Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 02-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #1

Nov 2012
Wilmington,NC aka Hollywood East
Default Fate/Stay Night: Collection 1

I just want to vent some steam over the pricing of this release. 48.99 from a MSR of 69.99 of what is a Geneon catalog title, and to top it off it is only half the series. So basically 100 bucks for an old series. I have read some comments about the DVD boxset being a 100 bucks, well I sold my Black Lagoon set for 138 bucks last year, and it was released for 40 bucks(it's at 26.49 atm at amazon incredible deal) for the whole set.

I can somewhat understand splitting a new series up if you arent gonna do singles anymore(That is a rant for another day), but catalog titles, no way Sentai can justify this.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi7 View Post
I just want to vent some steam over the pricing of this release. 48.99 from a MSR of 69.99 of what is a Geneon catalog title, and to top it off it is only half the series. So basically 100 bucks for an old series. I have read some comments about the DVD boxset being a 100 bucks, well I sold my Black Lagoon set for 138 bucks last year, and it was released for 40 bucks(it's at 26.49 atm at amazon incredible deal) for the whole set.

I can somewhat understand splitting a new series up if you arent gonna do singles anymore(That is a rant for another day), but catalog titles, no way Sentai can justify this.
Why didn't you post this in the anime thread? Sentai always releases products at this price unless they are movies. If it bothers you so much don't buy it or wait for a sale.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
Marty: Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics.

The Cabin in the Woods (2011)

Last edited by madlost1; 02-02-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

yeah, Sentai releases are priced pretty insanely, it's why I pretty much stick with Funi and other titles I can find used
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Just wanted to add you can get the whole series off of rightstuf.com for $86 shipped. And another thing trying to compare out of print DVD prices to a blu release in the anime world is just stupid.

Marty: Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Oh and according to the pricing in your original post you can still get the blus cheaper then the DVD set.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #6

Jul 2009
Perth, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
yeah, Sentai releases are priced pretty insanely, it's why I pretty much stick with Funi and other titles I can find used
The MSRP for Collection 1 of Fate/Stay Night is only $5 more than the standard price for Funimation releases. If you buy it while it's on sale from TRSI it's only a difference of about $2-3. I don't really see how that's 'insane'.
Reviewers exist to judge the content, not judge the viewer.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #7
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
The MSRP for Collection 1 of Fate/Stay Night is only $5 more than the standard price for Funimation releases. If you buy it while it's on sale from TRSI it's only a difference of about $2-3. I don't really see how that's 'insane'.
but funi titles drop and drop FAST... I routinely pick up their full 26 ep seasons for $20-$25... not so much with Sentai
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
but funi titles drop and drop FAST... I routinely pick up their full 26 ep seasons for $20-$25... not so much with Sentai
Exactly bigger company with wider appeal means more sales. Very rarely are there any good sales on Sentai titles.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #9

Nov 2012
Wilmington,NC aka Hollywood East

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandlazy View Post
It's insane that a catalog title was split(not like they waiting on last 13 episodes to dub) into 2 $45-70 sets. It's an older title that has already been dubbed, and comes with zero extras. I compared it to Black Lagoon because they are both the same amount of episodes, and both were Geneon titles, that had a high demand on the secondary market. The whole point of my rant is this set should have never been split. I can understand newer releases somewhat, that even 2 boxes of 40-45 is cheaper than 6 20 dollar singles.

BTW I may be wrong, but inst Sentai basically ADV with a new name?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:05 AM   #10

Nov 2011

Be glad you don't have to pay what the Japanese do for anime
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Anime