Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.08

Rick and Morty: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
Scenes from a Marriage (Blu-ray)
$37.97
8 hrs ago
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$42.99
7 hrs ago
Orange Is the New Black: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Aura Battler Dunbine: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$57.19

Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Doctor Who: Tom Baker - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Tenth Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Special Edition OVA (Blu-ray)
$34.29

Garo Special: Beast of the Demon Night (Blu-ray)
$11.89
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 06-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #201

Feb 2011
North Hollywood, CA

Netflix is looking for more reasons to continue the show lol
Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #202
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
I can't believe so many people find the bathroom scene disturbing and unnecessary.

[Show spoiler]1. Have you never seen any horror movie in your life? Never seen a saw movie?

2. It was completely necessary. It was finally revealed that he (Tyler) was the one who spray painted/burned 'rapists' into the field, which affected the baseball players and their season. So the baseball players got him back by raping him with a mop. They were trying to make a point.

Other than this scene being necessary to drive the (unresolved) plot of the show, these things happen in real life. The real issue isn't that a TV show has shown these things, but that people would rather turn a blind eye and pretend these things don't happen in real life. So you're disturbed and offended that they showed a kid being raped with a broom and then you saw a one second glimpse of blood, but you're okay that a rapist (on the show) got off on probation after raping 3+ girls, because those rape scenes didn't show any blood or involve a mop. Got it.

YES! YES! YES!

I just finished the finale. I don't get the controversy at all. Yeah it's disturbing, but from what I'd heard I thought it was going to be so much worse. When it was over I half expected it not to be the scene people were talking about.
[Show spoiler]Hannah's rape in Season 1 was way more disturbing and difficult to watch. The bathroom assault was fairly brief but showed just enough.

For a while Season 2 was hit and miss but it really picked up towards the end. The finale was terrific and emotional. If you'd asked me early on in the season my answer may have been different but Season 2 is definitely worth your time. I love Jessica, Justin, and Alex this season. Hated them during the first. Eagerly anticipating Season 3. I'll be pissed if one doesn't happen after the ending.

[Show spoiler]The scene at the dance with "The Night We Met" playing was great. Very heartbreaking. I also cried during Clay's speech at the funeral.

I don't understand the hate for the season at all. It came together very nicely.

Last edited by MikeScott; 06-03-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 10:27 PM   #203
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post

YES! YES! YES!

I just finished the finale. I don't get the controversy at all. Yeah it's disturbing, but from what I'd heard I thought it was going to be so much worse. When it was over I half expected it not to be the scene people were talking about.
[Show spoiler]Hannah's rape in Season 1 was way more disturbing and difficult to watch. The bathroom assault was fairly brief but showed just enough.

For a while Season 2 was hit and miss but it really picked up towards the end. The finale was terrific and emotional. If you'd asked me early on in the season my answer may have been different but Season 2 is definitely worth your time. I love Jessica, Justin, and Alex this season. Hated them during the first. Eagerly anticipating Season 3. I'll be pissed if one doesn't happen after the ending.

[Show spoiler]The scene at the dance with "The Night We Met" playing was great. Very heartbreaking. I also cried during Clay's speech at the funeral.

I don't understand the hate for the season at all. It came together very nicely.
Yep agree with all this.
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
Old 06-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #204
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012
Denmark

I really licked it as well.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:15 AM   #205
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
Like....
[Show spoiler]they can easily explain away why Clay was holding the gun. Tyler's car, three feet away from Clay, had more guns and ammo in the trunk and I am sure was registered to Tyler's parents.

It truly made no sense.
[Show spoiler]It's not that he can't explain why he has the gun but that he's trying to save Tyler. He isn't going to want to rat him out.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #206
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Won’t be watching.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #207

Aug 2016

^ I never understood this point of view- 'won't be watching'-, why exactly? is it because you did not like season 2? fair enough, lots of people did not like season 2. that said that teaser tells you nothing about season 3. it just comes off as premature to write off anything before you know what it will be about.

no argument if you choose not to watch. I would just think you would want a little more info before making that decision so early on.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
New Zealand

I'll definitely be watching
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
Old 06-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #209
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irighti View Post
^ I never understood this point of view- 'won't be watching'-, why exactly? is it because you did not like season 2? fair enough, lots of people did not like season 2. that said that teaser tells you nothing about season 3. it just comes off as premature to write off anything before you know what it will be about.

no argument if you choose not to watch. I would just think you would want a little more info before making that decision so early on.
I was invested in the show because of Hannah and her story. Season 2 wrapped it up neatly and gave Clay closure. I don't agree with the rape scene or the allusion to a school shooting at the end. This show might be telling real life stories but a lot of it came off as piling on and trying to shock the audience as far as it can.

Hannah's story is wrapped up now and moving into something else, which I am not interested in.
Thanks given by:
Wally Q (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:30 PM   #210
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

For those that didn't like Season 2:

"Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this.. does put a smile on my face."
Old 06-07-2018, 04:32 PM   #211

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
I was invested in the show because of Hannah and her story. Season 2 wrapped it up neatly and gave Clay closure. I don't agree with the rape scene or the allusion to a school shooting at the end. This show might be telling real life stories but a lot of it came off as piling on and trying to shock the audience as far as it can.

Hannah's story is wrapped up now and moving into something else, which I am not interested in.
fair enough. thanks for clarifying. I just do not like when people dismiss something before knowing what the content will be. glad to hear that is not the reason for you.

I guess it can be considered piling on, bu tif anyone was shocked they were not paying attention to the story at all. both of the events you reference were clearly coming in some form.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #212
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009

Edit: After reading info about it on Wikipedia, it actually sounds REALLY intriguing.

Last edited by SethRex; 06-07-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #213
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethRex View Post
Let me understand this. A girl committed suicide and this show is supposed to explain why she decided to kill herself?
I'd suggest you watch it first. It's very powerful.
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #214
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I'd suggest you watch it first. It's very powerful.
Yeah, I think I might, actually.
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #215
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
NYC

I'll be there for season 3.
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (06-07-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #216

Aug 2016

Why cant they just end it where the book left off ? why do they need to add stuff that has nothing to do with the book.

Last edited by jim1174; 06-12-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #217
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1174 View Post
Why cast they just end it where the book left off ? why do they need to add stuff that has nothing to do with the book.
the next season's title will be, "13 Reasons Why There Shouldn't Be Another Season of 13 Reasons Why"
Old 06-11-2018, 04:20 PM   #218
Special Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
the next season's title will be, "13 Reasons Why There Shouldn't Be Another Season of 13 Reasons Why"
So, just season 2 all over again?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #219

Jun 2018

I can't say I won't watch it but season was less intense and maybe I won't even watch the third till the end. There was mystery in the first one, originality and I felt that I had never watched something like this. But the second one is more predictable, less catchy, yet another story of lawyers and dark secrets... Plus the dialogues between Hannah and Clay felt so ridiculous...

There were interesting plots and it made me reflect upon how victims try to move on after a rape. But I understand that people are pessimistic about the next season.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows