Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Salem's Lot (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Orphan Black: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Daddy's Home (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 01:06 AM   #141
eiknarf eiknarf is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
New York
373
10
2
Default

Ehh... its an OK movie. A good one time viewing.
I don't see the benefit of multiple viewings. My prediction; half the people that blind bought this never give it a second spin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #142
MSims MSims is offline
Senior Member
 
MSims's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
20
Default

It was recently $11.99 at Best Buy, has the price ever went lower than that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #143
blufellas blufellas is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
blufellas's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Van Nuys, CA/ Argentina
1631
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
It was recently $11.99 at Best Buy, has the price ever went lower than that?
I have never seen it lower than that, not new at least.
TOP 25-Taxi Driver-The Empire Strikes Back-Goodfellas-The Godfather-Star Wars-The Shawshank Redemption-Resevoir Dogs-Memento-City Of God-No Country For Old Men-Braveheart-Casablanca-Raging Bull-Django Unchained-Amelie-The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- Se7en-Halloween-Play It Again Sam-Apocalypse Now- Scarface-The Godfather 2-Schindler's List-Alien-The Big Lebowski
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 AM   #144
Kriztoffer Swank Kriztoffer Swank is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Kriztoffer Swank's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Minnesota
1210
45
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Ehh... its an OK movie. A good one time viewing.
I don't see the benefit of multiple viewings. My prediction; half the people that blind bought this never give it a second spin.
Seen it twice now with every intention on seeing it more. Sits right alongside Killer Joe for quality and impact.

I don't, however, own the Blu-ray, just theater and rental. Probably something I would buy at a low price.

Just noticed a steelbook on Amazon for $16.18, might nab it.

Edit: Never mind. Amazon's price on the standard version is $11.40. That's what I'm grabbing.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."

Last edited by Kriztoffer Swank; 04-22-2014 at 02:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #145
eiknarf eiknarf is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
New York
373
10
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
Seen it twice now with every intention on seeing it more. Sits right alongside Killer Joe for quality and impact.

I don't, however, own the Blu-ray, just theater and rental. Probably something I would buy at a low price.

Just noticed a steelbook on Amazon for $16.18, might nab it.

Edit: Never mind. Amazon's price on the standard version is $11.40. That's what I'm grabbing.
I wrote that over three months ago, and it's just two posts above. Haaaa. My prediction stands as is. Its safe to say this film ain't loved. Of course there can be an exception, and someone might want to watch it twice.. I did say "half". But so far you're the only one
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 AM   #146
Oblivion138 Oblivion138 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Oblivion138's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
1983
7
3
34
Default

Include me, as well. Three times, so far. Still love it, though I wish they'd released the Director's Cut, since the Weinsteins cut about 30 minutes out of it. Yeah, that's right...I'd like to see MORE of this movie.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Fred Sliman (12-09-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #147
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
837
107
3
342
Default

Strange movie and even stranger BD. The damn thing was not loud enough, and the sound mix sucked (and they really overdid the TV political commentary. I mean, a little of that shit goes a long-g way ). When they played the Cash song (Jackie's arrival), you could barely hear the music. I stopped the movie twice to see if I had everything set up correctly. Overall, I'd have probably gone with a 7 (first time around), but Brad Pitt personally pushed this to an 8. Great performance by Pitt - especially his closing monolog. Priceless political dissertation on Obama and Jefferson - a cynic's dream.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:55 AM   #148
PuppetMasterBlu PuppetMasterBlu is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppetMasterBlu's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
653
39
117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Strange movie and even stranger BD. The damn thing was not loud enough, and the sound mix sucked (and they really overdid the TV political commentary. I mean, a little of that shit goes a long-g way ). When they played the Cash song (Jackie's arrival), you could barely hear the music. I stopped the movie twice to see if I had everything set up correctly. Overall, I'd have probably gone with a 7 (first time around), but Brad Pitt personally pushed this to an 8. Great performance by Pitt - especially his closing monolog. Priceless political dissertation on Obama and Jefferson - a cynic's dream.
Yeah the sound mix is odd. Love the movie though and considering I got it for 3.99 on black Friday im pleased.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:45 AM   #149
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
837
107
3
342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Yeah the sound mix is odd. Love the movie though and considering I got it for 3.99 on black Friday im pleased.
Yeah, me too (BF). I was looking at some of the earlier posts and folks were talking about paying up to $20 and I almost felt guilty - almost.

On that sound mix : I think the first time I heard The Man Comes Around was in The Hunted (a great little flick which still hasn't made it to BD ). Cash is pounding his guitar like a rock band on powder and using that voice like from Mt. Jehovah and the track slams, thunders with power. Here it was like they castrated the poor SOB. I mean, WTF?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bdmartin134 (12-11-2015)
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #150
chiptouz chiptouz is offline
New Member
 
chiptouz's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Kansas City, MO
156
109
USA

One and done for me. average movie 4-5 out of 10 IMHO. Blah..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #151
eiknarf eiknarf is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
New York
373
10
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
One and done for me. average movie 4-5 out of 10 IMHO. Blah..
Yup. I really, truly think its what I said. People blind buy things out of excitement (I know this because I used to do it with DVD, but learned my lesson), then try to justify (or force themselves to) liking it.
I feel that's the case with this film.
The rules for collecting blu-ray is:
1A. Watch in theaters.
Or
1B. Rent at home
2. Wait a day.
3. If you're still thinking about it, buy it on blu-ray
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #152
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
837
107
3
342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Yup. I really, truly think its what I said. People blind buy things out of excitement (I know this because I used to do it with DVD, but learned my lesson), then try to justify (or force themselves to) liking it.
I feel that's the case with this film.
The rules for collecting blu-ray is:
1A. Watch in theaters.
Or
1B. Rent at home
2. Wait a day.
3. If you're still thinking about it, buy it on blu-ray
Nah, renting is like throwing your money away. Wait 'til it's on Free-V or buy it when it's $3.99 & resell if ya hate it.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #153
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
1184
256
42
Default

Steelbook of this was $7 at my Target today. I like crime movies and Pitt, and that's barely more than a rental, so I bit. Enjoyed the movie quite a lot. Very strong anti-capitalist statement movie, great dialog, should be good for repeat viewings IMO. Brad Pitt and Gandolfini are just themselves really, like they usually are, but still great fun to watch.

Video was a little odd, lots of scenes that looked a little rough, but I assume that was a stylistic choice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #154
JimDiGriz JimDiGriz is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
JimDiGriz's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
UK
370
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Include me, as well. Three times, so far. Still love it, though I wish they'd released the Director's Cut, since the Weinsteins cut about 30 minutes out of it. Yeah, that's right...I'd like to see MORE of this movie.
Damn, I wonder what that 30 minutes was like?

I wasnt bowled over by this film but it was good. And even though I rented before, I want to see it again and thats a good sign.
Would you like some coffee, Mr. Tully?
Do I?
Yes, have some.
Yes, have some!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #155
cheez avenger cheez avenger is offline
Special Member
 
cheez avenger's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
633
9
Default

This is a fantastic film. The directing is very John Carpenter-esque. It reminds me of Assault on Precinct 13 and those slow moving panning shots.

I missed in theaters but when I saw it on BD I said it would have been on my Top-10 of the year.

Never knew about the 30 minutes of cut footage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #156
reneeatworld reneeatworld is offline
Senior Member
 
reneeatworld's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Texas
356
111
218
50
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSims View Post
It was recently $11.99 at Best Buy, has the price ever went lower than that?
Walmart currently has this Bluray/Digital HD for $3.96 for Black Friday. I just picked it up while looking through the selection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #157
Demonarch Demonarch is offline
Active Member
 
Demonarch's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Dallas, TX
697
7
Default

Yesterday I got the steelbook at Target for $7.50
TV - Vizio XVT3D424SV LED Full HD 3D
Receiver - Onkyo TX-NR616 7.2 THX
Speakers - Front: Polk Monitor50 Series II / Center: Polk CS2 Series II / Surround: Polk Monitor50 Series II
Sub - Yamaha YST-SW216BL
BD Player - PS3 Slim
Game Systems - Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:52 AM   #158
mja345 mja345 is offline
Expert Member
 
mja345's Avatar
 
Jun 2015
1760
488
Default

I watched this recently and am baffled how it's not considered a modern masterpiece. It's one of the best neo-noir crime films of the past 20 years IMO. The acting is top-notch across the board, the writing and direction by Andrew Dominik are fantastic. It's a fantastic companion piece to the film "The Friends of Eddie Coyle". Both films are based on the writing of George V. Higgins and present crime in a completely nihilistic, unglamorous way. Brilliant film.
Top 10 Most Wanted on Blu-Ray: 1) After Hours 2) Bringing Out the Dead 3) Bob Roberts 4) O Lucky Man 5) California Split 6) The Music of Chance 7) Stardust Memories 8) Brewster McCloud 9) The Hitcher (1986) 10) Deep Cover

Last edited by mja345; 05-08-2016 at 07:57 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (05-08-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #159
malakaheso malakaheso is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2013
Melbourne, Australia
581
277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Damn, I wonder what that 30 minutes was like?

I wasnt bowled over by this film but it was good. And even though I rented before, I want to see it again and thats a good sign.

30 minutes? I heard it was more like 80 minutes.

Dominik turned in a really long cut. He is known for that. The first cut of Jesse James was over 3.5 hours I think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:51 AM   #160
HotRats HotRats is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
HotRats's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Default

I've found there's more to notice and enjoy each time I see it. I think it'll build a following that stands the test of time.
They were pressed together like torn sheets of paper, crammed against the windows, unable to get through or be heard. At that moment he realised it didn't matter how many of you there were. Without a voice, you were lost.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:34 AM.