Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Salem's Lot (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Orphan Black: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Daddy's Home (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #141
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011
New York

Ehh... its an OK movie. A good one time viewing.
I don't see the benefit of multiple viewings. My prediction; half the people that blind bought this never give it a second spin.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #142

Aug 2013

It was recently $11.99 at Best Buy, has the price ever went lower than that?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #143
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
Van Nuys, CA/ Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
I have never seen it lower than that, not new at least.
TOP 25-Taxi Driver-The Empire Strikes Back-Goodfellas-The Godfather-Star Wars-The Shawshank Redemption-Resevoir Dogs-Memento-City Of God-No Country For Old Men-Braveheart-Casablanca-Raging Bull-Django Unchained-Amelie-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- Se7en-Halloween-Play It Again Sam-Apocalypse Now- Scarface-The Godfather 2-Schindler's List-Alien-The Big Lebowski
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 AM   #144
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Ehh... its an OK movie. A good one time viewing.
I don't see the benefit of multiple viewings. My prediction; half the people that blind bought this never give it a second spin.
Seen it twice now with every intention on seeing it more. Sits right alongside Killer Joe for quality and impact.

I don't, however, own the Blu-ray, just theater and rental. Probably something I would buy at a low price.

Just noticed a steelbook on Amazon for $16.18, might nab it.

Edit: Never mind. Amazon's price on the standard version is $11.40. That's what I'm grabbing.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."

Last edited by Kriztoffer Swank; 04-22-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #145
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
Seen it twice now with every intention on seeing it more. Sits right alongside Killer Joe for quality and impact.

I don't, however, own the Blu-ray, just theater and rental. Probably something I would buy at a low price.

Just noticed a steelbook on Amazon for $16.18, might nab it.

Edit: Never mind. Amazon's price on the standard version is $11.40. That's what I'm grabbing.
I wrote that over three months ago, and it's just two posts above. Haaaa. My prediction stands as is. Its safe to say this film ain't loved. Of course there can be an exception, and someone might want to watch it twice.. I did say "half". But so far you're the only one
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 AM   #146
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Include me, as well. Three times, so far. Still love it, though I wish they'd released the Director's Cut, since the Weinsteins cut about 30 minutes out of it. Yeah, that's right...I'd like to see MORE of this movie.
Thanks given by:
Fred Sliman (12-09-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #147
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Strange movie and even stranger BD. The damn thing was not loud enough, and the sound mix sucked (and they really overdid the TV political commentary. I mean, a little of that shit goes a long-g way ). When they played the Cash song (Jackie's arrival), you could barely hear the music. I stopped the movie twice to see if I had everything set up correctly. Overall, I'd have probably gone with a 7 (first time around), but Brad Pitt personally pushed this to an 8. Great performance by Pitt - especially his closing monolog. Priceless political dissertation on Obama and Jefferson - a cynic's dream.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #148
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Strange movie and even stranger BD. The damn thing was not loud enough, and the sound mix sucked (and they really overdid the TV political commentary. I mean, a little of that shit goes a long-g way ). When they played the Cash song (Jackie's arrival), you could barely hear the music. I stopped the movie twice to see if I had everything set up correctly. Overall, I'd have probably gone with a 7 (first time around), but Brad Pitt personally pushed this to an 8. Great performance by Pitt - especially his closing monolog. Priceless political dissertation on Obama and Jefferson - a cynic's dream.
Yeah the sound mix is odd. Love the movie though and considering I got it for 3.99 on black Friday im pleased.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:45 AM   #149
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Yeah the sound mix is odd. Love the movie though and considering I got it for 3.99 on black Friday im pleased.
Yeah, me too (BF). I was looking at some of the earlier posts and folks were talking about paying up to $20 and I almost felt guilty - almost.

On that sound mix : I think the first time I heard The Man Comes Around was in The Hunted (a great little flick which still hasn't made it to BD ). Cash is pounding his guitar like a rock band on powder and using that voice like from Mt. Jehovah and the track slams, thunders with power. Here it was like they castrated the poor SOB. I mean, WTF?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.

Thanks given by:
bdmartin134 (12-11-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #150

Jun 2011
Kansas City, MO
USA

One and done for me. average movie 4-5 out of 10 IMHO. Blah..
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #151
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
One and done for me. average movie 4-5 out of 10 IMHO. Blah..
Yup. I really, truly think its what I said. People blind buy things out of excitement (I know this because I used to do it with DVD, but learned my lesson), then try to justify (or force themselves to) liking it.
I feel that's the case with this film.
The rules for collecting blu-ray is:
1A. Watch in theaters.
Or
1B. Rent at home
2. Wait a day.
3. If you're still thinking about it, buy it on blu-ray
Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #152
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Yup. I really, truly think its what I said. People blind buy things out of excitement (I know this because I used to do it with DVD, but learned my lesson), then try to justify (or force themselves to) liking it.
I feel that's the case with this film.
The rules for collecting blu-ray is:
1A. Watch in theaters.
Or
1B. Rent at home
2. Wait a day.
3. If you're still thinking about it, buy it on blu-ray
Nah, renting is like throwing your money away. Wait 'til it's on Free-V or buy it when it's $3.99 & resell if ya hate it.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #153
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Steelbook of this was $7 at my Target today. I like crime movies and Pitt, and that's barely more than a rental, so I bit. Enjoyed the movie quite a lot. Very strong anti-capitalist statement movie, great dialog, should be good for repeat viewings IMO. Brad Pitt and Gandolfini are just themselves really, like they usually are, but still great fun to watch.

Video was a little odd, lots of scenes that looked a little rough, but I assume that was a stylistic choice.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #154
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Include me, as well. Three times, so far. Still love it, though I wish they'd released the Director's Cut, since the Weinsteins cut about 30 minutes out of it. Yeah, that's right...I'd like to see MORE of this movie.
Damn, I wonder what that 30 minutes was like?

I wasnt bowled over by this film but it was good. And even though I rented before, I want to see it again and thats a good sign.
Would you like some coffee, Mr. Tully?
Do I?
Yes, have some.
Yes, have some!
Old 11-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #155
Special Member

Dec 2009

This is a fantastic film. The directing is very John Carpenter-esque. It reminds me of Assault on Precinct 13 and those slow moving panning shots.

I missed in theaters but when I saw it on BD I said it would have been on my Top-10 of the year.

Never knew about the 30 minutes of cut footage.
Old 11-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #156

Feb 2015
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
Walmart currently has this Bluray/Digital HD for $3.96 for Black Friday. I just picked it up while looking through the selection.
Old 12-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #157

Sep 2012
Dallas, TX

Yesterday I got the steelbook at Target for $7.50
TV - Vizio XVT3D424SV LED Full HD 3D
Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2 THX
Speakers - Front: Polk Monitor50 Series II / Center: Polk CS2 Series II / Surround: Polk Monitor50 Series II
Sub - Yamaha YST-SW216BL
BD Player - PS3 Slim
Game Systems - Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
Old 05-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #158
Expert Member

Jun 2015

I watched this recently and am baffled how it's not considered a modern masterpiece. It's one of the best neo-noir crime films of the past 20 years IMO. The acting is top-notch across the board, the writing and direction by Andrew Dominik are fantastic. It's a fantastic companion piece to the film "The Friends of Eddie Coyle". Both films are based on the writing of George V. Higgins and present crime in a completely nihilistic, unglamorous way. Brilliant film.
Top 10 Most Wanted on Blu-Ray: 1) After Hours 2) Bringing Out the Dead 3) Bob Roberts 4) O Lucky Man 5) California Split 6) The Music of Chance 7) Stardust Memories 8) Brewster McCloud 9) The Hitcher (1986) 10) Deep Cover

Last edited by mja345; 05-08-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #159
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Damn, I wonder what that 30 minutes was like?

I wasnt bowled over by this film but it was good. And even though I rented before, I want to see it again and thats a good sign.

30 minutes? I heard it was more like 80 minutes.

Dominik turned in a really long cut. He is known for that. The first cut of Jesse James was over 3.5 hours I think.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #160
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

I've found there's more to notice and enjoy each time I see it. I think it'll build a following that stands the test of time.
They were pressed together like torn sheets of paper, crammed against the windows, unable to get through or be heard. At that moment he realised it didn't matter how many of you there were. Without a voice, you were lost.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America