Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99
No Holds Barred (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #2921
Infernal King Infernal King is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Infernal King's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I just rewatched it last night & can't agree with you. Brosnan was a better Bond once he got into the flow.
Tomorrow Never Dies > Goldeneye
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #2922
dallywhitty dallywhitty is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
414
288
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Tomorrow Never Dies > Goldeneye
Couldn't agree more. I didn't think much of GoldenEye, but Tomorrow Never Dies was better than I expected.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #2923
Bluyoda Bluyoda is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bluyoda's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Dagobah
44
409
104
1
Default

Finally got around to watching the latest Bond trilogy.
Skyline and Casino R. are pretty darn fine movies, and Quantum of S. is good.

I didn't see anyone mention it, so I am wondering: Is it just me, or does this one have a lot of banding, particularly in the Scotland (burning house) scenes?
That was a real banding orgy there on my HDTV!

The Macau scenes were drop dead gorgeous though, and much of the rest as well.

Maybe my setup is prone to banding????
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #2924
bsweetness bsweetness is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bsweetness's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
378
429
53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Tomorrow Never Dies > Goldeneye
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Couldn't agree more. I didn't think much of GoldenEye, but Tomorrow Never Dies was better than I expected.


Glad to see Tomorrow Never Dies getting some love.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #2925
stvn1974 stvn1974 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
stvn1974's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Oklahoma
46
12
Default

For me Casino Royale and Skyfall are 5 star films. Quantum Of Solace doesn't even seem like it's own film but one long deleted scene that was added back into CR which also makes it a 5 star film for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #2926
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Power Member
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
331
123
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
Finally got around to watching the latest Bond trilogy.
Skyline and Casino R. are pretty darn fine movies, and Quantum of S. is good.

I didn't see anyone mention it, so I am wondering: Is it just me, or does this one have a lot of banding, particularly in the Scotland (burning house) scenes?
That was a real banding orgy there on my HDTV!

The Macau scenes were drop dead gorgeous though, and much of the rest as well.

Maybe my setup is prone to banding????
I haven't noticed any banding... perhaps it is your display? What kind/brand?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #2927
dallywhitty dallywhitty is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
dallywhitty's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
414
288
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post


Glad to see Tomorrow Never Dies getting some love.
Yeah! My favourite of Brosnan's. By the way, I recently saw The World is Not Enough for the first time. Christmas Jones aside, it was really good!

In regards to the Daniel Craig trilogy - Casino Royale is my second favourite Bond film behind On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Quantum of Solace is a mess (although it does have its merits) and Skyfall is a great film which concludes the trilogy nicely and makes me excited for Bond 24!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #2928
Bluyoda Bluyoda is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Bluyoda's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Dagobah
44
409
104
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
I haven't noticed any banding... perhaps it is your display? What kind/brand?
It's a Pioneer-Kuro 50inch. It's fantastic.
My BD player is an Oppo-83SE.

I have calibrated my setup using 3 different calibration discs.
I don't understand why there is banding on my setup.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #2929
Markgway Markgway is offline
Senior Member
 
Markgway's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
Scotland
Default

I got SKYFALL on BD for Xmas.

Many good points, but the script problems remain as problematic as ever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #2930
Rinzler Rinzler is offline
Power Member
 
Rinzler's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
331
123
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
It's a Pioneer-Kuro 50inch. It's fantastic.
My BD player is an Oppo-83SE.

I have calibrated my setup using 3 different calibration discs.
I don't understand why there is banding on my setup.
That's odd... ever notice it with anything else?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #2931
Mandalorian Mandalorian is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
Thirty-Mile Zone
24
742
191
125
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgway View Post
I got SKYFALL on BD for Xmas.

Many good points, but the script problems remain as problematic as ever.
How would you rate it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #2932
Canada Canada is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Canada's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
Victoria, BC
17
387
11
39
Default

Skyfall was a great Bond on par with Goldfinger and Casino Royal one of my top 5 Bond films for sure, Javier Bardem was so good as Silva.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 AM.