Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
3 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99
3 hrs ago
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22
14 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00
 
Darkest Hour (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33
 
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Den of Thieves (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.13
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers


View Poll Results: What Speakers do you own?
Paradigm 150 54.55%
Paradigm Reference 99 36.00%
Combination of both Paradigm/Paradigm Reference 26 9.45%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #3681
prerich prerich is offline
Moderator
 
prerich's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
46
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
i would think the 490 would be a better match with the 60 because of the 5.5 woofer size.. as the 60..
anybody out here running 3 studio 60s as there fronts? how do you think
that would sound with a 60 as a center channel..?

thanks
If you can do that....that would be the best match possible.
Read this thread http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=89614
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght and sides, Infinity fps-1000 rear and rear hght, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , 16:9 110", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:49 AM   #3682
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
If you can do that....that would be the best match possible.
Read this thread http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=89614
great link thanks..

anyone one out there using 3 60s or 3 100s up front?

cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #3683
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
i saw your post also thinking of getting the xpa 3 on sales at emotiva
was wondering how your amps are working for you? would the xpa 3
be enough for 100s? later could add xpa 2 or 2 xpa 100s mono blocks
im using a denon 3313 ci...
thanks
I've never owned the 100s. I couldn't tell you if the XPA-3 is enough or not. From other users on this board it seems they want more more more. The more you feed them the better they sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
anybody out here running 3 studio 60s as there fronts? how do you think that would sound with a 60 as a center channel..?
thanks
I'm using Studio 60s for my L/R and a studio 40 for my center channel. One of the best upgrades I've ever made. I had the 590 before changing out to the 40. I was floored by the difference. I really did not like the 590. They have that tiny midrange driver. Other people swear by it. If you can run 3 identical across the front I'd go that route. Is this for HT only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
great link thanks..

anyone one out there using 3 60s or 3 100s up front?
Any reason why you wouldn't want 3 20's across the front instead? You adding multiple subs to that setup?

http://www.hometheater.com/content/p...speaker-system
http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...v5-loudspeaker
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204

Last edited by GAWD; 02-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #3684
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
I've never owned the 100s. I couldn't tell you if the XPA-3 is enough or not. From other users on this board it seems they want more more more. The more you feed them the better they sound.


I'm using Studio 60s for my L/R and a studio 40 for my center channel. One of the best upgrades I've ever made. I had the 590 before changing out to the 40. I was floored by the difference. I really did not like the 590. They have that tiny midrange driver. Other people swear by it. If you can run 3 identical across the front I'd go that route. Is this for HT only?

nice to hear u like 60 / 40 / 60 with what amp? xpa 5 you got me thinking
3 60s on an xpa 3.. and a panny vt 50 65 42 inches off the floor..

ht and music 33 / 66



Any reason why you wouldn't want 3 20's across the front instead? You adding multiple subs to that setup?

sure 2 subs.. not really into the small speakers..

http://www.hometheater.com/content/p...speaker-system
http://www.stereophile.com/content/p...v5-loudspeaker
will check out the links

thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #3685
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Usually i run my 60s with an XPA 2 and my 40 off an XPA 3.
I dont really need all that power but whatever. Ive had my xpa2 sitting idle for months now.

3 60s across the front would be nice. Mmmmmm VT SERIES Panny. That must look so sweet! I just got the UT SERIES.
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #3686
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
Usually i run my 60s with an XPA 2 and my 40 off an XPA 3.
I dont really need all that power but whatever. Ive had my xpa2 sitting idle for months now.

3 60s across the front would be nice. Mmmmmm VT SERIES Panny. That must look so sweet! I just got the UT SERIES.
have not bought the vt panny yet but its on my list or going
projection with 110 inch.. im just building my theater room..
how do you like your panny?

xpa 2 300 watts is a bit much for 60s more like for 100.. you get
any hum at all from your xpa?

yeah 60 across the front cheaper than a 690 i guess..

cheers..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #3687
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
have not bought the vt panny yet but its on my list or going projection with 110 inch.. im just building my theater room..
how do you like your panny?

xpa 2 300 watts is a bit much for 60s more like for 100.. you get
any hum at all from your xpa?

yeah 60 across the front cheaper than a 690 i guess..

cheers..
I'm pretty impressed with the Panny. The blacks and pop to the picture is unreal. I can only imagine how much better the VT would be.

That's a tough call. 65" Plasma or 110" Projection. I'd personally pick the plasma or the projector. But depends one which projector you're getting I guess.

Yeah the XPA is a little over kill. It is DEAD SILENT. I had an LPA that would hum and drive me completely insane. The XPAs are in a different class.
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #3688
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
I'm pretty impressed with the Panny. The blacks and pop to the picture is unreal. I can only imagine how much better the VT would be.

That's a tough call. 65" Plasma or 110" Projection. I'd personally pick the plasma or the projector. But depends one which projector you're getting I guess.

Yeah the XPA is a little over kill. It is DEAD SILENT. I had an LPA that would hum and drive me completely insane. The XPAs are in a different class.
well im leaning on the plasma size for convinence.. bit more work with
the projector and i cant have the 60 as a center channel then..

not up on LPA is that an old emotiva amp? good to know your xpa 2
is dead silent.. think i will test my luck with the xpa 3 to start to run
off my denon 3313 ci.. should help out alot....

i will build some electric into my room for future projection tho..
know anything about the new panny8000 projector 500,000 to 1
sounds good.. i dont care that much for 3 d but movies and sports..
hockey baseball football ufc ...

thanks..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #3689
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

I posted this reply on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
Two different worlds.

The projector is a MOVIE experience. Huge screen, looks like a film more "involving". Seems to keep me more in the movie for whatever reason.
But costs are higher due to the bulb and knowing you will have to eventually change it. But nothing beats that experience.

The TV...pristine image. 3D. Outstanding detail and much less expensive. Smaller...always feels like "watching a movie on a TV"

I think you need a projector to get the real Home Theater experience.
That being said I'd be quite happy with a 60" tv. Smaller room needed too.

If I would have to pick the best setup 3D projector minimum 92" screen.

The TV is super nice...like looking into a window...but we watched the Walking Dead on +/- 100" screen last night....
With a plasma you never have to worry about it being on all the time. Turning it on and off. Worrying about the image getting dimmer the more you use it etc etc.

The LPA-1 was an older 7 channel amp from Emotiva. It would hum and I could never figure out why. I tried everything!!! The XPAs, same cables, same power outlet, same everything....dead silent.

Always plan ahead really...see what your need are and buy accordingly...oh and STAY OFF THESE BOARDS ...lol they have a way of making you buy more more more :-)
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204

Last edited by GAWD; 02-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #3690
prerich prerich is offline
Moderator
 
prerich's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
46
1
2
Default

Ok...and lets get back to Paradigm now...shall we?
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght and sides, Infinity fps-1000 rear and rear hght, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , 16:9 110", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #3691
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

sure thing...Paradigm Studio Signature Monitor 20s 60s 100s 590 690
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #3692
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
sure thing...Paradigm Studio Signature Monitor 20s 60s 100s 590 690
hey you left out the 490 and 10 does that mean you dont like those ones?

yeah i know what you mean about being on the forums you want better stuff
all the time..

cause now im thing hey its only 1500 more for the 100s and 690 now need to add the power xpa 3 not good enough 3 xpa 100 would be better

cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #3693
CHASLS2 CHASLS2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2011
Tampa FL area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
have not bought the vt panny yet but its on my list or going
projection with 110 inch.. im just building my theater room..
how do you like your panny?

xpa 2 300 watts is a bit much for 60s more like for 100.. you get
any hum at all from your xpa?

yeah 60 across the front cheaper than a 690 i guess..

cheers..
Better wait for the new Panny ZT60 as it takes the place of the VT line.
Sony 65" A1E OLED
Pioneer EliteSC61- Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI
OPPO 83 & 103&203
SVS SB13 Ultra
Paradigm 490cc
B&W CM10 S2's Acurus 200x3
B&W 685 S2's Sony BD player
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #3694
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Better wait for the new Panny ZT60 as it takes the place of the VT line.
its seems the vt and gt panny just vannished from then online fs in canada..

maybe panny pulled em.. darn was hoping for a price drop on the vt..

i cant decide on 100 or 60 i know what my wallet wants..

do you like the adp 590?

cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #3695
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
its seems the vt and gt panny just vannished from then online fs in canada..

maybe panny pulled em.. darn was hoping for a price drop on the vt..

i cant decide on 100 or 60 i know what my wallet wants..

do you like the adp 590?

cheers
What prices are you getting for the different configurations?
100/690
60/590
3 x 60s
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #3696
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
What prices are you getting for the different configurations?
100/690
60/590
3 x 60s
timely question LOL.. was just over visiting the audio store...

prices are expensive and more expensive LOL..

100... 3300 pair

60... 2200.. pair.. one more add 1100..

690 c 1500 490 c 800

adp 590 wow 1650 per pair..

sub 15 3100. sub 12 2100..

you know a store with lower prices?

cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #3697
CHASLS2 CHASLS2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jul 2011
Tampa FL area
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
its seems the vt and gt panny just vannished from then online fs in canada..

maybe panny pulled em.. darn was hoping for a price drop on the vt..

i cant decide on 100 or 60 i know what my wallet wants..

do you like the adp 590?

cheers
I don't have any APD 590's.
Sony 65" A1E OLED
Pioneer EliteSC61- Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI
OPPO 83 & 103&203
SVS SB13 Ultra
Paradigm 490cc
B&W CM10 S2's Acurus 200x3
B&W 685 S2's Sony BD player
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #3698
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadube View Post
timely question LOL.. was just over visiting the audio store...

prices are expensive and more expensive LOL..

100... 3300 pair
60... 2200.. pair.. one more add 1100..
690 c 1500 490 c 800
adp 590 wow 1650 per pair..
sub 15 3100. sub 12 2100..

you know a store with lower prices?

cheers
So 4800 for the 100/690 and 3300 for the 3x60s

Tough tough call. You could probably get 3x100s across the front for the same price as the 100/690,

Towers will limit your display options because of their height. A center channel will always give you the option of moving it up or down. That's another thing you have to take into consideration. ADPs are way overpriced I find.

i don't really know any other stores to get a quote from and most stores will not ship out of province.
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 AM   #3699
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
So 4800 for the 100/690 and 3300 for the 3x60s

Tough tough call. You could probably get 3x100s across the front for the same price as the 100/690,

Towers will limit your display options because of their height. A center channel will always give you the option of moving it up or down. That's another thing you have to take into consideration. ADPs are way overpriced I find.

i don't really know any other stores to get a quote from and most stores will not ship out of province.
i found some dealers that will give better deal

which is good... very good...

100s are too tall across the front unless you have acoustic screen..

think i will go 100 690 and 590 got a great price quote..

cheers..
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #3700
GAWD GAWD is offline
Special Member
 
GAWD's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
16
Default

Either way you decide you're going to have an incredible sounding system
Home Theater - 11.2 - Onkyo - Crown - Behringer - DVDO - Epson - Paradigm - Oppo - Quad 18" Sealed Subs

2 Channel -Anthem - Monitor Audio


Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous


Hammers of the Gods (subwoofer build) http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=220204
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official Paradigm Subwoofer Owners Thread Subwoofers Big Daddy 293 08-15-2018 04:40 AM
The Official Dali Speakers Thread Speakers Big Daddy 280 08-01-2018 06:03 AM
The Official Klipsch Speakers Thread Speakers prerich 2512 07-25-2018 11:14 PM
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 2039 07-11-2018 11:53 PM
The Official Sony Speakers Thread Speakers MrRoy 2 08-02-2010 10:44 PM

Tags
paradigm, reference, speakers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:05 AM.