COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Predator Bundle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Herzog: The Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #241

Mar 2013

I already own six of these: Kill Bill V.1, Kill Bill V.2, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds and Jackie Brown. I think the Quentin Tarantino aspect of my collection is complete.
TV: Panasonic TC-P50ST50
Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins 685
Receiver: Sony STR-DA80ES
Blu-ray player: Playstation 3
Power Center: Monster HDP 1800
Old 04-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanBlade86 View Post
I already own six of these: Kill Bill V.1, Kill Bill V.2, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds and Jackie Brown. I think the Quentin Tarantino aspect of my collection is complete.
Those are the six that are on sale.

I would love to get them for $35, as I think those best represent Tarantino as a filmmaker. But the whole idea of the Tarantino XX set is intriguing.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #243

Jun 2011
Los Angeles, CA

I'm getting this, but I need it to drop to $50-$60 range before going for this.
Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
Best of 2013 (so far): 12 Years a Slave
Best of 2012: Django Unchained
Best of 2011: Drive
Best of 2010: The Social Network and Inception
My Trade Thread

I have an official review site that I'd love for you to visit: Best Picture Movie Reviews
Old 05-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #244

Jun 2012
south korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpstevens View Post
same.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #245
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpstevens View Post
I'd only pay 40 dollars and only if it came with django unchained. It's only 8 movies now and two bonus discs in a nice packaging, hardly worth paying anymore.
Home Theater Setup: Blu-ray player and a TV.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #246

Mar 2010
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakingman View Post
and it opens from the bottom... is no one else pissed at this? If one forgets it opens at the bottom and pulls it from the shelf the weight of the discs inside are sure to fall out and crash and burn on the floor...
Haha - you are so right about this. The insert is heavy and it doesn't fit tightly inside the slip cover, so even if you are aware of this problem it's still difficult to pick it up without putting your hand underneath it to keep it from falling on the floor.

I'm not sure whether to store it upside down or make some kind of banding I can use to hold it together. This is pretty lame for such an expensive set IMO.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #247
Power Member

Jul 2010

They should have waited until Django Unchained came out if they wanted to call it a 20-year collection. As it stands it's a 17-year collection. At least the Bond 50 set had the empty slot to include the 50th anniversary movie.

I get why Natural Born Killers isn't included but this set should either omit True Romance or include From Dusk Till Dawn.
"My boys are 8, 10 and 12 and never saw the SE editons or the PT until I had ingrained in them the UOT over and over again and again. They do not like the PT nor the SE editions at all to this day." -LAdodgers
Old 05-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #248
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruAskew View Post
I get why Natural Born Killers isn't included but this set should either omit True Romance or include From Dusk Till Dawn.
I would've been more in favor of the latter, but I think Echo Bridge gripped it with iron fists.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #249
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamkeys View Post
Haha - you are so right about this. The insert is heavy and it doesn't fit tightly inside the slip cover, so even if you are aware of this problem it's still difficult to pick it up without putting your hand underneath it to keep it from falling on the floor.

I'm not sure whether to store it upside down or make some kind of banding I can use to hold it together. This is pretty lame for such an expensive set IMO.
I have found a solution for these types of problems. Just find a piece of cardboard with the right thickness and cut it and slide it inside so that it makes a tight fit. I do it with all my slipcovers. They fit perfectly! Neither too loose nor tight. And not only that, but the extra thickness also protects the cardboard so that it doesn't have develop those annoying worn rounded edges.
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 05-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #250

Feb 2013

Happy with this The packaging is bulky, and somewhat of a pain in the ass to get the movie you want, but I didnt have any of them on Bluray only them all on DVD so it was worth the purchase.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #251
Power Member

May 2011

The Django Unchained DVD sized digipak would really look nice next to this box set since it's also DVD sized.
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #252

Feb 2012
Wisconsin

Does this set fit nicely on a "normal blu-ray shelf?"
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #253
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

I just can't imagine there's anything so groundbreaking on the features to make me want to trade in all the solo bds in this set, for them.
If someone can convince me otherwise, please try. I just get the feeling if I watched those features it would be mostly if not all stuff I already know. Maybe told slightly different, but still familiar.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #254
Expert Member

Sep 2011
San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
The Django Unchained DVD sized digipak would really look nice next to this box set since it's also DVD sized.
that's how i've got mine...
Eat more pussycats.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #255

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilapimp View Post
Does this set fit nicely on a "normal blu-ray shelf?"
Nope, I have to keep mine on its side.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #256
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
That's why they probably designed it that way, so they can sell the other box set as well. I kinda want that django unchained DVD sized box now.
Home Theater Setup: Blu-ray player and a TV.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #257
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

I was finally able to get this in-store for less than half of what it costs. And I'm so glad I didn't buy any of his titles on Blu-ray when they were in the $4.99-$7.99 range. In fact, I can't believe that the only title of his that I owned before buying this was Django Unchained. I've intentionally left off trying to see his films on HD T.V. or Hulu Plus because I've been wanting to watch them in Blu-ray HD, in chronological order.

Although, I watched about 30 minutes of Death Proof on IFC HD, and loved what I saw. I had to stop myself from seeing any more.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #258
Special Member

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighRoller View Post
I was finally able to get this in-store for less than half of what it costs. And I'm so glad I didn't buy any of his titles on Blu-ray when they were in the $4.99-$7.99 range. In fact, I can't believe that the only title of his that I owned before buying this was Django Unchained. I've intentionally left off trying to see his films on HD T.V. or Hulu Plus because I've been wanting to watch them in Blu-ray HD, in chronological order.

Although, I watched about 30 minutes of Death Proof on IFC HD, and loved what I saw. I had to stop myself from seeing any more.
Sooooo this will be the first time you watch his movies?man are you in for a sweet treat
LOOKING FOR FRACTURE SLIPCOVER NAME PRICE AND IT WILL BE A DONE DEAL
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America