COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.05
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Old 07-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #321

Jan 2011
South Carolina
Default Jamaica Inn

Any one heard any news of a BD release of Hitchcock's "Jamaica Inn"? It's listed on Cohen's website as having a 4k "restoration" and a premiere at Cannes this year. This year is also the 75th anniversary of this film (Hitch's last in England before coming to the US). Not at the top of Hitch's output, but as a completist I'd love to have it!

P.S.- and great news about "Hangmen Also Die!".....my pre-order is in!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #322

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by atfree View Post
Any one heard any news of a BD release of Hitchcock's "Jamaica Inn"? It's listed on Cohen's website as having a 4k "restoration" and a premiere at Cannes this year.
I imagine Cohen will give it a limited theatrical run-probably in NY and LA-before home video distribution. That doesn't always happen, but it would seem like a good way to recoup restoration costs.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #323
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Chinese Puzzle will be released on October 14, 2014.

Quote:
A 40-year-old father's life is complicated when the mother of his two children moves to New York. Since he can't bear them growing up far away from him, he decides to move there as well.
Source
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 08-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #324
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

On My Way Blu-ray REVIEW

Pro-B
Old 08-08-2014, 09:28 PM   #325
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

That Man From Rio: Restoration Trailer and Blu-ray

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14689

Quote:
The Cohen Media Group has released a brand new trailer for TF1's recent restoration of director Philippe de Broca's That Man From Rio (1964), starring Jean-Paul Belmondo, Françoise Dorléac, Jean Servais, Roger Dumas, and Adolfo Celi. The restoration will be introduced at New York's Film Forum on August 22.

The U.S. distributors have also confirmed that a Blu-ray release is scheduled to arrive on the market in 2015.

Synopsis: A blow dart-wielding thug snatches a rare statuette from the Musée de l'Homme;anthropologist Jean Servais (Rififi) is kidnapped in broad Parisian daylight ; serviceman Jean-Paul Belmondo begins his 8-day leave by changing to civvies in a Métro entrance and witnesses fiancée Françoise Dorléac (Catherine Deneuve's sister, killed in a car accident 3 years later) getting kidnapped herself – and then the chase begins: by motorcycle, shoe leather, flight to Rio de Janeiro sans ticket or passport, airport baggage carrier, cable car, pink car complete with green stars and a rumble seat, water skies, Amazon river boat, seaplane, jungle vine… all shot in breathtaking widescreen and color. Even as Dorléac, rescued, is kidnapped again, Belmondo performs his own blood-curdling stunts against that sugar loaf Rio skyline and across that under-construction unearthly architecture of Brasilia (even parachuting almost into the jaws of a hungry croc).

Pro-B
Old 08-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #326

May 2013

Well with the Blu Rays of The Wind Will Carry Us and Favourites of the Moon being region locked 'A', it appears the days of Cohen Media Blu Ray region free discs may be over.

On the good side - I save money. On the bad side - Cohen Media no longer gets my business.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #327

Feb 2014

I have heard that Railroaded and Behind Locked Doors, and the Old Dark House are with Cohen Media - has there been any discussion to do blu rays of those movies ?
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #328
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
Well with the Blu Rays of The Wind Will Carry Us and Favourites of the Moon being region locked 'A', it appears the days of Cohen Media Blu Ray region free discs may be over.
Not necessarily. There are some films that Cohen owns outright. There are other films that they have to license from someone else. My guess is that the former may continue to be region free, while the latter may or may not be, depending on the licensing contract.

Region locking is more often than not required by the licensor. I remember back in the early days of DVD that Criterion initially released Seven Samurai and Inagaki's Samurai Trilogy as region-free discs. They had to quickly re-release them as R1 discs because Toho Studios insisted on it.
List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

The five stages of bureaucratic grieving are: denial, anger, committee meetings, scapegoating, and cover-up. - Charles Stross
Old 08-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #329
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post

Region locking is more often than not required by the licensor. I remember back in the early days of DVD that Criterion initially released Seven Samurai and Inagaki's Samurai Trilogy as region-free discs. They had to quickly re-release them as R1 discs because Toho Studios insisted on it.

sure because japanese people would have reimported them and just removed the english subs. a re-imported US release is most of the time only 1/3 of the price a japanese release will cost.

thats why they want geo-locking on US anime releases (eng subs will show up while watching japanese dub) etc...
Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #330
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
From award-winning filmmaker Cherien Dabis who made AMREEKA (2009) which world-premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and won the prestigious FIPRESCI award in the Director's Fortnight at Cannes.

Starring Cherien Dabis, Nadine Malouf, and Alia Shawkat (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT).
Pro-B
Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 AM   #331
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinep View Post
I have heard that Railroaded and Behind Locked Doors, and the Old Dark House are with Cohen Media - has there been any discussion to do blu rays of those movies ?
Not that I've seen, but I second your interest. It would be great to get these on BD.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #332
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Pro-B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors