Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Captain America: Civil War 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Spy Kids: All the Time in the World 3D (Blu-ray)
$3.99
Journey to Space 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Zootopia 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.96
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.80
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.35
Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Caesar's Warrior Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D (Blu-ray)
$43.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #81

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa6344 View Post
The dub isn't that great but I got used to it, and it probably got better as you go along. I think anyone on this forum would turn the subs off as well.
I don't watch dubs as a matter of principle. Ever. But I agree it's pretty hard following the subs with this title even if you're used to it.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #82

Jan 2010
Newark, DE

I got this when i placed a pretty big order from Bestbuy website using giftcards i got this past X-mas haven't watched it just yet hoping too soon enough though.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #83
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperx187 View Post
I got this when i placed a pretty big order from Bestbuy website using giftcards i got this past X-mas haven't watched it just yet hoping too soon enough though.
3D is one of the best you can buy for a feature film.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Anyone compared the US vs HK yet? (is US=UK?)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #85
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
Anyone compared the US vs HK yet? (is US=UK?)
Not sure. The US version sold in Best Buy has a 2D foil slip cover with the top saying Blu Ray 3D/Blu Ray. Jet Li pointing his sword forward and to the left of the Cover. The discs inside have region "A" for All regions, so maybe they're the same discs with different packaging?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #86
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009

Enjoyed this so much more when I switched to the english dub. Normaly I do subs but it was too much with the 3d.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, any Phish, the Last Castle, Clan of the Cavebear, Silver Bullet, Beastmaster, Sword and the Sorcerer. Samsung pn51f8500 plasma active 3d, Vizio 42" LCD passive 3d, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #87
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Yes, trying to read dialog and appreciate the great 3D visuals at the same time is not much fun at first. I was relieved the subtitles turned off, as when the film first started, the subtitles for the opening credits were permanent and not removable.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #88
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Hive of scum and villainry

I missed this thread before. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Great 3D. Some of the wirework in the beginning was not the best, but the movie overall was enjoyable.
Cyborg: "and, good luck guys" Batman: "I don't believe in luck." Cyborg: "What do you believe in?" Batman: "Batman!" - Lego Justice League Cosmic Clash
Old 02-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #89
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yes, trying to read dialog and appreciate the great 3D visuals at the same time is not much fun at first. I was relieved the subtitles turned off, as when the film first started, the subtitles for the opening credits were permanent and not removable.
That opening shot over the ships being built is so amazing. I'm just gutted that the (Cantonese?) credits are burnt in so they are always there over that shot. otherwise I'd be using that shot as a reference one to show off epic 3D. Honestly i think it's one of my favourite 3D FX shots.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Old 03-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #90
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
I missed this thread before. I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Great 3D. Some of the wirework in the beginning was not the best, but the movie overall was enjoyable.
Cool. Yes, Awesome 3D. Glad I took the advice on this thread for the 3D. Pretty cool sword fighting action too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
That opening shot over the ships being built is so amazing. I'm just gutted that the (Cantonese?) credits are burnt in so they are always there over that shot. otherwise I'd be using that shot as a reference one to show off epic 3D. Honestly i think it's one of my favourite 3D FX shots.
Yeah, that was an awesome 3D fly through shot. They likely rendered it in 3D using computer animation props/models of the ships.
I agree that those intro credits should have been included with the subtitles so we could shut them off.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #91
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012
Kansas

I finally bought this, who knows when I will get around to watching it.
Epson 5030UB on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24-500
Onkyo TX-NR646
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Polk T15
Subwoofer: BIC Acoustech PL-200
Old 03-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #92
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Nice. I think you'll enjoy the 3D when you get the chance to see it, i007Spectre.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #93

Jun 2008
Sanford, FL

Don't know where I've been, but I'd never heard of this movie before. Had to order it on a blind buy on Amazon today thanks to you guys!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #94
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Good to hear. Hopefully this film studio "Bona Entertainment Co Ltd" will bring out another 3D film with this level of strong 3D. This was released 2011.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #95

Sep 2013
Australia

I purchased this movie yesterday only to find it will not play in 3D. So far I have tried it in a Toshiba BDX3200KY, PS3 and a soniq player.

I get this message on all three players:

IMG_3904 (small).jpg

IMG_3907 (small).jpg

Lots of people having this problem but no fixes.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #96

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

For those who don't know, this is on Netflix 3d. Watched it aittle bit ago.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #97

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
For those who don't know, this is on Netflix 3d. Watched it aittle bit ago.
Netflix changed their site and they no longer have a 3D section. The movies that were in 3D are now only 2D.

I contacted Netflix and they said:

Okay so it turns out that the 3D titles are currently down for maintenance. We ran into some trouble with them so we took them down to work on them. We don't currently have an ETA but we are working very hard to get them back up as soon as possible.
Cinerama web site:
http://incinerama.com

Last edited by cinerama; 12-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #98

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noober60 View Post
I purchased this movie yesterday only to find it will not play in 3D. So far I have tried it in a Toshiba BDX3200KY, PS3 and a soniq player.

I get this message on all three players:

Attachment 76019

Attachment 76020

Lots of people having this problem but no fixes.
I have this movie, plays in 3D on my PS3 and Sony Blu-ray player but mine is a two-disc set - not the same cover as you pictured. Mine cover looks like the one on Blu-ray.com
Cinerama web site:
http://incinerama.com
Old 11-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #99
Special Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Flyings Swords of Dragon Gate is actually a remake/sequel of a remake/sequel of a landmark 1967 film in the wuxia genre, so I decided to watch its previous two entries as well.

Dragon Gate Inn (1967)
Movie: 4/5
1 Golden Horse Award, Best Feature Film Nominee

Dragon Gate Inn is famous for its slow and steady build-up, creating tension as the story builds until it is finally released during an excellent kung-fu finale. I particularly enjoyed the beginning sequence where the protagonist, Xiao, enters the inn and embarrasses his East Agency assailants with an umbrella while seated. The film creates great well-rounded characters who each have their own schemes and agendas, but find common ground in their loyalty to a defeated general and their resistance against a ruthless Imperial eunuch. Much of the fighting is practical with lots of sword-play and is punctuated with a unique psychedelic Asian score.

New Dragon Gate Inn (1992)
Movie: 3/5
1 Golden Horse Award

New Dragon Gate Inn is a less involving but faster-paced and more stylized reimagining with an added romance subplot. It has several problems. First, a cast of dull one-note characters replace the characters of the original with the exception of the charmingly selfish and sexy inn owner, played by Maggie Cheung. Second, there is some great production design and desert cinematography here, but I did not enjoy the action scenes. It looked like an overcrowded, blurry dance of stunt doubles doing somersaults rather than actual fighting. Characters can be hard to differentiate during the fights because they all wore the same color. Third, I have to give a thumbs down for that silly ending.

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (2011)
Movie: 2/5, 3D: 5/5
1 Golden Horse Award
5 Hong Kong Film Awards, Best Picture Nominee

Flying Swords of Dragon Gate opens with a thrilling fly-in shot, sweeping the viewer through a naval shipyard and landing in a palace courtyard. Here, opposite to events of the 1992 film, an upstart hero (Jet Li) assassinates a powerful Imperial eunuch who strongly resembles the blonde antagonist of the 1967 film, signaling that this is not a simple remake of either. And It certainly isn’t… The plot is a jumbled fusion of elements of the two previous films with additional new tropes. Jet Li and his rebels are hunting corrupt eunuch leaders, an evil eunuch and his police are hunting a pregnant maid, and a group of Mongolian rogues are hunting a Chinese “El Dorado” city of treasure. Naturally, they all meet at Dragon Gate Inn. From here, confusion ensues as they try to resolve all subplots at once. It is suggested that the two of the main protagonists are surviving characters from the 1992 film with different names, but this matter is left frustratingly unclear. Very little character development is brought to the expressionless Jet Li, and the supporting cast is similarly uninteresting and one-dimensional. Their dialogue simply moves the plot along, rather than revealing anything about the characters themselves. All that is left to propel the movie forward are it’s action sequences.

Without much emotional weight behind the characters, the action is not very meaningful. However, if you can deal with an emphasis on 3D CGI over physical stunts, the choreography provides some entertainment. There are a number of elaborate sequences, but the best is a "Wizard of Oz" tornado battle, created by a sandstorm encroaching upon Dragon Gate Inn. All in glorious 3D and enhanced by strong depth and motivated pop-outs, Tsui Hark’s first 3D Asian blockbuster is a sight to behold, even if the writing sours the experience.

The 3D brings the gorgeous cinematography and period setting to life, trekking across oceans, rivers, fields, and deserts, but as the title suggests, the 3D action is the star of the show. A vast assortment of sharp weapons and CGI effects fly inside and outside the screen throughout the numerous fights. It is all orchestrated in a uniquely intelligent and controlled manner. Tsui clearly has a passion for creating entertaining 3D visuals that is matched by few filmmakers alive today. Although his writing can be inconsistent, his recent movies are the new master class on how to support a story with 3D action.

I purchased the Limited Edition Hong Kong BD3D version from DDDHouse.com because it contains the original 1.78:1 IMAX aspect ratio, director-approved color corrections, 96kHz 24-bit Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio, and a PIP commentary track. My only disappointment with the presentation is the English subtitles, which are often poorly placed inside the 3D depth. They generally stay on screen long enough to read but occasionally split across both left and right sides of the screen instead of breaking a line. Also note that the disc defaults to the Cantonese audio track, and the original Mandarin must be manually selected.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Thanks given by:
DB5 (11-24-2015), deltatauhobbit (11-25-2015), nycomet (11-25-2015), Paul H (11-24-2015), Ray O. Blu (11-24-2015), Zivouhr (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 11:16 PM   #100
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
USA

Well said reviews BleedOrange. Cool you were able to check out the other films in the Dragon Gate series.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (11-24-2015)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies