Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Fastball $12.56 (6 hours left)
Soon: The Taking of Pelham One Two T… ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Planet of the Apes Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$27.99
John Wick 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.00
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Deadpool 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 08-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #81
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

0% on RT.

Fox is not good with reboots.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:38 PM   #82
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
NYC

No movie is 0% bad
Old 08-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #83

Mar 2013
cincinnati
Send a message via AIM to r_webb18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
No movie is 0% bad
sure there is
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #84
Special Member

Jan 2014
Lipari, Aeolian Islands, Italy
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainreck View Post
I know nothing about the games but I have the first movie and I don't find it to be terrible. This trailer looks like a decent enough shoot em up to me. I won't be seeing this in theaters but I'll grab it some day on bd down the line.
The games (bar the last game of the series, Absolution) are very methodical, you are given a target, you are plopped in a sandbox-like map and the less fuss you make while getting to the target the better (later games allow even to simulate "accidents"), the "iconic" silverballers are used only in cutscenes because even when silenced they make enough noise to get you swarmed with guards that WILL kill you, they are used in-game only in the optional ending of Blood Money.
Essentially speaking if during the game you get all that over-the-top action you see in the movie(s) it means you have royally screwed up your contract and should restart or load a save, Mr 47 is supposed to be a ghost, not some action hero.
In fact the way to achieve the best rank in a mission ("Silent Assassin") is essentially killing *only* your target without being noticed and possibly make it look like an accident.

Last edited by Det. Bullock; 08-19-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Thanks given by:
morningtoke (08-19-2015)
Old 08-19-2015, 10:12 PM   #85
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainreck View Post
I know nothing about the games but I have the first movie and I don't find it to be terrible. This trailer looks like a decent enough shoot em up to me. I won't be seeing this in theaters but I'll grab it some day on bd down the line.
I own it too and enjoy it. Never played the game a day in my life.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #86
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_webb18 View Post
sure there is

Craptastic 4 is one choice.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #87
Special Member

Apr 2015

My girl actually wants to see this on Friday... I wanna watch either The Gift
Old 08-19-2015, 10:46 PM   #88
Blu-ray Archduke

Sep 2010

Can a mod merge these? If it even matters...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=104327&page=5
Old 08-19-2015, 11:08 PM   #89
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2009
Denver, CO

Up to 6%. Might not be the worst reviewed movie of the week.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:21 PM   #90

Nov 2009
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Up to 6%. Might not be the worst reviewed movie of the week.
This could be the Bluray cover quotation! I actually preferred the Olyphant version and even that was terrible.
Military General: "Mr Bay, those aren't ideas, those are special effects!"

Michael Bay: "I don't understand the difference."
Old 08-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #91
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2011
The Citadel

I still really want to see this, OTT CG, lots of action, i'm in.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (08-23-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 04:22 PM   #92
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
UK

Well I thought this looked quite good but yet again

Old 08-21-2015, 03:21 AM   #93
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009

I enjoyed it. It was definitely better than I was hoping for. Will definitely add to my collection.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (08-23-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #94
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012

This movie looked like a turd nugget months ago. No surprise it is, written by Skip Woods who gave us gems like A Good Day to Die Hard, X-Men Origins & the first Hitman.
Every Blu-ray should have a Play-All option for special features and every player should have 1.5x playback.
Every Blu-ray should come in a Viva Elite case with thick stock artwork and a slipcover. Each disc should have its own hub.
Dark HDR titles exist: Compare Star Trek Beyond 4K to the BD or any other Trek UHD. 10-15% are dark.

==>> Dreamliner330’s Blu-ray and 2D, 3D, 4K UHD slipcover sale extravaganza! Accepting offers!!
Old 08-21-2015, 08:47 AM   #95
Blu-ray Archduke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

and I never thought I'd think the original Hitman movie was a better film. wow, just wow.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #96
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
NYC

Good enough scenes showing off the superior agent powers although there was still a little too much cgi and shaky cam.

It was ok outside of the things the foxes probably put in for a sequel that will never happen. Heck, it is probably one of the better video game adaptations although that's not saying much. 2 failed reboots in the same month for Fox

3/5

Recommendation: matinee

Love Angelababy, there wasn't enough of her. Can't wait to see her in ID sequel.

Last edited by Tony208; 08-21-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
levcore (08-21-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 01:27 AM   #97
Power Member

Dec 2009
Maryland
Arrow

Hitman: Agent 47, the second—and, chances are, once again failed—attempt to turn the 15-year-old video-game franchise into an ongoing film series, is frustrating because it does a great deal right in regard to casting and design even as it runs afoul of a predictable problem: crudely uninspired, formulaic writing. The story turns on a European woman (Hannah Ware) trying to decipher her fragmented memory when she encounters the title agent (Rupert Friend), a bullet-headed, highly secretive international assassin engineered to operate with neither remorse nor sentiment. She forms a reluctant alliance with him to continue her perilous search for the truth of her past and evade a dangerous pursuer (Zachary Quinto) with high-tech, Terminator-style titanium body armor implanted beneath his flesh.

Not to damn with faint praise, but this is not a poorly executed action film. It is flashily photographed on location in Germany and Singapore, and the chases and fights (the raison d'être) are exciting, over-the-top, violent, and choreographed with a strong sense of both fluidity and propulsion, if at times a tad too reliant on computer-generated imagery. As for the cast, British actor Friend proves an ideal and magnetic Agent 47, playing the iconic character in a perfectly detached, elegant, internalized way with a just-right, never-overt shade of charisma. And raven-haired Hannah Ware (reminiscent of Olga Kurylenko, the female star of the first Hitman adaptation) is a fetching and resourceful presence. Her character has a firm motivation and a relatively well-defined arc, and she is never forced to become a love interest or an object to be rescued, which is refreshing.

Unfortunately, the screenplay otherwise is mediocre verging on very poor. A dubious name is credited as co-writer: Skip Woods, whose pen previously resulted in woeful franchise nadirs X-Men Origins: Wolverine and A Good Day to Die Hard. The plot is as threadbare as the images are hypnotic and the players enticing, with one antagonist spending almost the entire film seated at the same table, only standing up to deliver an irony-free, risible variation on the oldest of chestnuts: "We are not so different, you and I." Another central character is lazily given a type of clairvoyance, employed when the film writes itself into a corner or needs a go-to way to hopscotch over suspense building to the next set piece, and the enterprise builds to not one, but two wide-open, television-cliffhanger-style endings teasing an improbable hypothetical sequel.

C+
top five films of 2016

1. The Witch
2. 20th Century Women
3. Silence
4. Anthropoid
5. Jackie
Thanks given by:
enro (08-23-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 AM   #98
Blu-ray Guru

May 2010
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
and I never thought I'd think the original Hitman movie was a better film. wow, just wow.
Lol.... I thought the same thing, I tried liking it but after a certain scene it was decided that the movie was dumb.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:59 AM   #99
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Agent 47, I went in knowing it had 9% or less on rottentomatoes, and realizing it wasn't going to be like the game. The stealth was minimal in the film, but as a pure action movie, Hit Man Agent 47 is entertaining in a good way, with lots of high energy action throughout. The story was easy to follow and interesting, especially between the female lead and Agent 47.

Many, but not all Hitman game fans will be too focused on how different the game is from the movie, and miss the things this movie does right. Action for one thing, was nicely done despite the fast cuts.

Had this had no connection to Hitman and was just a movie about an assassin created for killing, this movie may have likely fared much better, and probably would have been compared to John Wick's action to some degree, though I'm a big fan of the movie John Wick.

John Wick: 9/10 A sequel (or prequel) on the way thankfully.
Agent 47: 7/10 Don't think of it as a Hitman property and it's entertaining.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:01 AM   #100
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2010
Illinois

1) Maybe time to edit that thread title?

2) Just like Olyphant in the original, he looks ridiculous bald. There was no reason they had to carry that over from the game.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies