Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Drive Angry 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.88
4 hrs ago
Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

Jurassic Park Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.92

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.10

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Walk 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.97

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #181
Expert Member

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzScreamindemon View Post
I agree..I went into this thinking that the 3D would be amazing seeing as the Marvel universe has improved its 3D quality as time progressed
Keep in mind, the Marvel/Disney studios (the ones who made Avengers and all the tie-in movies like Iron Man and Thor) don't own the movie rights to Spiderman, who is owned by Sony (and X-Men and the Fantastic Four are owned by Fox).
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #182
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon View Post
I saw this last night, I must say I'm really dissapointed in the 3D. I'm no expert when it comes to 3D and it's terminology but boy was it flat. My wife and I kept saying we're better off watching this in 2D. Thank god I liked the story because I would've switched it to 2D.
It’s worse than that…given the pedigree involved, it makes a mockery of this teaching facility…
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/video/relat...nter_training/
To Whom It May Concern - The offers/inquires are appreciated; however, I no longer work only for perks from studio-based home entertainment companies.

Click on this to Learn how to HELP by simply texting
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=11973
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #183

Nov 2012

I were planning on putting this on my Christmas wish list but its really pulling me as its coming out here tomorrow. I were a HUGE fan of The Amazing Spider-Man and I loved seeing him swinging in 3D by the end.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #184
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
As long as the action is in 3d, do we really need to see people talking pop out the screen???
Yes, absolutely (in a story-appropriate, realistic, non-gimmicky manner). Dialogue scenes especially need strong 3D so viewers can connect with the characters better emotionally. Watch Hugo if you haven't had the chance. Spider-man has it all backwards. If you went over to your love interest's house for dinner, would you keep one eye closed to better focus on the conversation and not be distracted by her natural human dimensions? There is no good reason within the story for those scenes to look so abnormally flat.

Very fun movie and great action 3D experience, but there's lots of wasted potential here due to the producers' strange preference for flat non-action 3D. The majority of premium-paying, glasses-wearing 3D audiences want objects with appropriate 3D dimensionality in 100% of scenes and do not enjoy 3D that dips below "noticeable."

I loved the overall experience in IMAX and will buy the $28 SteelBook on 11/9, but it's still disappointing that Spider-man is not the 3D masterpiece that it easily could and should have been.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 11-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #185
Special Member

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

^

That.

Only difference is that I won't be buying this one. Was severely underwhelmed by the 3-D, and won't pay for it again beyond the rather expensive IMAX 3-D ticket I already purchased. Bait had a heck of a lot better 3-D than this, which makes me sad.

Last edited by TM2-Megatron; 11-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #186

Aug 2012
In the woods!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Yes, absolutely (in a story-appropriate, realistic, non-gimmicky manner). Dialogue scenes especially need strong 3D so viewers can connect with the characters better emotionally. Watch Hugo if you haven't had the chance. Spider-man has it all backwards. If you went over to your love interest's house for dinner, would you keep one eye closed to better focus on the conversation and not be distracted by her natural human dimensions? There is no good reason within the story for those scenes to look so abnormally flat.

Very fun movie and great action 3D experience, but there's lots of wasted potential here due to the producers' strange preference for flat non-action 3D. The majority of premium-paying, glasses-wearing 3D audiences want objects with appropriate 3D dimensionality in 100% of scenes and do not enjoy 3D that dips below "noticeable."

I loved the overall experience in IMAX and will buy the $28 SteelBook on 11/9, but it's still disappointing that Spider-man is not the 3D masterpiece that it easily could and should have been.
I couldnt agree with you more....great analogy!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #187
Power Member

May 2010

Thanks Bravia. I appreciate hearing your take on it, and I enjoy reading your reviews. Just a few more days to go.

True, it could have been posted in the other thread. But oh well, he he.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #188
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

I appreciate your take on this flick as well Bravia. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #189
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:

You get it.

Minor correction or clarification though, unless of course you were using the term ‘producers’ generically.

The 3D shooting template for this motion picture was developed by the Director, the Director of Photography and the 3D supervisor. Whether this team represented an equal collaboration/democratization or a dictatorship, I would doubt that the involved participants are honestly owning up to the importance of their specific input, especially after theatrical reviews like this appeared on the web…
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/3D-Or...ket-31690.html ---possible, but doubtful.

The first and second unit stereographers simply made it happen, i.e. *turned the knobs* to implement the 3D vision, as previously mandated/prescribed.
To Whom It May Concern - The offers/inquires are appreciated; however, I no longer work only for perks from studio-based home entertainment companies.

Click on this to Learn how to HELP by simply texting
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=11973
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #190

Nov 2012

Just got this on 3D Blu-ray, I have been waiting on it since I watched it in the cinema.

I'm gonna watch it on my HMZ-T1 tonight if I'm not tired.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #191
Expert Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada eh!

I went a head and cancelled my pre order. I've been hearing that the 3D is flat, and not imaginative. Then I've heard that the 3D is amazing during action scenes.

I'll just wait till it's a bit cheaper.
JVC DLA-RS55 4K Shift Projector, 100" EluneVision Reference Studio 4K Tab-Tensioned Screen
*New unfinished basement is currently under construction* The new build thread!
64" Samsung PN64D8000 3D Plasma, Samsung BD-D5500 3D Bluray player
Main Floor: Samsung UN55D7000 LED 3DTV, Samsung BD-D5500
Beadroom: Panasonic TC-P50ST30 3D Plasma, Panasonic DMP-BDT110 3D Bluray player
Final Fantasy Black Cloud 160GB J-PS3, Xbox 360 Elite
Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #192
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
Minor correction or clarification though, unless of course you were using the term ‘producers’ generically.

The 3D shooting template for this motion picture was developed by the Director, the Director of Photography and the 3D supervisor. Whether this team represented an equal collaboration/democratization or a dictatorship, I would doubt that the involved participants are honestly owning up to the importance of their specific input, especially after theatrical reviews like this appeared on the web…
Thanks for the correction!

I read some of the stereographer's comments elsewhere, and he respectfully mentioned something generic about parallax settings being pre-determined and later approved by "production," and that the people footing the $200,000 budget get to decide what the 3D looks like.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 11-07-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #193

Nov 2010
UK

My limited edition from Amazon Italy has been dispatched! Not bad for £30..literally getting a statue etc..for a tenner more then the standalone film in UK!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #194

Nov 2012

I just watched this in 3D on my HMZ-T1 and while the 3D is lacking compared to other movies, the film itself were more enjoyable the second time around. I love it.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #195
Power Member

Dec 2006
Middle East,Lebanon

I bought the 3D version last week it is 2 disc edition one disc for viewing it in 3D and 2D whereas the 2nd disc is for special features.So my question the US version does include one disc for 3D viewing and another disc for 2D version or it is the same as mine.

Thanks for the answer
LG 55UB950 UHD LED TV
Sony Bravia X-series 40"
PS3 60 GB.Region A
Panasonic DMP-BD35 region B and ABC and Sony BDP-S790 Video and Audio through HDMI.
YAMAHA Receiver and JBL+ BOSE and Acoustic subwoofer 7.1
Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #196
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
I kind of agree with that notion, but it is nice when the 3d is strong in dialogue scenes imo . Feels more immersive
Quote:
Spider-man has it all backwards. If you went over to your love interest's house for dinner, would you keep one eye closed to better focus on the conversation and not be distracted by her natural human dimensions? There is no good reason within the story for those scenes to look so abnormally flat.
Agreed.

That is the mindset of most 3D scripts, where they give us mostly weak 3D (one eye closed) and then amp up the 3D (both eyes open) during action moments, even though most people pay to see great 3D in the whole movie. I personally think 3D scripts and 3D storytelling are for the birds to put it nicely.

One reason I think "3D storytelling" exists, is because 3D is new to those who use this "3D storytelling", just like back in the day when color was introduced when most people were used to black and white.

The Wizard of Oz is a good example of "Hue/color storytelling", where they can use the saturation of the color, either very faded to nearly black and white/sepia as in the beginning in Kansas, then amp it up for when she enters Oz.
I'd guess that's what they think they're doing with 3D storytelling, as Tron Legacy is an example of, where the real world is 2D, and the Grid is 3D, but I don't think 3D contributes much emotion to the scene, whether flatter or more dimensional the way color can (take black and white fake blood versus bright red for example). Instead, it's like having the sound in mono for the scenes in Kansas, and then going to 7.1 surround sound when Dorothy or Sam enters the new world. I rather have it 7.1 for the whole movie.

That leaves the question, is 2D versus 3D almost the same as Silent pictures versus movies with sound? Black and white versus Color? Mono audio versus surround sound? Smellovision versus odor free movies?

Regardless of the emotion of the scene, try to give us strong 3D in every shot, filmmakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
I went a head and cancelled my pre order. I've been hearing that the 3D is flat, and not imaginative. Then I've heard that the 3D is amazing during action scenes.

I'll just wait till it's a bit cheaper.
I feel the same way about the 3D. I thought the movie was good, but the 3D, although great at times, could have been better throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaya View Post
I just watched this in 3D on my HMZ-T1 and while the 3D is lacking compared to other movies, the film itself was more enjoyable the second time around. I love it.
That's good to hear. Glad you liked it.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #197
Power Member

May 2010

Just finished watching it. Almost forgot how good this movie is. Just love it. And as far as the 3D goes, I think it's getting a bad rap. It definitely looks good, nice and smooth. Even in non action scenes it's not as bad/flat as people are making it out to be. And when it gets going it's down right awesome. Spider-Man 3D beats any converted movie I've seen by miles.

Very thankful for this movie. Really looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 11-09-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #198
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Just finished watching it. Almost forgot how good this movie is. Just love it. And as far as the 3D goes, I think it's getting a bad rap. It definitely looks good, nice and smooth. Even in non action scenes it's not as bad/flat as people are making it out to be. And when it gets going it's down right awesome. Spider-Man 3D beats any converted movie I've seen by miles.

Very thankful for this movie. Really looking forward to the next one.
That's good to hear. It has cool action and during those moments, strong 3D.
At home, even Clash of the Titans looks better than it did at theaters. In that and Amazing Spider Man 3D, when a shot had weak 3D, it was practically 2D even wearing glasses, with almost zero double image separation when flipping up the glasses to check the 3D signal. I bet it'll look better at home on a sharper screen with better colors and HD. Sometimes the theater washes out the 3D if the screen is too big, from my experience, unless that's just the settings of the projector.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #199
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Cool, hope I've not steered you wrong and you're not disappointed. Let me know how it turns out.
Okay, things didn't go as planned.

I couldn't wait to watch the movie, so instead of me and the wife watching it on our special movie night, I watched it with the family, which means; not enough glasses, hence 2D.

The movie was great, however! I really enjoyed it! I'll hold onto the disk for another week or so, give it a couple more watches, and a 3D viewing.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #200
Power Member

Oct 2008

I bought this Version, should be here around Tuesday hopefully.

http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=94285
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
amazing, spider-man, spiderman