Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Martian (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Independence Day (Blu-ray)
$51.25
The Universe: The Complete Series Megaset (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Last Ship: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.27
In the Heart of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Catch Me If You Can (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Return of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Witch (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Expanse: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-31-2015, 02:46 AM   #1161
Special Member

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Love this movie, one of my favorites, but I have to laugh every time I watch it when I see the one scene in the hospital after the attack and the docs in the room on the phone and the fireman comes in and in the background....watch his helmet. You tell me they couldn't afford a decent Firemen's helmet? It's such a kids toy helmet with the shield flopping around. Oh well, it's part of the charm of that era
Didn't notice.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #1162
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011

I wanna order this and Halloween 2 from Amazon. Do they still come with slipcovers?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:05 PM   #1163
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
USA

If I am not mistaken the Universal editions do not come with slipcover stand at this point the Scream Factory editions are hit and miss.
The Ghostbusters earned their Stripes and to relax decided to go play golf, but got locked in the Caddyshack by the Gopher with The Blues Brothers who are hiding from a Dragnet but luckily they all escaped to The Great Outdoors, where they met a ranger who turned out to be The Man Who Knew Too Little because everything he said was Lost In Translation. Upon leaving, they met St. Vincent who invited them to Rock The Kasbah after watching The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:14 AM   #1164

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
I wanna order this and Halloween 2 from Amazon. Do they still come with slipcovers?
I contacted Shout Factory a few months ago and they said after three months from the release date they no longer release them with slipcovers. So you might want to try Ebay.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #1165
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Australia

Are there surround elements in the DTS 2.0 track? or is it frout heavy stereo?
Old 11-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #1166
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Australia

It's interesting to think what if the concept Halloween 3 started resonated with audience? We would have a different Halloween themed movie for Halloween 4, 5, 6 etc with Micheal Myers' story obviously being done and dusted after Halloween 2.

Sure Myers would have still been famous with the 2 orignal films, and there may have still been a remake, but no where near to the extent as the horror icon he ended up being.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #1167
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-21 View Post
Are there surround elements in the DTS 2.0 track? or is it frout heavy stereo?
It's mono. So... very front heavy.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:52 PM   #1168

Oct 2013
The Upper Left Hand Corner

Quote:
It's interesting to think what if the concept Halloween 3 started resonated with audience? We would have a different Halloween themed movie for Halloween 4, 5, 6 etc with Micheal Myers' story obviously being done and dusted after Halloween 2.

Sure Myers would have still been famous with the 2 orignal films, and there may have still been a remake, but no where near to the extent as the horror icon he ended up being.
I ponder this often if I'm honest. Halloween is easily one of the best horror movies ever made, a triumph of low budget filmmaking, and a great film full stop. I also thoroughly enjoy the second film, but wouldn't have minded if that had been the end of Myers' legacy. HIII is an awesome film, full of atmosphere and grit. I would've welcomed a Halloween Anthology series from that point on. Even though there are many bits to enjoy scattered throughout the following sequels, none of them resonate with me the way HIII does. I've seen them all a few times and feel I've had my fill. Anyhow, a very cool "what might've been" topic.
Don't squat with your spurs on.
Thanks given by:
Blu-21 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 06:47 AM   #1169
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle_JP View Post
It's mono. So... very front heavy.
Forgive my ignorance but I thought mono was 1.0, and stereo was 2.0, and stereo/2.0 can be split to surround sound via Pro Logic enabled.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #1170

Sep 2009

Got this last week, not sure if the disk I have is defective but at the beginning when the title card showing the date October whatever, the font appears to have what I can only describe as an interlaced look about it, very unstable and not solid. Is it like this on anyone else's, I don't remember it been like this on the Shout version but that could of been due to their low pass filtering.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:41 PM   #1171
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Forgive my ignorance but I thought mono was 1.0, and stereo was 2.0, and stereo/2.0 can be split to surround sound via Pro Logic enabled.
Studios commonly encode mono tracks as 2.0. I don't know why.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #1172
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo Sanboval View Post
I ponder this often if I'm honest. Halloween is easily one of the best horror movies ever made, a triumph of low budget filmmaking, and a great film full stop. I also thoroughly enjoy the second film, but wouldn't have minded if that had been the end of Myers' legacy. HIII is an awesome film, full of atmosphere and grit. I would've welcomed a Halloween Anthology series from that point on. Even though there are many bits to enjoy scattered throughout the following sequels, none of them resonate with me the way HIII does. I've seen them all a few times and feel I've had my fill. Anyhow, a very cool "what might've been" topic.
The first one is a classic if a tad out-dated. The second one just didnt work for me. He should have been dead after being shot numerous times at the end of the first film. I even like the idea of us NOT knowing if he lived or what happened. The ending of the first film was great.

H2 had too many instances of "horror movie cliche No-no's". Like obnoxous characters(othen than Laurie) that you HOPED got killed. A Hospital with like a staff of 3 people working for a whole evening? Cars that wont start, guy walks after someone whose running and catches them, etc. Just seemed cheesey. Heck, Id rather watch the 3rd film than H2.
Samsung PN64H5000 plasma
LG BP540, LG BD570, PS3
Toshiba A30 & A2
Sony STR DH550
Polk TSi 300's, M10's, RM8, PSW110
Harmony 560
Thanks given by:
steve1971 (11-11-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 05:06 PM   #1173

Oct 2013
The Upper Left Hand Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
The first one is a classic if a tad out-dated. The second one just didnt work for me. He should have been dead after being shot numerous times at the end of the first film. I even like the idea of us NOT knowing if he lived or what happened. The ending of the first film was great.

H2 had too many instances of "horror movie cliche No-no's". Like obnoxous characters(othen than Laurie) that you HOPED got killed. A Hospital with like a staff of 3 people working for a whole evening? Cars that wont start, guy walks after someone whose running and catches them, etc. Just seemed cheesey. Heck, Id rather watch the 3rd film than H2.
Me, too. I like HIII better that H2 as well. It's just that I like the first three better than the whole of the rest of the series and the two reboots. So much so that I think the direction they tried to go with HIII was the more intriguing. It sounds like both of us agree with Carpenter in that H2 was as slasher-y as we needed to see Michael Myers get.
Don't squat with your spurs on.
Thanks given by:
steve1971 (11-11-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #1174

Jan 2015

Quote:
Because they're not Warner Bros.?
Old 11-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #1175
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo Sanboval View Post
Me, too. I like HIII better that H2 as well. It's just that I like the first three better than the whole of the rest of the series and the two reboots. So much so that I think the direction they tried to go with HIII was the more intriguing. It sounds like both of us agree with Carpenter in that H2 was as slasher-y as we needed to see Michael Myers get.

I agree 100% with both of you guys!
Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A LED/3D TV.
Sony BDP S5500 3D Blu ray Player.
Sony 5.2-Channel 4K A/V HD Receiver - STRDH540.
Center Channel Speaker: Tivoli Signature Series.
Tower Speakers: Sony SS-MF315's.
Surrounds: Pioneer Satellite Speakers.
Xfinity HD.
Thanks given by:
Mateo Sanboval (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #1176

Sep 2015

Quote:
The first one is a classic if a tad out-dated. The second one just didnt work for me. He should have been dead after being shot numerous times at the end of the first film.
You aren't a hardcore Halloween fan are you? I mean, Michael doesn't die for good, he always comes back one way or another. You know, just like Freddy and Jason...
For Sale: Friday The 13th - Complete Collection HD UV Code - $20 & Christine HD UV Code - $4
Old 11-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #1177
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010

Quote:
It's so you don't have one speaker in the corner making all the noise
4k yes HDR no.
Physical media Fo lyfe.
The Scott Bros. do no wrong.
Dolby Vision is a company grasping at relevance.
Bring back and refine SXRD displays.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #1178

Feb 2014

Quote:

I hear you, but keep in mind that this was released in 1981. If it came out in 1991 I would tend to agree with you. Ten years prior these types of plot devices weren't quite as played out.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America