Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
6 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #1081

Jan 2013
Default Playback problems

So I'm experiencing some playback problems with my disc:

It played fine maybe 2 or 3 times.
Now, it plays the 'Magic Kingdom' opening sequence and informs me I can 'press top/pop-up menu to skip ads and play movie', then stops
I have not updated my firmware since I bought the movie, so that's not different
I have cleared my BD data cache
I have unplugged my BD player for an extended period
I have tried it with and without external memory

Unfortunately I don't have the greatest player, I have a Sony BDV-E300
Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #1082
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

I've decided to start "trimming the fat" from my movie collection....Pirates 2, 3, and 4 are on their way to "Sell-me-ville". Just don't have time anymore for the vastly inferior sequels.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #1083
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
I've decided to start "trimming the fat" from my movie collection....Pirates 2, 3, and 4 are on their way to "Sell-me-ville". Just don't have time anymore for the vastly inferior sequels.
Just curious, how many movies do you have?
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1084
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep in the jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmy Lugosi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Just curious, how many movies do you have?
Too many. Hundreds; maybe over 1,000.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #1085
Special Member

May 2009
Rio Grande Valley, Texas

So, I was finally able to watch this movie this past Saturday (bought the 3D edition even though I don't have a 3D TV, but that discussion is for another thread) and I can say that I am pleased with what I saw.

Maybe I went in with low expectations (from many critics and reviewers) but I truly enjoyed this movie. It is on par with #2 in regards the blockbuster factor (think of it as how well it measures with Raiders of the Lost Ark which was made to purely entertain and have fun) and was paced well enough not to be like #3.

I do think it needed a bit more meat (but not as much to leave you confused as with #3) and also it needed a better 'love couple' to match Bloom and Knightley. What I did found myself doing was...laughing. I think this time Depp had more one liners than anything else, and almost all of them were funny (if you had seen it,
[Show spoiler]think at the time when he arrives at the site of Ponce de Leon's ship and he starts talking as if he had an audience and realizes he doesn't
).

Now, will I be rewatching the movie that often? Well, I don't think so, but I don't do that with the other Pirates either. Overall, I felt this movie was fun, well-paced and with a good story that didn't get all confusing. My score, 3.5 ships out of 5.
Order in which to watch the Star Wars Saga: IV-[I*]-V-II-The Clone Wars TV Show (selected episodes if you want)-III-VI *[You can do without watching I]
"Truth Told People Of The World..."
Old 08-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #1086

Jan 2011
Georgia

To those still looking for a deal on the 3D edition, check your local FYE. They had it for $10.00 brand new, good slipcovers, and had three or so left after I got one. Pretty sweet deal on such a set.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #1087
Special Member

Jan 2009
Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to fiveseven4combat Send a message via Yahoo to fiveseven4combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoeKalel View Post
So, I was finally able to watch this movie this past Saturday (bought the 3D edition even though I don't have a 3D TV, but that discussion is for another thread) and I can say that I am pleased with what I saw.

Maybe I went in with low expectations (from many critics and reviewers) but I truly enjoyed this movie. It is on par with #2 in regards the blockbuster factor (think of it as how well it measures with Raiders of the Lost Ark which was made to purely entertain and have fun) and was paced well enough not to be like #3.

I do think it needed a bit more meat (but not as much to leave you confused as with #3) and also it needed a better 'love couple' to match Bloom and Knightley. What I did found myself doing was...laughing. I think this time Depp had more one liners than anything else, and almost all of them were funny (if you had seen it,
[Show spoiler]think at the time when he arrives at the site of Ponce de Leon's ship and he starts talking as if he had an audience and realizes he doesn't
).

Now, will I be rewatching the movie that often? Well, I don't think so, but I don't do that with the other Pirates either. Overall, I felt this movie was fun, well-paced and with a good story that didn't get all confusing. My score, 3.5 ships out of 5.
I enjoyed this one as well. To be honest it's my favorite sequel. Dead Man's Chest is really hard to focus on, I got confused the first few times I watched it and At World's End.... Well let's not even get into that one. I enjoyed the story of On Stranger Tides and I actually think I will end up re watching this more than the first 2 sequels.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #1088
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Disney re-releasing this in 2D, with the bonus disc from the 3D pack included? I don't support foolish gimmicks.
I called Walt Disney Studios or a Disney Blu-ray phone number some time ago, to find out when they are planning on re-releasing Pirates 4 with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes(that I happen to know about) in a 2D BD pack. They told me that Pirates 4 will probably be released, with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes when Pirates 5 is about to be released to theaters in 2016. Hopefully they will also include the Tales of the Code: Wedlocked short film prequel of Pirates 1 with Pirates 4's Blu-ray re-release .
Old 12-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #1089
Expert Member

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I called Walt Disney Studios or a Disney Blu-ray phone number some time ago, to find out when they are planning on re-releasing Pirates 4 with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes(that I happen to know about) in a 2D BD pack. They told me that Pirates 4 will probably be released, with its 12 never before seen deleted scenes when Pirates 5 is about to be released to theaters in 2016. Hopefully they will also include the Tales of the Code: Wedlocked short film prequel of Pirates 1 with Pirates 4's Blu-ray re-release .
I hadn't even heard of that short film before now. I take it, the only way to get it is through the complete box set or eBay? Hopefully it appears on the fifth film's Blu-ray.

I hate not having short films that are connected to feature films. I double dipped on Monsters Inc just to have the Partysaurus Rex short. Totally worth it too!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #1090
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
I hadn't even heard of that short film before now. I take it, the only way to get it is through the complete box set or eBay? Hopefully it appears on the fifth film's Blu-ray.

I hate not having short films that are connected to feature films. I double dipped on Monsters Inc just to have the Partysaurus Rex short. Totally worth it too!
You can buy that short film prequel of Pirates 1 on BD, if you buy the 15 disc BD pack of the first four Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Yes, Hopefully it will be on Pirates 5's BD or on a possible re-release of Pirates 4 on BD, if its released again when Pirates 5 is soon to be released to theaters in 2016.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America