Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$4.99
3 hrs ago
Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
10 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
19 hrs ago
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$22.96

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #561

Oct 2010

Review from the Digital Bits of The Brings of Wonder special editions:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/s...s-of-wonder-bd

Also confirmation that A&E no longer has the rights to the series:

Quote:
The other bit of bad news is that Iíve just confirmed with sources that A&E (which is now distributed by Lionsgate) has lost the US distribution rights to Space: 1999. That likely means that some other company has either already picked up the US release rights, or they will soon. Rest assured, Iíll post an update in my daily column here at The Bits as soon as I know more.

[Editorís Note: Given that ITV Studios and Shout! Factory made a multi-film Blu-ray deal in late 2013, Shout! would seem the most likely place Ė not to mention a damn good place Ė for these titles to end up here in the States. Weíve already asked Shout!, of course, and will let you know what we hear ASAP.]
Old 12-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #562

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditcin View Post
Ditto - but they have the contact info; and I'm sure it will be announced on the site.

I hope this "special release" is only just that, and not some sort of gauge as to how Year 2 will be handled. With just 1999 of these disc being manufactured I know if I were an exec at Network I'd be worried that it hasn't sold out yet.
You must be joking.
Twilight Time in the US release classic movies that have a far larger following than a UK sci fi series yet it takes TT anything between 3 months and 3 years to sell just 3000 copies in the vast US market.

At any rate I would say the vast majority of people interested in buying Year 2 won't be interested in a sampler of content that will be redundant in less than a year.

The movie is hardly a must have feature.
I know plenty of people who will buy Year 2 when it comes out but have no interest in the sampler.

Also Bluray in general is not the big attraction that dvd was in its early days hence why so many "boutique" labels are springing up in order to ensure max price for max sales.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #563

Dec 2013
Midwest

Quote:
Has anyone in the US gotten the BRINGERS OF WONDER disc yet?
Mine arrived today.

Haven't had the chance to watch it, probably tomorrow or Friday.
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #564

Dec 2013
Midwest

If anyone is interested, the winning numbers from Network's contest to win the 2nd season Space:1999 are as follows:

102669, 102988, and 102617.

If you pre-ordered the Bringers of Wonder disc, you should have a email with a link to a video announcing the winning order numbers.
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #565
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy View Post
If anyone is interested, the winning numbers from Network's contest to win the 2nd season Space:1999 are as follows:

102669, 102988, and 102617.

If you pre-ordered the Bringers of Wonder disc, you should have a email with a link to a video announcing the winning order numbers.
Thanks for posting the winning numbers. Oh well, I didn't win.

I did receive the disc today though. I'm surprised at the packaging. I was expecting it to come in a standard blu-ray case. It's just a very slim cardboard case. I haven't opened it yet because technically it was supposed to be a Christmas gift for me, so I might have to wait until Christmas to open it.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #566

Jul 2009
Orlando, Florida U.S.

Received mine yesterday although I haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. It's a nice addition to my collection, although I wish they would have given us a standard case. Either way it looks nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSX_20141220_062523.jpg (97.5 KB, 10 views)
Old Today, 06:54 PM   #567

Dec 2014

Quote:
Has anyone in the US gotten the BRINGERS OF WONDER disc yet?
Yes, got mine and watched it yesterday. Picture looked spectacular to me!

Had a little trouble with the region - I have a modded Oppo player and I put in the disc to see if it was region free. It got into a chapter that said "you need to be Region B". When I did the trick to change regions and tried to play again it kept going back to that same chapter (how helpful!). Once I told it not to go to the previous breakpoint it worked fine. That was a little odd, though...

Oh - new member here, though longtime Space: 1999 fan. That was fun reading though about 20 pages of comments . And thanks for all the detailed backstory, ditcin - that was really useful and interesting!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
space 1999