Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #2121
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Fantasia/2000's mix sounds amazing. I guess the disc never really received its due accolades for sound because it is comprised of music, not hellzapoppin surround sound. The music has real punch and clarity...that LFE thump when the Sprite awakens the Firebird will make you jump out of your seat.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #2122
Power Member

Aug 2009
Louisville, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
Fantasia/2000's mix sounds amazing. I guess the disc never really received its due accolades for sound because it is comprised of music, not hellzapoppin surround sound. The music has real punch and clarity...that LFE thump when the Sprite awakens the Firebird will make you jump out of your seat.
+1

Love the movie and the sound. Fantasia2000 is one of my favorite animated films.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:21 PM   #2123
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Speaking of the sound mixes, I finally hooked up my LaserDisc Player to my new setup I got last summer and also connected wire to my SUB for 2.0 audio so now I get some 2.1 sound on certain titles depending on their audio track output.

So I finally put in my old Fantasia LD and the stereo soundtrack seperation was quite interesting in comparison to the 7.1 as expected. Of course LD video isn't the greatest for sure.. but it is always interesting to revisit what the film used to look like to me and see how eye popping the HD is. Audio on LDs in most cases were quite good and I still believe many LD's had much better audio than DVDs.

I kind of wish we had a small little LaserDisc forum Thread like we do for DVDs.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 04-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #2124
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
I kind of wish we had a small little LaserDisc forum Thread like we do for DVDs.
Blu-ray Forum> Home Theater> Home Theater General Discussion> The Official LaserDisc Thread
Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #2125

Jun 2010
Westbury, NY

AND...the Laser has the real voice of Deems Taylor AND the opening credit where it belongs, at the opening!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #2126
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Blu-ray Forum> Home Theater> Home Theater General Discussion> The Official LaserDisc Thread
Thanks! I had no idea.. I was browsing around looking but I didn't dig hard enough
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Old 04-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #2127
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABaglivi View Post
AND...the Laser has the real voice of Deems Taylor AND the opening credit where it belongs, at the opening!
complete? I thought the main reason why they replaced it was because they couldn't use the complete narration he did. How different is the voice? Obviously it isn't his on hte dvd/blu-ray but did they at least find a close match?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #2128
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
complete? I thought the main reason why they replaced it was because they couldn't use the complete narration he did. How different is the voice? Obviously it isn't his on hte dvd/blu-ray but did they at least find a close match?
The laserdisc is based on a shorter version than the DVD/Blu-ray (where they attempted to more completely reconstruct the original version (except for the stuff they thought would make them look bad lol), for which not all of Taylor's narration was available), and is an essential piece of anyone's Disney collection for having the original narration (and I'd also argue for coming from an era where they didn't have the ability to modify these works the way Disney does now, even if Fantasia suffers less than most and at the same time looks kinda gnarly on LD).
Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #2129
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
Speaking of the sound mixes, I finally hooked up my LaserDisc Player to my new setup I got last summer and also connected wire to my SUB for 2.0 audio so now I get some 2.1 sound on certain titles depending on their audio track output.

So I finally put in my old Fantasia LD and the stereo soundtrack seperation was quite interesting in comparison to the 7.1 as expected. Of course LD video isn't the greatest for sure.. but it is always interesting to revisit what the film used to look like to me and see how eye popping the HD is. Audio on LDs in most cases were quite good and I still believe many LD's had much better audio than DVDs.

My thoughts on LDs are that full frame/pan&scan PQ still looks watchable but letterbox looks really really bad!
Wanted: Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Exorcist, and A Clockwork Orange. Replacement Sleeve Insert for Criterion's "Chungking Express" and Digipak for "The Third Man".
Old 05-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #2130

Nov 2012
Default Is this UK Blu-Ray version playable on a US player?

I just ordered the UK DVD/Blu-Ray version, used, at a great price. (zoverstocks is willing to ship to the US.) Do I have some assurance that the Blu-Ray will play on an ordinary US player?
Thanks given by:
kidglov3s (05-01-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #2131
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
I just ordered the UK DVD/Blu-Ray version, used, at a great price. (zoverstocks is willing to ship to the US.) Do I have some assurance that the Blu-Ray will play on an ordinary US player?
I have the UK Fantasia discs and they work without any issues on my Region A locked US players.
Thanks given by:
lgmayka (05-01-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #2132
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
I have the UK Fantasia discs and they work without any issues on my Region A locked US players.
the zavvi steelbook (of the first film) actually incorrectly states the disc is region b only - which it thankfully isn't.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #2133
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
the zavvi steelbook (of the first film) actually incorrectly states the disc is region b only - which it thankfully isn't.
As does my single release. I wonder what the story is with that.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #2134
Power Member

Sep 2007
The Tragic City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
As does my single release. I wonder what the story is with that.
I wasn't paying attention when it happened, but Disney's attitude on BD region coding relaxed considerably at some point along the line. All of my earlier Disney BD purchases are restricted...just looked over everything I've gotten in the past year and they're all A-B-C, new and catalog titles both.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #2135

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
I bought the Blu-ray only Fantasia from Amazon.co.uk in January (11.62 shipped) and it works fine.

I don't know if the DVD in your set will be region locked.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #2136
Special Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThom View Post
I bought the Blu-ray only Fantasia from Amazon.co.uk in January (11.62 shipped) and it works fine.

I don't know if the DVD in your set will be region locked.
I should clarify that when I said Fantasia discs I meant the Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray discs (which I bought the Blu-ray singles of). I would expect the DVDs to be R2.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #2137
Power Member

Jul 2012
TX, USA

Anyway, for anyone who has the US double feature BD, did you have problems being able to see the menu load properly?

I remember when I rented the US double feature BD from Blockbuster by Mail, I have problems viewing the menu (and I was pretty sure my firmware was current at the time). I then reported it to Blockbuster and they sent me another disc, which had the same problem. Eventually, I just chose to navigate the menu blind (since I couldn't see the features listing, I had to hope I was clicking on the right feature and not clicking on the BD Live network).

When Blockbuster was closing, I noticed the physical locations had separate discs for Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 (with their own art). The location had priced their "vaulted" Disney selection separately and at a higher price than the other movies. So I ended up ordering the UK Double Feature BD (which has separate discs for each movie) from Zavvi, and it runs much better than the US Double Feature BD ran on my BD player.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #2138
Power Member

Sep 2007
The Tragic City

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
Anyway, for anyone who has the US double feature BD, did you have problems being able to see the menu load properly?
Nope, never had that problem. The menus were slow loaders (not an issue with multiple firmware updates since then), but that was the extent of it.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #2139
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

Anyone have an HQ scan of the SINGLE release of Fantasia (not the double pack)? Thanks!

This is what I'm looking for.
Anna Faris' Biggest Fan

A year ago (June 2013), I saw Showgirls for the first time and it's changed my life.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #2140

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

Just got back from the E3 Expo, and if I was excited for Fantasia: Music Evolved before, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair shaking with anticipation for it now.

It's a shame they aren't bringing (or haven't announced) the movies coming out of the Vault for this holiday season to coincide with the game's release. Would be nice to have more Disney options this Christmas besides Hercules, Tarzan, and Sleeping Beauty. Real options, I mean.
Please kindly voice your desire for a lenticular slipcover on the upcoming Frozen 3D Special Edition!
Call or email WDSHE at www.disneystudioshelp.com/ContactUs

Last edited by RayCRP; 06-14-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America