Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #441

Mar 2014
So Paulo, Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I'm citing an interview from the last couple years, you're citing one from 1981, she probably softened her opinion on it with time. :P Terror Train also is more of a whodunnit than a Halloween ripoff and Halloween II isn't a remake because it's a sequel, so I don't see that position as being hypocritical at all. She was also probably pissed at that point since that was before she had managed to break out of horror movies, which surely took a pretty harsh stance on distancing herself from the material before she would be taken seriously.
Never said she was being hypocritical, just thought it didn't made sense her anger towards Prom Night and not the others since they're pretty much the same material.

Prom Night is also more of a whodunnit, and Terror Train uses the same idea (killer after a group to avenge something from the past). So, she should hate TT even more if we're following the logic on what she said about PN.
Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut:

http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2

Last edited by JackForrester; 10-26-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #442
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
Yes, Wendy's chase scene is one of my favorites. She was such a b**** during the film but for someone who can run like that on heels,
[Show spoiler]she really deserved to live

Yep, great haunting soundtrack. Needs a special edition release.
i liked it because it lasted forever. usually only the 'final girl' puts up a fight
Quote:
Curtis would later regret her involvement in Prom Night, citing it as the worst of her earlier horror pictures. During an interview with Fangoria around the release of Halloween II in 1981, Curtis admitted, I hated Prom Night I had only made two movies up to that time, they offered me three times the money I was paid on The Fog, and it was the first role that was actually offered to me; I didnt even have to read for it Ill let you know something, all that psychopathic killer stuff was not in the original script, not in the script I agreed to do. They added that after they cut the movie. Im very angry about that because I feel I wouldnt have made the movie had it been a remake of Halloween which is exactly what they were trying to do."

That seems pretty spiteful.
And doesn't make sense she hated Prom Night so much because it was a repetition of Halloween, and her next two movies were Terror Train and, uh Halloween II?
she thinks its a remake of Halloween? just because it has a guy killing teens probably. this movie isn't very similar to Halloween. she must think Donnie Brasco is a remake of the Godfather because they're both about mobsters lol.
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #443
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
Never said she was being hypocritical, just thought it didn't made sense her anger towards Prom Night and not the others since they're pretty much the same material.

Prom Night is also more of a whodunnit, and Terror Train uses the same idea (killer after a group to avenge something from the past). So, she should hate TT even more if we're following the logic on what she said about PN.
yeah i don't get it. its a slasher. of course it will have similarities, a guy killing teens usually. mob movies are the same way. criminals make money and kill. does Goodfellas suck because its similar to the Godfather in that regard? of course not
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (10-28-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 AM   #444
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_wentworth View Post
i liked it because it lasted forever. usually only the 'final girl' puts up a fight
IMO, that's partly because this film
[Show spoiler]really doesn't have a final girl, at least not in the traditional sense. Kim Hammond (Jamie Lee Curtis) isn't really a final girl as she never really comes into direct contact with the killer as a potential victim. Ultimately she serves an almost Loomis-esque role by saving Nick McBride (Casey Stevens) from the killer. Technically, this is a final guy movie, but Nick McBride's survival at the end is sort of an afterthought by the end of the film.
Thanks given by:
sarah_wentworth (Yesterday)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #445

Mar 2014
So Paulo, Brazil

I don't have the Bluray yet. As a big fan of this film I'm excited to see the audio commentary and the Horrors of Hamilton High feature.
Which actors appear in it?
And I heard the audio commentary is kind of disappointing. Any ideas why?
Please sign my petition for the release of Wes Craven's DEADLY FRIEND Director's cut:

http://www.change.org/petitions/shou...-blu-ray-dvd-2
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM   #446
Expert Member

Jun 2014
canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
IMO, that's partly because this film
[Show spoiler]really doesn't have a final girl, at least not in the traditional sense. Kim Hammond (Jamie Lee Curtis) isn't really a final girl as she never really comes into direct contact with the killer as a potential victim. Ultimately she serves an almost Loomis-esque role by saving Nick McBride (Casey Stevens) from the killer. Technically, this is a final guy movie, but Nick McBride's survival at the end is sort of an afterthought by the end of the film.
oh that makes sense
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America