Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$68.00
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Pacific (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Independence Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Batman: The Killing Joke (Blu-ray)
$17.96
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Rick and Morty: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Person of Interest: The Complete Fifth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$33.10
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Only Yesterday (Blu-ray)
$22.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-25-2015, 12:39 AM   #1781
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Rumor: Black Canary is going to be in Justice League and the front runners are Alona Tal (Supernatural, Burn Notice) and Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road).

Source: Screen Rant
If that's the case then Alona Tal is the better choice.
Best movies last 10 years: Carol, Birdman, Her, The Master, Melancholia, The Social Network, Inglorious Basterds, The Dark Knight, Assassination of Jesse James, The Prestige
Old 11-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #1782

Jul 2015
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Gadot has put on tons of muscle too, but you're complaining about her. Try and explain the difference without mentioning breasts or curves. If you can manage it I will give you a cookie and eject from the debate.
Wow... just wow... have you read my previous posts? I never complained about Gadot. Find one of my posts where I do and I'll give you the cookies. I've mentioned 2 posts in a row that I wasn't talking about Gadot begin skinny, but rather Megal Gale, and in one I mentioned that Gadot looks badass to me.
Old 11-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #1783
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Rumor: Black Canary is going to be in Justice League and the front runners are Alona Tal (Supernatural, Burn Notice) and Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road).

Source: Screen Rant
Alona Tal is my choice from those two for Black Canary, if they are the front runners for the role.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #1784
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by matirocker View Post
Wow... just wow... have you read my previous posts? I never complained about Gadot. Find one of my posts where I do and I'll give you the cookies. I've mentioned 2 posts in a row that I wasn't talking about Gadot begin skinny, but rather Megal Gale, and in one I mentioned that Gadot looks badass to me.
Uhh, the post I quoted from you that started this debate talks about Wonder Woman, and I am pretty sure that is the role Gadot is playing, so yeah. If you meant someone else, well... okay. Either way, no matter who the woman is or what the role is, no one should be critiquing anyone's body, especially when the character's strength is mystical and not based on muscles.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #1785

Jul 2015
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
Uhh, the post I quoted from you that started this debate talks about Wonder Woman, and I am pretty sure that is the role Gadot is playing, so yeah. If you meant someone else, well... okay.
Interesting and very flawed logic, my friend. Wonder Woman is a character, sure, she's currently being portrayed by Gadot, but I was not talking about her.

Quote:
Either way, no matter who the woman is or what the role is, no one should be critiquing anyone's body, especially when the character's strength is mystical and not based on muscles.
I disagree. Superman's strenght is not based on muscles either, but by the sun's radiation. But if you had a skinny Superman, it would kinda suck, wouldn't it? Superheroes need to look badass, it's nothing ''personal'' with the actor/actress and his/her body, you need to look the part! It's their job
Old 11-26-2015, 12:21 PM   #1786

Mar 2008

Old 11-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #1787
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by matirocker View Post
I disagree. Superman's strenght is not based on muscles either, but by the sun's radiation. But if you had a skinny Superman, it would kinda suck, wouldn't it? Superheroes need to look badass, it's nothing ''personal'' with the actor/actress and his/her body, you need to look the part! It's their job
It depends on what you mean by "look the part." Comic books use exaggerated fantasy drawings, and expecting actors to live up to that is silly. Christopher Reeve is of course by far the best Superman, and while he was tall and fit he wasn't some Schwarzenegger style Mr. Universe. As long as you look fit then you're good to go.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:55 PM   #1788

Jul 2015
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Quote:
It depends on what you mean by "look the part." Comic books use exaggerated fantasy drawings, and expecting actors to live up to that is silly. Christopher Reeve is of course by far the best Superman, and while he was tall and fit he wasn't some Schwarzenegger style Mr. Universe. As long as you look fit then you're good to go.
Superheroes need to look badass. Having them looking huge and ridiculous like Schwarzenegger is an extreme, I'm not saying they should match exactly their comic exaggerated version. The unused WW, who I keep forgeting her name, didn't look really fit, she looked very skinny, soft and weak, even if her powers are mystical and stuff. Gadot looks great so far.

BTW, to the guy who posted the Flashpoint superman pic, that's the exact point I was making. Look at how miserable Superman is in that comic, locked away his whole life... he's not badass, even if he has the same powers. And I was referring to the normal versions of superheroes.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:54 PM   #1789
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
East Coast, USA.

Henry Cavill begins training for Justice League.

http://http://comicbook.com/2016/02/05/henry-cavill-begins-superman-training-for-justice-league/
Old 02-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #1790
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Old 02-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #1791
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

From man crush to pure lust. Cavill is beautiful.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:23 PM   #1792
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13

The son of Jor-El is definitely a big boy. Sold on the casting of Arthur Curry, Kal-El, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince. Hopefully the other 3 line up properly as well, even 1 bad casting could hurt this entire proposition.
RIP Navster, you were someone I considered a friend and BD.com will always remember you.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #1793
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
Durham

Source: ComingSoon

Quote:
Justice League Filming to Begin April 11
By Spencer Perry on February 22, 2016

Justice League filming will begin in April

Despite rumors to the contrary, production on Warner Bros. Pictures’ upcoming Justice League movie is set to begin shortly. EW is reporting the Justice League filming will begin on April 11.

“The idea that we could begin to boot up a Justice League concept was a cool thing,” director Zack Snyder told the outlet. “It was a little bit of an ‘about time’ moment, and I don’t blame [the studio] for feeling that way, because it’s a long time coming, but I do feel like it’s a little bit of a creative hurdle. It seems like an easy thing to do at first glance, the idea that, ‘Oh, we just get the rest of the superheroes in there.’ But you have to [establish] a world where they can exist.”

Jason Mamoa, Ray Fisher, and Ezra Miller will star as Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash in Justice League where they will be joined by the DC Trinity themselves, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. The Justice League filming will take place in London.

Justice League Part One will debut in theaters on November 10, 2017.
Deadpool: I'm gonna do to your face what Limp Bizkit did to music in the late 90s!
Old 02-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #1794
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

But I thought the entire DC universe was in trouble and they were cancelling JL, getting rid of Snyder, and bumping up a batman solo movie.

Yet another thing Mcweeny was wrong about.
PSN - DispatchNinja
Old 02-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #1795
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marcus View Post
Source: ComingSoon
Anyone else find it odd this Snyder League is lacking a 7th member? Hoping it's just going to be a surprise but right now it's bothering me a bit.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:01 PM   #1796

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Anyone else find it odd this Snyder League is lacking a 7th member? Hoping it's just going to be a surprise but right now it's bothering me a bit.
They could use the same trick as in Justice League New Frontier and introduce the seventh member (Green Lantern) during the first part.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:05 PM   #1797
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
US of A

Which Green Lantern are they going with for these movies?
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 02-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #1798
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Which Green Lantern are they going with for these movies?
Had to guess, Hal Jordan, although he will probably give some people mixed feelings since the GL film is so hated.
Old 02-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #1799
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Had to guess, Hal Jordan, although he will probably give some people mixed feelings since the GL film is so hated.
Yeah I'm not crazy about Jordan, would prefer Stewart or even Rayner. My guess is they introduce him or the larger GL Corps at some point during the first movie (they haven't even cast the part yet so he's not gonna be a major player in Part 1).
Top 25 | Aliens | Amadeus | Annie Hall | Casablanca | Chinatown | The Dark Knight | Days of Thunder | Die Hard | Drive | Fargo | The Fugitive | The Godfather, Part II | Goldfinger | Goodfellas | Lawrence of Arabia | The Lord of the Rings | Psycho | Pulp Fiction | Raiders of the Lost Ark | The Shining | The Silence of the Lambs | Star Wars | The Sting | Unforgiven | Zodiac | 2016 Movie Rankings |
Old 02-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #1800
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
Yeah I'm not crazy about Jordan, would prefer Stewart or even Rayner. My guess is they introduce him or the larger GL Corps at some point during the first movie (they haven't even cast the part yet so he's not gonna be a major player in Part 1).
I like Cyborg a lot as a Titan but he's just a boring JLA member, wish Snyder would've gone with J'Onn J'onzz instead. Hopefully they'll make Cyborg basically a junior Iron Man so he's not just a big guy with a cannon.
Thanks given by:
SixSpeedSamurai (02-22-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies