Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #441
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

I think I will wait till it retails for $9.99 or lower. I am in now hurry to pick this up. I just want to complete the franchise in my collection.
Samsung UN46F5500, Sony BDP-S590, AppleTV 3gn
Top 10 Blu-rays in My Collection:
1. Gladiator 2. POTC: The Curse of The Black Pearl 3. Casablanca
4. The Lord of The Rings EE 5. The Bourne Trilogy 6. Alien Anthology
7. Band of Brothers 8. Ultimate Matrix Collection 9. The Dark Knight Trilogy 10. T2 Skynet Edition
"Do or do not... there is no try" -Yoda
Old 06-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #442
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Jedi Master View Post
I think I will wait till it retails for $9.99 or lower. I am in now hurry to pick this up. I just want to complete the franchise in my collection.
I picked it up for $10 at Target this week after mobile coupon.
"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."- Tyler Durden
Old 06-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #443
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
I picked it up for $10 at Target this week after mobile coupon.
Ya I signed up for that but never got one. When I called Target they stated they did not have any. So I can wait.
Samsung UN46F5500, Sony BDP-S590, AppleTV 3gn
Top 10 Blu-rays in My Collection:
1. Gladiator 2. POTC: The Curse of The Black Pearl 3. Casablanca
4. The Lord of The Rings EE 5. The Bourne Trilogy 6. Alien Anthology
7. Band of Brothers 8. Ultimate Matrix Collection 9. The Dark Knight Trilogy 10. T2 Skynet Edition
"Do or do not... there is no try" -Yoda
Old 06-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #444
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Watched it today.
I really liked this one as well. I went into this thinking of it as an action movie with Willis in it rather than a Die Hard movie. Couple of things that I think made people not like the movie (but things I didn't have an issue with):
i)Jack McClane runs the show for the most part and John is more like the 'helper'/sidekick. This movie is more enjoyable when viewed as a normal action movie with Willis in it.
ii)Over the top action - The action is pretty intense and non-stop and there are quite a few scenes that are way over the top and other unrealistic parts such as walking around in Chernobyl without a radiation suit but I like how the characters are in on the joke, poking fun at these facts.

I wish there was a better villain though. He's hardly present for any more scenes than in the trailer and you don't get the clever jibs by McClane that you get in all the other films in the franchise. You see Bruce Willis but you never see John McClane, if that makes any sense.

With all the negatives out of the way, I have to say that I enjoyed the heck out of this movie. Really entertaining with a basic enough plot and I love how they let loose during the action sequences. No restraint whatsoever . CG was used in a few scenes but the scenes I'm talking about are so ridiculous (in a good way) that they're hard to do practically.

I give it 7 out of 10 as an action movie, not a Die Hard movie.

Oh, and the audio is BRILLIANT!! I've heard lots of gunfire heavy soundtracks before but this one sounds incredible! If you have a good sound setup, this is a must-have. This is unlike anything I've heard before (just like Tron Legacy was.).

Don't think too much about realism or the old Die Hard movies, grab a bowl of popcorn and enjoy A Good Day in Moscow.
LG 55 Inch LM6700 Passive 3D TV
Sony 5.1 HTIB, Sony 32 Inch LCD TV
Optoma HD67 Active 3D Projector With 160 Inch Screen
Nvidia 3D Vision
7.1 Polk Audio System (6 Towers)
Onkyo HT-Rc270 receiver
Old 06-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #445
Special Member

Oct 2010
Netherlands

Theatrical Version vs Extended Cut:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=175700
Old 06-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #446
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

I saw this in theaters because I had high hopes for it and while it was decent, it never felt like a true DH film. I know these films lack story but what gets me is this film just dove right into the action off the bat, no build up at all. I just watched it on bluray (I am a complete-ist) and while it was better on a second viewing, I still didn't think it felt like a DH film, only in its title.

I miss John with the witty remarks, etc and this director seems like for his reference material he watched part 4 and that was it.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #447
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

Finally saw this tonight (rented from Streamflix). We all thought it was just horrible. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie this bad. There's usually something positive I can take out of even a bad movie. This had no redeemable qualities whatsoever. Direct-to-video stuff is better than this. Just so bad.

[Show spoiler]Son is going to call him "John" 800 times and then, wait for it, "Dad" at the end.

Willis repeats the "I'm on vacation"-thing a million times, when he's not in Russia on vacation (he's there re: the son's "troubles").

Willis/son jump through windows and fall through glass 8 stories below...then fall through glass 2 stories below that...then land on the ground...then walk away (and a million variations of this). Yeah, suspension of disbelief, fine. There were things that could never happen in the 1st installment too (you can't catch yourself by your fingertips after falling 30 feet in an elevator shaft, for example). But that kind of stuff is eye-roll compared to this movie's vomit. I think at some point Willis was hanging on to a truck going around in circles mid-air while attached to a helicopter. By that time I was in a coma.

The son is just vanilla to me. Didn't care for him in Jack Reacher, never saw him Spartacus. Not a fan.

As others have written in the past, McClane is a regular guy caught in extraordinary circumstances. He's not f'ing Superman.

This was just awful. It's VERY rare that I watch something and hate it so much that I want the 2 hours (or 1 hr 30 min) of my life back. This was one of those somethings. I'm glad I waited the 1 month to watch it rented so I can return my unopened copy to Target.
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 07-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #448

Aug 2010

I'm hoping this is just what we got in the US as the Extended Cut:

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment...let-blu-ray%29
"Sarcastically I'm in charge."
Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #449
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2008
Menifee, CA

Saw it twice, yesterday and today. I thought it was great to show case my audio system. I found it today on eBay, new, sealed and shipped for $10.00. How could I go wrong.
8.3 Surround, protected by APC H15 & UPS BC750G
Speakers
m SpeakerCraft: 6 AIM8 Fives & 2 TIME Fives used as Wides
Subs
m SVS PB13-Ultra (1)
m HSU MBM-12 MK2 (2)
Samsung PD64F8500
Oppo 93, Denon 4311CI, Harmony 1100, 9 Noctua cooling fans, Darbee Darblet
Old 12-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #450
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Just watched and it's not bad a little different, it was nice to hear John's trademark words near the end with a little twist at the end.

Now what I could not help and chuckle at was the driving around Moscow, I was thinking to myself they should be used to all those crashes and driving on top of things haha.
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 12-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #451

Dec 2008

Price-matched Amazon's $7.48 at Target today and finally picked this up. Couldn't stand the movie but the list of bonus material on this Blu-ray looks awesome. I do sometimes buy movies just for bonus features, but I wait for the price to drop to $10 or lower before doing so. For just less than $8, figured this was a bargain.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:53 AM   #452
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Not as bad as I'd heard, but nothing to write home about. Much of the action was great, but those father-son bits However, the credits are totally screwy. Can anyone make sense of this for me? Mary Elizabeth Winstead (McClain's daughter Lucy), was credited as one of the main "stars" both here and at IMDb, but she wasn't even in the film! Did she have a scene in the Theatrical cut which was deleted from the extended version - cause I never saw her? Cole Hauser is listed big - what was he in, 2 scenes? Then there's Yuliya Snigir (Irina) one of the main characters in the oicture and she's not even listed on the BD box!
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 AM   #453
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Not as bad as I'd heard, but nothing to write home about. Much of the action was great, but those father-son bits However, the credits are totally screwy. Can anyone make sense of this for me? Mary Elizabeth Winstead (McClain's daughter Lucy), was credited as one of the main "stars" both here and at IMDb, but she wasn't even in the film! Did she have a scene in the Theatrical cut which was deleted from the extended version - cause I never saw her? Cole Hauser is listed big - what was he in, 2 scenes? Then there's Yuliya Snigir (Irina) one of the main characters in the oicture and she's not even listed on the BD box!
Lucy was in it but it was little more than a glorified cameo, guessing they listed her as a main character to try to get her fans to go see it.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 01-14-2014, 03:10 AM   #454
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
Lucy was in it but it was little more than a glorified cameo, guessing they listed her as a main character to try to get her fans to go see it.
Do you remember where? I went back and rewatched all of the beginning, just in case - nothing. And once McClane gets to Russia ... how could that happen? He doesn't even make a phone call. I thought maybe at the end in case they were gonna make another one and she was gonna be in that, but I couldn't find it.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Old 01-14-2014, 03:12 AM   #455
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Do you remember where? I went back and rewatched all of the beginning, just in case - nothing. And once McClane gets to Russia ... how could that happen? He doesn't even make a phone call. I thought maybe at the end in case they were gonna make another one and she was gonna be in that, but I couldn't find it.
Not sure where but she was in it, I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to seeing another movie she was starring in but then she was barely in it.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 AM   #456

Apr 2009

Quote:
They cut her out in the extended edition. In Theatrical, she is the one who drops Willis off at the airport and she has like a one-minute conversation with him. I, myself, was kind of confused as to why it was cut out of the EXTENDED version.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #457
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseraphtears View Post
They cut her out in the extended edition. In Theatrical, she is the one who drops Willis off at the airport and she has like a one-minute conversation with him. I, myself, was kind of confused as to why it was cut out of the EXTENDED version.
Slight correction, in the theatrical cut... Lucy bookends the film by dropping her dad off at the airport in the opening and at the end, she picks up her dad and brother on the tarmac.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #458
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueseraphtears View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Slight correction, in the theatrical cut... Lucy bookends the film by dropping her dad off at the airport in the opening and at the end, she picks up her dad and brother on the tarmac.
Thanks. I thought it was something like that. I was going to check out the Theatrical on fast-forward tomorrow. What a crock. You would think that, if anything, she would be added into the extended, not cut out of it.

I'm not a Jai Courtney fan, but I was a fan of Winstead's in Live Free or Die Hard. Maybe she'll be in the next one to close out the series on a high note. Please don't let this be the finish!

Extra Points : I was reading where in the big, cool chase scene, 132 cars were killed and 518 were injured - at a cost of about 11 million dollars (not counting the cars which they were given for free by Mercedes and also destroyed). And speaking of dead cars, I think that's the first time in thirty years I've heard the Stones and they didn't sound dead.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #459

Oct 2012
Default Great sound design excpet for center channel

On A Good Day To Die Hard the movie has excellent overall sound design but the center channel dialog is, at least on my sound system (Atlantic Technology THX), vary fatiguing. My wife even complained about it. My speaker system was calibrated professionally and, for example, on Prometheus, every syllable stands out perfectly so it's not my system but the sound designers whim and personal preferences. So before you blame your system, as long as it's a good one and calibrated correctly, the center channel sound design may be the culprit.

Last edited by mmptm; 01-14-2014 at 08:31 PM. Reason: incorrect grammar
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America