Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98
23 hrs ago
Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
23 hrs ago
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
1 hr ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99
19 hrs ago
Tammy (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Time Bandits (Blu-ray)
$21.99
6 hrs ago
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 12-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #1341

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
I hope they release the sequels like they have with Cinderella, Lion King and Little Mermaid. In my opinion the Aladdin sequels are the best DTV Disney sequels.
I agree. For all the issues folks have with sequels (especially DTV ones), they are (IMHO) some of the better ones. But then again, both "movies" are like extended episodes of the TV series. The King of Thieves being the grand "finale" for the entire movie/TV series franchise.

Part of me wants to get the UK release for Aladdin but part of me also wants to wait for a potential US release (in case we get more extras).
Old 12-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #1342

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonefun124 View Post
Has it been confirmed that the next line will be "The Silver Edition" beginning in Fall 2016 which will exclude Aladdin and Cinderella, but include both Fantasias? I've read a few articles, but I haven't found an official press release from Disney. Since 4K Blu-ray players are coming out next year, I guess this is the direction Disney is going.
While It wouldn't surprise me that they would just re-do the blu ray line up. It would surprise me if they did THAT line-up. I mean Aladdin I can sort-of see but Cinderella? I don't think so. Also, Frozen? Don't get me wrong, I hate that movie sooooo much, but why wouldn't they use that movie in their line up? too soon?

Let's just not jump to conclusions until we see evidence. There are a BUNCH of speculations out there. Diamond may in fact be their last line-up.

Besides, if any of them are the weakest link it's Peter Pan. The critical reaction's the weakest, so in that sence, of all of the 13+ Vault movies I imagine that one barley edged in there.

Last edited by pikachufan1336; 12-14-2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #1343
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Oh 4K players next year? I'll for sure end up getting one (as long as they also play DVDs), even though who knows when or if I'll ever get a 4K tv.
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 12-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #1344

Dec 2014
Default Is UK Aladdin playable on U.S. hardware?

Someone gave me Aladdin blu-ray (1-disc edition), which I believe to be the UK edition. It has a green triangle with a 'U' in it, and a blue octagon with a 'G' in it.

It is marked as region A,B & C.

I can't seem to find information about which format (hertz) the video and it's menus are recorded in. Previously I had bought a UK blu-ray before (Life, I think), but even though the encryption wasn't a problem, the video *was* a problem, and it wouldn't play. I don't know for certain exactly why, but I believe it was because my U.S. TV or U.S. PS3 did not support the video format of the *menus*, which were in 50 hertz (I think).

So, what is the likelihood is that my Aladdin disc is playable on my U.S. PS3 and U.S. TV? I'd like to know before opening it, so I can possibly return it for full refund.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #1345
Expert Member

Oct 2009

^^^ yea it is! I bought it from there too
Thanks given by:
eddified (12-15-2014)
Old 12-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #1346

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddified View Post
Someone gave me Aladdin blu-ray (1-disc edition), which I believe to be the UK edition. It has a green triangle with a 'U' in it, and a blue octagon with a 'G' in it.

It is marked as region A,B & C.

I can't seem to find information about which format (hertz) the video and it's menus are recorded in. Previously I had bought a UK blu-ray before (Life, I think), but even though the encryption wasn't a problem, the video *was* a problem, and it wouldn't play. I don't know for certain exactly why, but I believe it was because my U.S. TV or U.S. PS3 did not support the video format of the *menus*, which were in 50 hertz (I think).

So, what is the likelihood is that my Aladdin disc is playable on my U.S. PS3 and U.S. TV? I'd like to know before opening it, so I can possibly return it for full refund.

Thanks
I have the UK version of Aladdin and it will play on any player as it's region free unlike certain import titles out there which are region locked and was most likely what you ran into before.

If someone gave you this item, how did they get it, and how would you be able to get a refund on it unless it came from a store that sold import blu rays
Old 12-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #1347

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
I hope they release the sequels like they have with Cinderella, Lion King and Little Mermaid. In my opinion the Aladdin sequels are the best DTV Disney sequels.
I agree. I actually like the Aladdin Sequels.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #1348
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
San Diego, CA

Any additional thoughts on the sequels being released on either Blu-ray or digitally? I was looking at the Disney Movies Anywhere site, and found it weird that they had a listing for both Aladdin and Aladdin and the King of Thieves but they did not have a listing there for Aladdin: The Return of Jafar. I hope that all three movies are released and not just two out of three. Even though I know they will ignore my message, I sent Disney a message through the DMA site's contact form and inquired about Aladdin: The Return of Jafar. I mentioned that it was missing from their site and requested that they release it when the original is released. We will see.
DPM: Ple helpanyone havethe Cinderella diamond digital blu need picture of spine and UPC Theend: um, did you think about contacting the person you bought the digital code from? also, your grammar is horrible, are you drunk?

DPM's Known Aliases

DisneyPixarMarvel, DizneyFanatic, Bennybronco, Madalynsmom, [Reserved for future DPM aliases]
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists