Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (Blu-ray)
$2.78
11 hrs ago
Return of the Living Dead Part II (Blu-ray)
$25.70

Home from the Hill (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Blockers (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Tag (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Masters of Sex: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.99

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Truth or Dare (Blu-ray)
$11.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #41

Sep 2012

Bordello of Blood is the one I want.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009
Exclamation Now available on VUDU for $7.99 in 5.1!

FYI for those looking for this, do not pay the high eBay prices.

Lionsgate has obtained the rights to Ritual. They might re-release it on BD, but even if they don't it is available on VUDU right now for $7.99 to own in 1.78:1 1080p/DD5.1.

Based on the screencaps, it doesn't look much different and the Echo Bridge Blu-ray was only 2.0... So technically the VUDU may actually be better in some ways!

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...e-Crypt-Ritual

Last edited by Ruined; 07-19-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

I will stick with my DVD until the re-release it. I will not fall into the whole digital dream. You can't own anything digitally. What if they decide that they no longer want the movie available, they can just easily delete said film from ALL accounts that own it and poof it's gone. Look at the situation with Swamp Thing on DVD. They released the uncut version for a short while and then had to pull it and have the PG cut be the only version available. If it was a digital thing then they could simply pull the title from everyone and replace it with the censored version, where as when I own the physical copy they can't easily come to every person's house who bought said uncut copy and force them to replace it, something that this digital revolution is able to do
Old 07-19-2015, 12:15 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubunkey View Post
I will stick with my DVD until the re-release it. I will not fall into the whole digital dream. You can't own anything digitally. What if they decide that they no longer want the movie available, they can just easily delete said film from ALL accounts that own it and poof it's gone. Look at the situation with Swamp Thing on DVD. They released the uncut version for a short while and then had to pull it and have the PG cut be the only version available. If it was a digital thing then they could simply pull the title from everyone and replace it with the censored version, where as when I own the physical copy they can't easily come to every person's house who bought said uncut copy and force them to replace it, something that this digital revolution is able to do
This is one argument to make, another argument is that in most cases this does not happen and if it does a refund will usually be offered.

It is also worth considering that physical media is not bulletproof either, and Lionsgate has a bad track record. Over 20 different Lionsgate Blu-ray titles have become susceptible to disc rot, resulting in them becoming completely unplayable or having A/V glitching. Also, Lionsgate has no replacement program for rotted Blu-ray discs (unlike Criterion and Well-go discs with the same problem, for instance).

While the problem appears to be corrected, the point is there were more cases of Lionsgate Blu-ray rot than people losing Lionsgate purchased digital movies:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1279

Last edited by Ruined; 07-19-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Wow I had no idea this film even existed, LOL.
If you have to whip out a microscope to decide if you like a Blu-ray or not, you are missing the point.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 PM   #46

Sep 2010
Woodstock, CT / Chatham, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

Lionsgate has obtained the rights to Ritual. They might re-release it on BD, but even if they don't it is available on VUDU right now for $7.99 to own in 1.78:1 1080p/DD5.1.

Based on the screencaps, it doesn't look much different and the Echo Bridge Blu-ray was only 2.0... So technically the VUDU may actually be better in some ways!

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!overvie...e-Crypt-Ritual
I rented the version on Vudu, and it doesn't have the Cryptkeeper segments; it's the international cut. The only connection to Tales from the Crypt in it is that it says "Tales from the Crypt Holdings Presents" in the opening credits.
Blu-ray Wishlist: Silent Night, Bloody Night; Prom Night 2-4; Let's Scare Jessica to Death; Alice, Sweet Alice; Fright Night, Part II; Where the Truth Lies; Ginger Snaps II & III; Perfect Blue; The Swan Princess; Mother of Tears; The Nightmare Before Christmas 4K; Suspiria 4K; Halloween (1978) 4K; Jaws 1 & 2 4K; Alien Anthology 4K
Old 11-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #47

Oct 2015
Silver Spring, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post

I sure do hope so. I'm dying to see this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieCassin View Post
Wow I had no idea this film even existed, LOL.
I just found out about this yesterday while adding Demon Knight and Bordello... to my blu ray collection.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America