Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
John Adams (Blu-ray)
$14.99
2 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
 
The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
14 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #2101
hariseldon hariseldon is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jul 2010
5
66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
$50 for the U.K. set? Hmmmm.

The blurays are encoded at 50Hz?
Not on the UK set -- 100% US compatible. The discs are pretty much identical to the US discs -- same extras, etc. I think it $56-57 shipped right now, but last Nov/Dec/Jan it was less the $45 and a couple times since then it's dropped to around $50. I'm pretty sure it's been a UK Lightning Deal a couple times though those aren't always the best deal for the US customers since the LD is structure so that the VAT is removed before the Discounted price instead of afterwards -- so what you see is what you pay plus around $5 shipping.

The French set has at least some 50Hz material -- assuming they just put the Caprica discs in the new set though i guess we won't know until someone checks it out. I'm not sure how some of the other Non-BSG discs are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #2102
TheBlayman TheBlayman is offline
Active Member
 
TheBlayman's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Maryland
909
1957
4
1
Send a message via AIM to TheBlayman
Default

http://www.digitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/111914_1515

Petition?
TheBlayman
Sony 60gb PS3 (upgraded to 1TB)
Sony PS4
Sony 65" 3D LED HDTV (XBR HX929)
Sony 3D Blu-ray (BDP-S790)
Sony 7.2 3D A/V Receiver (STR-DN1030)
Sony ES 9.2ch 4K A/V Receiver with Automation (STR-DA5800ES)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe (3TB ext. HD)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 05:14 AM   #2103
AmishParadise AmishParadise is offline
Senior Member
 
AmishParadise's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post
I just made a mess in my pants. WOW! Just WOW!

They should launch a Kickstarter campaign? I'll throw down. Perhaps that would convince Universal to back this. Totally serious.

Last edited by AmishParadise; 11-22-2014 at 06:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheBlayman (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #2104
Filmmaker Filmmaker is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Filmmaker's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)
1014
589
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post
No way. I thought the modernized effects were lame and looked like a video game, one at least five years old. I'll stick with the original effects, thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
octagon (11-24-2014), solaris72 (11-22-2014)
Old 11-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #2105
Maggot Maggot is offline
Power Member
 
Maggot's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
United States
7
742
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
No way. I thought the modernized effects were lame and looked like a video game, one at least five years old. I'll stick with the original effects, thanks!
I agree, stick to the original effects.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #2106
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
No way. I thought the modernized effects were lame and looked like a video game, one at least five years old. I'll stick with the original effects, thanks!
Yes, because TEST SHOTS done by a small team is indicative of the final version.


Of course it's better to see the same FX shots over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TheBlayman (11-22-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #2107
Rick Grimes Rick Grimes is offline
Active Member
 
Rick Grimes's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
466
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Not on the UK set -- 100% US compatible. The discs are pretty much identical to the US discs -- same extras, etc. I think it $56-57 shipped right now, but last Nov/Dec/Jan it was less the $45 and a couple times since then it's dropped to around $50. I'm pretty sure it's been a UK Lightning Deal a couple times though those aren't always the best deal for the US customers since the LD is structure so that the VAT is removed before the Discounted price instead of afterwards -- so what you see is what you pay plus around $5 shipping.

The French set has at least some 50Hz material -- assuming they just put the Caprica discs in the new set though i guess we won't know until someone checks it out. I'm not sure how some of the other Non-BSG discs are.
BSG UK set was released in Australia using UK discs (Europe ratings printed on it). From looking at the US review of the box set, exactly same as UK/Australian set… As for price, was $350+ when I first looked at it. Bought it for $200 a few years back. Seen it going for just over $100 recently.
Get the UK version if you can as it is a great price for a groundbreaking series, sci-fi or otherwise.

Bought the BSG Original Series BD today. Would have got the BD complete collection set (released in Australia this week): https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...ection/644660/
but I'm not triple dipping on the re-imagined BSG series (DVD then BD), when I am positive they will use the same transfers/authoring that they already have produced.
Hey, You. Dumbass... Yeah, you in the tank... You cosy in there?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
They're f***ing with the wrong people
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #2108
octagon octagon is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
1319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Yes, because TEST SHOTS done by a small team is indicative of the final version.


Of course it's better to see the same FX shots over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
If you don't want to stare at the same people sitting in the same bar week after week then don't watch Cheers.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
solaris72 (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #2109
italy12 italy12 is offline
Power Member
 
italy12's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
1026
1
5
Default

Amazeballs...let's do it!!

And of course, let's include the original, untouched episodes, a la Star Trek: ToS for the purists. No problems there, everybody wins (except for Universal apparently).
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Films by spine:
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterio...?sort_by=spine

My Criterion profile:
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/36842-david
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #2110
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octagon View Post
If you don't want to stare at the same people sitting in the same bar week after week then don't watch Cheers.

Apples and felgercarb. At least those people in Cheers are doing something different each week. The new footage is the same hardware doing different things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #2111
BossTweed BossTweed is offline
Member
 
Jun 2011
42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy12 View Post
Amazeballs...let's do it!!

And of course, let's include the original, untouched episodes, a la Star Trek: ToS for the purists. No problems there, everybody wins (except for Universal apparently).
I agree. It would be better to have both updated episodes and original episodes as was done for Star Trek TOS BDs.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Battlestar Galactica Complete Series Blu-ray Movies - North America liam1972 152 09-01-2013 11:47 PM
Problem with Battlestar Galactica, the complete series Blu-ray Movies - North America Iceman_II 14 10-07-2009 04:53 PM
Battlestar Galactica Complete Series (US) Best Pricing luscious 13 07-30-2009 12:09 AM

Tags
battlestar galactica, complete series

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 AM.