Member

Dec 2011

I'm having trouble uploading covers. The first 2 I did uploaded fine, but since then after I click "browse," select the cover from my hard drive and click "open" the image doesn't appear in the "Front cover" box, though the filename appears on the bottom-right.

I even experimentally tried re-uploading a cover I'd already successfully uploaded, and it didn't work this time either. It's probably something simple, but what I don't know.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies