Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Now: It's a Very Merry Muppet Chris… $9.59 (97% sold out)
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
4 hrs ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
14 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
5 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
12 hrs ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
14 hrs ago
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #4241
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

Here's another T2G1 qualifying update for y'all. The following all qualified with the 20% extra trade-in credit (confirmed as automatic by a store rep) as well as the 10% DC card for a total of 30% extra trade-in credit:

Anchorman (single disc)
Bourne Identity (flipper disc)
Expendables 2
Independence Day
Live and Let Die (Bond individual releases)
Pulp Fiction
Savages
X-Men (the recent version from 2013)
X2 (the recent version from 2013)
X-Men: The Last Stand (the recent version from 2013)

Reserved 5 upcoming T2G1 titles that I had already preordered, so those will be just a placeholder until MS updates their T2G1 list. So with the 6 titles that qualified last week, and the 10 titles today, I've traded in 16 total cheap BF titles (most $3.99, some $5.99 next week) to get back about $160 value in new releases (if you consider a $19.99 minimum for each new release). Now I'll only have to spend about $70 next week to get my old blu-rays back. Helluva deal!

Oh, and I traded in WWE: Attitude Era Vol. 2 for over $14 in store credit. I only payed $9 for it thanks to Amazon's price error. I've got plenty of store credit saved up for Thanksgiving at Moviestop!
So where's that Unpopular Movie Opinions Thread?

My Top Films of 2014:
1) Birdman 2) Whiplash 3) Gone Girl 4) Under The Skin 5) Enemy 6) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9) Guardians of the Galaxy 10) Big Hero 6
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #4242

Aug 2007
Default Black Friday Ad

The Black Friday ad was available in store today when I went to pick up some reserves. There are a couple coupons ($5 off any movie purchase of $50 or more and one for 20% bonus trade in credit) that are only good from 11/27-11/29. No doorbusters that I see. I tried uploading some pictures, but it keeps telling me that it failed.

Here's a breakdown by page (sorry, I can't type out every title but will include a few examples from each section):
Page 1:
-$.79 used DVD Deals - 8 titles shown (Superman Returns, X2, Little Black Book, Goldmember)
- Lowest Price Guarantee for pre-orders (Expendables 3, DotPotA, GotG, TMNT)
- 10% off all collectibles
- $3.99 Blu-Rays New and Used but doesn't specify for each title - 26 titles pictured (After Earth, Evil Dead, Insidious 2, Titantic, Wizard of Oz)

Page 2:
- $4.99 Used TV box sets 22 titles pictured (24 S1, Lost S2, Bones S1, Family Guy Vol. 11)
- Up to 60% off Blu-Ray and DVD TV hits 21 titles pictured (Blacklist S1 DVD, Big Bang S6 DVD, Arrow S2 Blu, Sleepy Hollow Blu)

Page 3:
- B2G1 Free DVD - stacks of titles shown (Wanted, Bad Boys 2, Braveheart, Iron Man, Twilight)
- 3 for $5 used DVD - 22 titles shown (Saw, I am Legend, Spider-Man 2, AVP)

Page 4:
- Up to 60% off new Blu-Ray and DVD releases - 14 titles shown (Hercules Blu, Maleficient Blu, HttYD 2 Blu, Into the Storm Blu, Sleeping Beauty Blu)
- Up to 60% off new and used blu-rays - 14 titles shown (Divergent, Elysium, Despicable Me 2, Catching Fire, The Heat)

Like I said, there are many titles pictured and no real prices given. Some sections mix the blu-ray and DVD and also mix new and used so it might not be all versions and it always says "Up to 60%" so many will not be 60% I would imagine. Hopefully Trent or Kira can get the actual images posted.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #4243
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

That means Arrow S2 will be $45

Hey Kira can you tell me if Bob's Burgers S1-4 and Impractical Jokers S1-2 are on sale. I know Bob's Burgers S1 was cheap last year.
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

Jets 2-8 (It's going to be a real long season)

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #4244
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
Good thinking! I'll have to look thru mine. Only thing is if I trade them in and I can't find them on BF then I'm screwed, lol.

I plan on hitting up Best Buy tomorrow with the B1 $10, Get 1 free on select Sony titles, and taking them to MovieStop.
Not that great of a deal compared to the advertised select few $3.99 titles that will start tomorrow. I'll have to see what qualifies, but that would be (before tax) $8 Trade 2's, or $12 Trade 3's (GotG and any other catalog titles that won't be on Trade 2, but are $29.99 or less in system)

Gotta work the best value, guys! Lol. I was planning on doing the Hastings 4 or more 40% off with their $2.25 after coupon for $10.63 (after $1.29 shipping ea.) Trade 3's, but with their notoriously slow shipping and the 20% increase ending 12/1, I don't wanna risk it being stuck with duds.
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). PM me.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #4245
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by walruswarrior View Post

Hey Kira can you tell me if Bob's Burgers S1-4 and Impractical Jokers S1-2 are on sale. I know Bob's Burgers S1 was cheap last year.
FML, I didn't get to check or set aside anything besides the Batman set, which I'll PM you about. Prepping for BF all week has had all of our time occupied.
Looking for DVD slipcovers only: Luther Series 3. Haibane Renmei (DVD Anime Classics). Desert Punk (DVD Repackage). Le Chevalier D'Eon (DVD). PM me.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #4246
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida

I went back into the store since I was still in the plaza to try and grab the BF flyer, but the manager told me I can't take it out of the store just yet. And didn't wanna chance taking pics of the pages, so I apologize if anyone is anxious to look at it. Should be available to look through in-store if you want.

My Top Films of 2014:
1) Birdman 2) Whiplash 3) Gone Girl 4) Under The Skin 5) Enemy 6) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 7) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 8) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9) Guardians of the Galaxy 10) Big Hero 6
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #4247

Apr 2009
Midlothian, VA

Quote:
Seriously doubt they carry Bob's Burgers S2 or 3 (S4 is not yet available on physical media), as only S1 was released as actual factory pressed discs....unfortunately S2 and 3 are only available as MOD DVD-Rs....
Old Yesterday, 11:32 PM   #4248
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
Seriously doubt they carry Bob's Burgers S2 or 3 (S4 is not yet available on physical media), as only S1 was released as actual factory pressed discs....unfortunately S2 and 3 are only available as MOD DVD-Rs....
That's horrible
BTW can I buy a Bat Cowl or should I just send you some boxed mac and cheese and some canned beans and we call it even?
-snobird

It pays to pay it forward. PM me to learn how to do it with UV and iTunes codes!!
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #4249

Apr 2009
Midlothian, VA

Quote:
That's horrible
The "good" news is, if you really want them, Fox Connect carries them and they are only like $20, so when they have their 50% off coupon codes, you can pick them up for only $10....
I know some people will still refuse burnt discs even at any price point, but I still prefer it to a digital streaming copy...
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM   #4250
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
The "good" news is, if you really want them, Fox Connect carries them and they are only like $20, so when they have their 50% off coupon codes, you can pick them up for only $10....
I know some people will still refuse burnt discs even at any price point, but I still prefer it to a digital streaming copy...
Emphasis on the "good". I LOVE that Shout Factory licensed and released official versions of Aah! Real Monsters!, Hey Arnold!, and the lot, but there are still some Nickelodeon classics I grew up with that I'd love to have to introduce my niece to that are only Amazon burn on demand DVD-Rs. I've seen unboxings, and besides the purple backs, the packaging looks uniform and nice, and people say the encode and quality of video is great, but most are seasons only, and when Scream Factory licenses and sells complete for liek $19-$35, I'd rather go that route. I'd love to own Rocket Power, Doug, Are you Afraid of the Dark? and all, so if they're liek $7.99 a season ($15 for Doug complete set they did), I may bite for those BODs.
Old Today, 12:16 AM   #4251
Power Member

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by K i r a View Post
Not that great of a deal compared to the advertised select few $3.99 titles that will start tomorrow. I'll have to see what qualifies, but that would be (before tax) $8 Trade 2's, or $12 Trade 3's (GotG and any other catalog titles that won't be on Trade 2, but are $29.99 or less in system)

Gotta work the best value, guys! Lol. I was planning on doing the Hastings 4 or more 40% off with their $2.25 after coupon for $10.63 (after $1.29 shipping ea.) Trade 3's, but with their notoriously slow shipping and the 20% increase ending 12/1, I don't wanna risk it being stuck with duds.
Oh I'm doing the $3.99 titles too but plan on picking some of the Sony titles as well. The reason for the Sony titles is some of them got codes I think I can flip or trade to help bring the cost down, plus most of the Sony ones I think will qualify. My store lets me do Trade 2 Get 1 on anything they have in the system so I'll be picking up as many titles as I can tomorrow at Best Buy and then a few more on Black Friday
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #4252

Apr 2009
Midlothian, VA

Quote:
Emphasis on the "good". I LOVE that Shout Factory licensed and released official versions of Aah! Real Monsters!, Hey Arnold!, and the lot, but there are still some Nickelodeon classics I grew up with that I'd love to have to introduce my niece to that are only Amazon burn on demand DVD-Rs. I've seen unboxings, and besides the purple backs, the packaging looks uniform and nice, and people say the encode and quality of video is great, but most are seasons only, and when Scream Factory licenses and sells complete for liek $19-$35, I'd rather go that route. I'd love to own Rocket Power, Doug, Are you Afraid of the Dark? and all, so if they're liek $7.99 a season ($15 for Doug complete set they did), I may bite for those BODs.
I agree...MODs are better than the alternative of no releases at all...so far I have picked up S3 and 4 of The Cleveland Show, S1 of Brickleberry, and S2 of Bob's Burgers, all for $10 or less each from Fox Connect with 50% off coupons....now that they have added S3 of Bob's Burgers and S2 of Brickleberry, I'm just awaiting the next 50% off flash sale....
So far, the only other two MOD titles I've bought are Silverhawks Vol 2 (once it finally got cheap enough), and my favorite new comedy of the past few years, the criminally mistreated Happy Endings (S3, the last season, was only release as MOD)....
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #4253

Oct 2011
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
Oh I'm doing the $3.99 titles too but plan on picking some of the Sony titles as well. The reason for the Sony titles is some of them got codes I think I can flip or trade to help bring the cost down, plus most of the Sony ones I think will qualify. My store lets me do Trade 2 Get 1 on anything they have in the system so I'll be picking up as many titles as I can tomorrow at Best Buy and then a few more on Black Friday
I'm jealous!!
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #4254
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Florida
Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmellow143 View Post
I'm jealous!!
+1. That's just crazy good. I would be reserving everything that's currently in theaters that I loved (Birdman, Whiplash, Gone Girl, Mockingjay Part 1, Big Hero 6, Interstellar).

My Top Films of 2014:
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #4255
Special Member

Dec 2011
Massachusetts

Quote:

Impractical Jokers season 1 is currently $9 at Walmart.
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #4256
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
Impractical Jokers season 1 is currently $9 at Walmart.
Yeah but I have a ton of MS credit. Even if it's $10 I would buy it at MS because it would be cheaper for me than WM.
-snobird

Old Today, 01:33 AM   #4257
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Yeah but I have a ton of MS credit. Even if it's $10 I would buy it at MS because it would be cheaper for me than WM.
Just called my store, and they actually have a used one for $7.99, so I had them set it aside with your name until Black Friday. I'll check tomorrow if it's on sale new to compare, but if not, you should be covered still.
Old Today, 02:10 AM   #4258
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2008

Quote:
Just called my store, and they actually have a used one for $7.99, so I had them set it aside with your name until Black Friday. I'll check tomorrow if it's on sale new to compare, but if not, you should be covered still.
Nice!! You rock

Season 1 right. Crazy if that's for S2 because it just came out.
-snobird

Old Today, 03:19 AM   #4259
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Florida

Quote:
Nice!! You rock

Season 1 right. Crazy if that's for S2 because it just came out.
Yeah, just Season 1.
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #4260
Special Member

Aug 2010
Baker,Florida

Worked for T2/T3G1 yesterday:
Man With No Name Trilogy (Origianl Release) $5.06
Almost Famous $3.30
X-MenOFP $15.30
A Million Ways To Die In The West $15.30
Edge Of Tomorrow $15.30

There is a cash converters close to my store where I picked up those newer releases used for $4.99 a piece.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Black Friday and Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals