Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Twin Peaks: The Original Series, Fire Walk With Me & The Missing Pieces (Blu-ray)
$49.36
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Pioneers of African American Cinema (Blu-ray)
$63.29
Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.69
The BFG (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Pan's Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-25-2016, 11:10 AM   #1921

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsend View Post
Got around to watching Tenebre for the first time. Awesome film and an awesome job from Synapse. Glad I jumped on the blu based on recommendations here.
Yeah, it was a fantastic release. I think it was worth the price, more so than Demons steelbook. I loved the Demons release too, just didn't quite feel like I got $50 worth of extras. The doc on Tenebrae is excellent and the addition of the soundtrack made me very happy. Transfer was incredible, overall one of the best blurays in my collection.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:16 PM   #1922

Jan 2016

I'm on the fence about the Dorm That Dripped Blood, and seem to see mixed things in it's reviews/the thread. Anyone hear have a copy that could give some feedback? I'm not all that picky with picture quality (it just can't be... horrible). One of my all time favorite slashers is Final Exam, and I'm wondering if this film will be a perfect addition to my collection as it looks similar.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #1923
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc904 View Post
I'm on the fence about the Dorm That Dripped Blood, and seem to see mixed things in it's reviews/the thread. Anyone hear have a copy that could give some feedback? I'm not all that picky with picture quality (it just can't be... horrible). One of my all time favorite slashers is Final Exam, and I'm wondering if this film will be a perfect addition to my collection as it looks similar.
I love final exam as well but I honestly find the dorm that dripped blood to be kind of dull. I've tried watching a few times and it's never really clicked. I would definetly put it at the lower end of the slasher spectrum. That being said I love slashers and even the worst I enjoy on some level.

The PQ is not awful but I believe it's 16mm so it's not going to be refrence quality anyway. I don't think it looks as good as other 16mm films like evil dead.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #1924
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

...Sure would be nice to get some updated news on Phenomena or anything else going on at Synapse. I feel like we've been Synapse Starved this year despite some stellar releases. Basket Case 2 & 3 came out of nowhere with little fan fare despite being personal favorites. My own excitement for those releases is lower than it could be as well because of the fact that I already own the excellent UK steel book trilogy. Getting some news on anything going on at Synapse, Phenomena, Popcorn, or any other mystery titles that haven't already had a Blu Ray release would be great.
Wanted To Buy:
-Blood on Satan's Claw (UK) Blu Ray - $17 Shipped

Recommend a Modern, Independent Horror Film Thread
My 2016 Watched Movies Thread
My 2016 Purchases Thread
Old 06-25-2016, 04:30 PM   #1925
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Albany, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
...Sure would be nice to get some updated news on
Say MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH!
Blu-Ray Wish List: The Asphalt Jungle (1950), High Sierra (1941), Kill Baby... Kill! (1966), Dodsworth (1936), His Girl Friday (1940), Roman Holiday (1953), Fingers (1977), Twisted Nerve (1968), Knife In The Water (1962), The Naked Spur (1953), Blood Link (1982), The Great Silence (1968), A Bronx Tale (1993), Targets (1968), The Woman in the Window (1944), Waking The Dead (2000), Secret Agent (1936), If You Meet Saratana... Pray For Your Death (1968).
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (06-27-2016), Jobla (06-25-2016), JoelGoodsen (06-26-2016), Lucy Ashton (07-14-2016), TripleHBK (06-25-2016)
Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #1926

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiFiFi1955 View Post
Say MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH!
Popcorn as well. Synapse has been really quiet as of late.
Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945), Hide and Go Shriek (1988), Tag: The Assassination Game (1982), My Chaffeur (1986), Thunder in Paradise TV (1994), Murder Rock (1984), Mirage (1990), Cruel Jaws (1995), The Midnight Hour (1985), Blood Frenzy (1987), Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987), Cheerleader Camp (1988)
Thanks given by:
Jobla (07-14-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 AM   #1927
Expert Member

Oct 2013
The Forbidden Valley of NE Ohio

Picked up The Image.....my first Synapse release. Nice!
Old 07-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #1928

Apr 2016

Quote:
...Sure would be nice to get some updated news on Phenomena or anything else going on at Synapse. I feel like we've been Synapse Starved this year despite some stellar releases. Basket Case 2 & 3 came out of nowhere with little fan fare despite being personal favorites. My own excitement for those releases is lower than it could be as well because of the fact that I already own the excellent UK steel book trilogy. Getting some news on anything going on at Synapse, Phenomena, Popcorn, or any other mystery titles that haven't already had a Blu Ray release would be great.
I feel like a lot of Synapse releases come out of nowhere. They aren't aggressively promoting the Basket Case sequels (though I have them preordered and am very excited to get them), and it might be because they are bare-bones releases and not limited deluxe sets.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM   #1929
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
They will when theyre ready to do so, on their schedule and no one else's.
Why dont they post ? Because they are working on those releases and not wasting time in forums like we do

Im sure Christian Muth will be gladly to update us all when he can
Thanks given by:
davidthenikonuser (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #1930

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsend View Post
Popcorn as well. Synapse has been really quiet as of late.
Thats the one Im waiting on. All I can find is them mentioning it like a year or two ago and nothing since.

I dont see how they are business, it doesnt seem like they release hardly anything. Hell they still have the demons 1 and 2 steelbooks limited to 3000 copies featured on the front page of their website and my girlfriend got those for me for christmas what seemed like 2 years ago.

Every horror convention I go to and talk to jerry at their table he always has the same old stuff for sale.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #1931

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargus View Post
Thats the one Im waiting on. All I can find is them mentioning it like a year or two ago and nothing since.

I dont see how they are business, it doesnt seem like they release hardly anything. Hell they still have the demons 1 and 2 steelbooks limited to 3000 copies featured on the front page of their website and my girlfriend got those for me for christmas what seemed like 2 years ago.

Every horror convention I go to and talk to jerry at their table he always has the same old stuff for sale.
It's a tiny operation, so that sort of thing makes sense.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #1932
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
They will when theyre ready to do so, on their schedule and no one else's.
Why dont they post ? Because they are working on those releases and not wasting time in forums like we do

Im sure Christian Muth will be gladly to update us all when he can
While this may be true, it certainly felt like there were a lot more updates and communications with the fans in 2013/2014 then there have been during 2016. I get that only so much can be communicated and that the hostility surrounding Suspiria, Phenomena, and Tenebre is much higher than it was for Demon's/Demons II, but it would be nice to hear something every once in a while. I'm not talking full comprehensive write ups about restoration or the movies (though that would be wonderful) just simple screen shots like he posts on Instagram with maybe a quick sentence or two about where they are at with certain projects. No % complete notes, no deadlines or release dates, just...

"Well we just finished our second pass of XXXX and the film is really coming together nicely. We hope to do another pass to clean up XYZ problems before moving on to the next stage in development. Here are some screen grabs of the project."

I'm not looking for promises or insider information. Just something to talk about and get excited for.
Wanted To Buy:

My 2016 Purchases Thread
Old 07-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #1933
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

Quote:
While this may be true, it certainly felt like there were a lot more updates and communications with the fans in 2013/2014 then there have been during 2016. I get that only so much can be communicated and that the hostility surrounding Suspiria, Phenomena, and Tenebre is much higher than it was for Demon's/Demons II, but it would be nice to hear something every once in a while. I'm not talking full comprehensive write ups about restoration or the movies (though that would be wonderful) just simple screen shots like he posts on Instagram with maybe a quick sentence or two about where they are at with certain projects. No % complete notes, no deadlines or release dates, just...

"Well we just finished our second pass of XXXX and the film is really coming together nicely. We hope to do another pass to clean up XYZ problems before moving on to the next stage in development. Here are some screen grabs of the project."

I'm not looking for promises or insider information. Just something to talk about and get excited for.
Obviously there isnt any yet To be honest (respectfully) some folks feel like they are entitled to know what's going on and demand updates and that just isnt going to happen. I think just being excited and looking forward to release should suffice. We are fans after all !
Old 07-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #1934
Power Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

I think the lack of communication with fans (or at least the lower frequency of it) may be due to Don May Jr. pulling the plug of his FB account. He used to write there all the time, and I believe both him and Jerry handled the company FB page. I think May soured a bit on the whole FB thing, and they hired somebody else to do it instead.

I miss the updates from Don and the interaction with him. He also used to post on a old DVD forum I also belonged to, and he was a fountain of knowledge about genre movies and always had interesting stories to tell.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, L'orribile secret del Dr. Hichcock (ITA cut), Kill Baby Kill, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Man Bites Dog, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, Carnival of Souls, Cat People (1942), I walked with a Zombie, The Thing From Another World, L'arcano incantatore, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, Andy Warhol's Dracula, The Revenge of Frankenstein, Lust for a Vampire.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #1935

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
I think May soured a bit on the whole FB thing
Can you blame the guy? Fandoms's full of whiny ****heads. If I ran a company, you can be sure I wouldn't get near a messageboard or FB, haha.
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (07-28-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #1936
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post
Obviously there isnt any yet To be honest (respectfully) some folks feel like they are entitled to know what's going on and demand updates and that just isnt going to happen. I think just being excited and looking forward to release should suffice. We are fans after all !
I don't think it's entitled to wonder what's going on with a release when months go by without a word.
Thanks given by:
Jobla (07-27-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #1937
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
I don't think it's entitled to wonder what's going on with a release when months go by without a word.
Or years.

I'm not asking for updates on releases that are announced and then released a year or less later. More so a reason to stay excited for releases that were announced years ago and are still being worked on. Considering how we keep hearing about the extensive restoration efforts ongoing with some of these films, it would be nice to know what those efforts are quarterly at least... and as I alluded to earlier, I'm not talking about full detailed write ups. Just simple... "Working on cleaning up audio today!" "Here's some screen shots of the work in progress!" "Audio elements were in poor shape so we've had to search for alternate sources, will update when we've found them" All simple requests that take 5-10 minutes every few months.

Edit: and if this is too much to ask, so be it... but then give us another topic to discuss. We're all on this thread because of our love/like for Synapse and are eager to talk about pretty much anything. If the Code Red thread can be as active as it is, surely Synapse can find something worthy of sharing and discussing.
Wanted To Buy:

My 2016 Purchases Thread

Last edited by TripleHBK; 07-27-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors