Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #61
Special Member

Oct 2008
Du Quoin, IL

So if we want the correct soundtrack they expect us to buy it again? Meh...
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #62
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Default Everyone needs to call Amazon!!!!

I've brought everything this far, now I need to enlist everyone's help - to help yourselves.

I already have the corrected disc, so I'm satisfied personally.

However Amazon is still selling the old disc, and has the new disc on a separate page. So I'm not entirely happy. The quest has not reached its end.

I need EVERYONE to call Amazon 800 and say the old disc is defective, and that Amazon should start a product investigation.

Amazon should stop selling the old version and only sell the new one.

Old version:
http://www.amazon.com/Presumed-Innoc.../dp/B0031RAP68

New version:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051SFSBM

I just spoke to an Amazon operator who said the more people who call, the more seriously this will be taken, and the bigger the impact when Amazon contacts Warners.

Call:
(866) 216-1072

And I suggest following my rule - ask the operator immediately on answering if they're in the US, and if they're not, politely say "I'm sorry, I need to call back" and do so until you get someone here in the States. They seem to have a great deal more leeway to help in unusual situations like this.

I'm depending on you all to call. Like I say, my part of this problem is solved, so you'll all be helping yourselves by calling.

Thanks!!!!

James

Last edited by James Luckard; 06-24-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #63
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Would it be possible to contact WB about the issue? I'm sure they'd happily replace it if we get to customer service, no?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #64
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
Would it be possible to contact WB about the issue? I'm sure they'd happily replace it if we get to customer service, no?
I'm trying to. I called WHV this afternoon, but was told that most everybody was out early for the weekend.

I'll be calling again on Monday.

However with how unresponsive Warners was to me in the past, I think a bunch of noise from people calling Amazon will DEFINITELY help a great deal.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #65
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Default Sweet victory

I watched the film all the way through last night.

"Now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy!" - Balki Bartokomous

The audio is, indeed, completely correct. Anyone who wants can buy the disc without risk. However anyone who needs to exchange a defective disc needs to call up Amazon and add their name to the list of complaints.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #66
Expert Member

Oct 2009

I was just at Best Buy, and saw that they had about half a dozen copies of the revised set. I didn't pick it up, but it was on sale for $14.99.
Top 10 Favorite Movies: 1. The General 2. City Lights 3. The Third Man 4. The Night of the Hunter 5. Vertigo 6. A Hard Day's Night 7. Chinatown 8. Brazil 9. Fargo 10. The Royal Tenenbaums

I hear the world in mono, view it in VistaVision, and see it in both Technicolor and Black & White.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #67

Apr 2011

Picked this up today using the $5 BB coupon, knocking it down to ten dollars...two top notch thrillers, not too shabby. Suppose it would be too much to want a Final Analysis/Jennifer 8 two pack, Thanks for the heads up on the incorrect audio, as BB had both versions in stock, so this helped me avoid a snafu.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #68

Feb 2011
UK

Ordered from Amazon in the end at the higher price as I wanted to order a few blu-rays and as I'm importing to the UK, the order was never going to be cheap. Can't wait to see 'Frantic' when it arrives next week and James, thanks again for all your work.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #69

Feb 2010

Great job James! Looks like your persistence has paid off for all of us
Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #70
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Vesilla

Is there an exchange program or a way to get the corrected version? I bought this on release day but do not have a receipt from Best Buy.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #71
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
Picked this up today using the $5 BB coupon, knocking it down to ten dollars...two top notch thrillers, not too shabby. Suppose it would be too much to want a Final Analysis/Jennifer 8 two pack, Thanks for the heads up on the incorrect audio, as BB had both versions in stock, so this helped me avoid a snafu.
I would love Jennifer 8 on BD, but it wouldn't appear on a double feature with Final Analysis--as the latter is Warner Bros. and the former is Paramount.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 PM   #72
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Just a note to any fans of FRANTIC - the score by Ennio Morricone was issued today on CD by Film Score Monthly.

A soundtrack album was released on CD at the time in 1988, but it is long out of print and super rare.

This new disc includes all the music from that album, which consisted of alternate (sometimes very different) album arrangements of most of the film pieces, as well as the actual score tracks as Morricone recorded them for the film.

An amazing post-Christmas present from the film score gods!
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #73
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Vesilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Luckard View Post
Just a note to any fans of FRANTIC - the score by Ennio Morricone was issued today on CD by Film Score Monthly.

A soundtrack album was released on CD at the time in 1988, but it is long out of print and super rare.

This new disc includes all the music from that album, which consisted of alternate (sometimes very different) album arrangements of most of the film pieces, as well as the actual score tracks as Morricone recorded them for the film.

An amazing post-Christmas present from the film score gods!
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered this morning.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #74

Feb 2012

Sorry to arrive late.
I Have the Blu- Ray, and I think I have the correct one...Could someone give me an example of incorrect audio issues during the movie?
Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #75
Power Member

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo1984 View Post
Sorry to arrive late.
I Have the Blu- Ray, and I think I have the correct one...Could someone give me an example of incorrect audio issues during the movie?
Thanks
Easiest scene to check is about halfway through, when Harrison Ford
[Show spoiler]sneaks into Michelle's apartment through the skylight and finds her being interrogated by two spies. He takes his clothes off and they find him naked in her bed.

The entire offscreen scene with Michelle and the two guys should be in English in the correct version, it will be entirely in unsubtitled French in the faulty version.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #76
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
Vesilla

Is there an exchange program or a way to get the corrected version? I bought this on release day but do not have a receipt from Best Buy
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #77
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beard Esquire View Post
Is there an exchange program or a way to get the corrected version? I bought this on release day but do not have a receipt from Best Buy
There is no exchange program, you'll have to buy it again via the link provided in this thread. You can sell the old one back to Amazon for a bit off the repurchase.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #78

Feb 2012

Thank you Luckard,
I'll check my blu-ray now
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America