Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08

Odds Against Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Arrow: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Unnamable (Blu-ray)
$24.96
3 hrs ago
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Purge: Election Year (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Ghost World (Blu-ray)
$18.29
14 hrs ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
$11.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which school will become the 2017-2018 National Champions of College Football?
#4 Alabama Crimson Tide 4 66.67%
#3 Georgia Bulldogs 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #8641
Super Moderator

Sep 2006

First, there is too much movement for schools to be waiting until after the bowl season. A school could lose out to a team that isn't bowling for the single fact that they didn't want to upset a rival. Second, more and more recruits are entering a semester early to get some extra time with the team before fall ball. If there is no coach, that recruit may decide to go somewhere else.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #8642
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Purdue is going to name Kent state coach Darrell Hazell as their new coach. I think it's a good hire for Purdue. He's spent time in the Big 10 as an assistant and been successful in the Midwest as Kent State's head coach.

Kent State plays Arkansas State in the GoDaddy.com Bowl, and both squads will likely be led by interim coaches with Arkansas State coach Gus Malzahn taking the Auburn job.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #8643
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Tennessee has offered their head coaching job to Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy, per CBS Sports.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...d-coaching-job

Edit: From Jimmy Hyams of Knoxville radio station WNML:

Quote:
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is no longer in the UT coaching search, source said. Louisville's Charlie Strong remains a candidate.

Last edited by fatediesel; 12-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #8644
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Wonder how bad the ratings are going to be for some of these bowls this year outside the championship game they all have pretty crap matchups
RIP Navster
Old 12-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #8645
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Wonder how bad the ratings are going to be for some of these bowls this year outside the championship game they all have pretty crap matchups
Oregon vs. KState in the Fiesta Bowl disagrees with you.

TLK
My Home Theaters
Samsung UN43MU6300 43" 2160p LED & Samsung UN32J5500 32" 1080p LED HDTVs; Oppo BDP-103 (region-free) & Samsung BD-C6500 Blu-ray Disc players; VIP 3D-Theatre 3D converter box; Pioneer LD-S2 (with AC-3 mod) & Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc players; Pioneer RFD-1 RF demodulator; Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD player/recorder; Audio Technica AT-PL50 turntable; Onkyo TX-NR818 audio/video receiver (7.2 speakers); Dish Network VIP722 & VIP612 HD DVR receivers
Old 12-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #8646
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post

TLK
So after the 1st Quarter when Oregon racks up 30 points to K States maybe 10 tell me how those ratings gonna look
RIP Navster
Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #8647
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:

TLK
You basically just named the one possible exception.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #8648
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

This is why you when you're a small conference coach and get offered a major job you should take it:

Quote:
It was only a year ago when Mario Cristobal was considered one of the hottest coaching prospects in the nation. Schools like Rutgers wanted him to leave his job at FIU and move on to bigger and better places, but no matter who came knocking, Cristobal chose to remain at Florida International.

But now FIU has decided to let Cristobal go.

“Today we informed Coach [Mario] Cristobal that a change was being made in the direction of our football program," said FIU athletic director Pete Garcia in the official release. "I want to thank Coach for all that he has done to develop the football program over the past six seasons. We will now turn our attention to attract the very best candidate to fill the position of head coach. We will begin a national search immediately.”
In 2007 Cristobal took over an 0-12 team and led them to a conference title in 2010 and a bowl game in 2011. From the sounds of it he may have had some differences with the athletic director (who previously thought it was a good idea to hire Isiah Thomas as his basketball coach) and that may have led to the firing. The AD is also friends with Butch Davis and worked with him at Miami and with the Cleveland Browns so there is speculation that he'll purse Davis to replace Cristobal.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ario-cristobal
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #8649
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
You basically just named the one possible exception.
Yes or no: Is this game "outside the championship game"?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Samsung UN43MU6300 43" 2160p LED & Samsung UN32J5500 32" 1080p LED HDTVs; Oppo BDP-103 (region-free) & Samsung BD-C6500 Blu-ray Disc players; VIP 3D-Theatre 3D converter box; Pioneer LD-S2 (with AC-3 mod) & Pioneer CLD-1010 LaserDisc players; Pioneer RFD-1 RF demodulator; Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD player/recorder; Audio Technica AT-PL50 turntable; Onkyo TX-NR818 audio/video receiver (7.2 speakers); Dish Network VIP722 & VIP612 HD DVR receivers
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #8650
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatediesel View Post
Tennessee has offered their head coaching job to Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy, per CBS Sports.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...d-coaching-job

Edit: From Jimmy Hyams of Knoxville radio station WNML:
Oh snap that would be a nice hire I hate TN.
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #8651
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

So once again Charlie Strong gets passed over for every primae head coaching vacancy. Who'd have guessed...
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #8652
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
This is why you when you're a small conference coach and get offered a major job you should take it:

In 2007 Cristobal took over an 0-12 team and led them to a conference title in 2010 and a bowl game in 2011. From the sounds of it he may have had some differences with the athletic director (who previously thought it was a good idea to hire Isiah Thomas as his basketball coach) and that may have led to the firing. The AD is also friends with Butch Davis and worked with him at Miami and with the Cleveland Browns so there is speculation that he'll purse Davis to replace Cristobal.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ario-cristobal
Butch Davis is a terrific recruiter with south FL connections. He could definately improve FIU's program.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #8653
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Oh snap that would be a nice hire I hate TN.
ESPN says Gundy is going to stay at Oklahoma State. I wonder where Tennessee is going to turn if they can't get Charlie Strong as well, because he's supposedly working on a new contract to stay at Louisville. They supposedly wanted Jimbo Fisher but he is reportedly close to an extension with Florida State. This is turning out a lot like their last coaching search when multiple coaches turned them down and they ended up with Derek Dooley ended up getting the job, which upset many fans. They may go after North Carolina coach Larry Fedora next, who certainly wouldn't satisfy the fans.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #8654
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
ESPN says Gundy is going to stay at Oklahoma State. I wonder where Tennessee is going to turn if they can't get Charlie Strong as well, because he's supposedly working on a new contract to stay at Louisville. They supposedly wanted Jimbo Fisher but he is reportedly close to an extension with Florida State. This is turning out a lot like their last coaching search when multiple coaches turned them down and they ended up with Derek Dooley ended up getting the job, which upset many fans. They may go after North Carolina coach Larry Fedora next, who certainly wouldn't satisfy the fans.
I'll bet T. Boone Pickens came to the rescue again and threw another pile of cash at Gundy to stay as OK St. I don't think there's any booster in the nation that means more to a particular college than Pickens does to Oklahoma St. He's donated over $250 mill and counting towards Oklahoma St. athletics.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #8655
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008

Quote:
Yes or no: Is this game "outside the championship game"?

TLK
Your one exception has a very good chance of being turned off in most homes after the 1st quarter.
RIP Navster
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #8656
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Your one exception has a very good chance of being turned off in most homes after the 1st quarter.
How about OU vs aTm at the Cotton Bowl?

TLK
My Home Theaters
Old 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #8657
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
How about OU vs aTm at the Cotton Bowl?

TLK
Point is there are 34 bowl games. You'd think there would be more than 2 to 4 good games. Even the BCS games are a joke with NIU giving away Orange Bowl tickets for free. I'll bet Louisville doesn't come closer to selling their allotment of Sugar Bowl tickets either.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #8658
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
WHY cant they steal EDSALL
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #8659
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

I'm very glad that Charlie Strong is staying w/Louisville. I watched his press conference this morning and he praised AD Tom Jurich.
I've gone 4K with no hesitation!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #8660
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

It is clear over their last couple coaching searches that Tennessee officials still believe they have a top-tier job, but coaches don't share that belief. This is just like their last coaching search when they got publicly rejected by multiple big names and ended up with someone far less desirable. I have no idea where the school is going to go from here. Larry Fedora is the only name I've heard as a possibility at this point, and if they don't go after him or if he isn't interested then I have no clue where they'll look.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Tags
awesomeness, college, tebow