COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.05
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-30-2014, 06:16 AM   #1381
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL4U2C View Post
When i looked at the website the other day it said you had to buy 5 at full price within 2 years. If it was only 2, i would be more inclined to try it. Where are you showing that it is only 2?
If you sign up under the regular terms, it isn't a very great deal. You're right, you have to buy 5 commitment titles. However, if you use the sign-up code from this thread, you only need 3 commitments. The first of those commitments can be fulfilled upon enrolling in the club, where which you get a significantly discounted price that still counts toward your commitment. Thus, this leaves you with only 2 commitments to buy at full price.

If you use the code from the thread, this is the breakdown:

Enrollment:
5 titles for $1 total
1 title for $11.95 (Commitment #1)
1 title for $8.95 (Optional; doesn't count toward commitment)

Commitments #2 & 3:
2 titles for a minimum of $29.95 each (but sometimes pre-orders and new titles that are discounted for $24.95 will count toward your commitment)

So like others have said, if you really play your cards right, you can get 8-9 titles for an average as low as $7 each, though usually you'll probably end up falling in the $8-9 range, and perhaps around $10 if you get a couple of 3D titles in the mix.

Read the DMC thread that I linked to above. It may sound to good to be true, but it really isn't. I've been through at least 6-7 memberships now.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #1382

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
If you sign up under the regular terms, it isn't a very great deal. You're right, you have to buy 5 commitment titles. However, if you use the sign-up code from this thread, you only need 3 commitments. The first of those commitments can be fulfilled upon enrolling in the club, where which you get a significantly discounted price that still counts toward your commitment. Thus, this leaves you with only 2 commitments to buy at full price.

If you use the code from the thread, this is the breakdown:

Enrollment:
5 titles for $1 total
1 title for $11.95 (Commitment #1)
1 title for $8.95 (Optional; doesn't count toward commitment)

Commitments #2 & 3:
2 titles for a minimum of $29.95 each (but sometimes pre-orders and new titles that are discounted for $24.95 will count toward your commitment)

So like others have said, if you really play your cards right, you can get 8-9 titles for an average as low as $7 each, though usually you'll probably end up falling in the $8-9 range, and perhaps around $10 if you get a couple of 3D titles in the mix.

Read the DMC thread that I linked to above. It may sound to good to be true, but it really isn't. I've been through at least 6-7 memberships now.
May I ask where the 3D titles are? I was looking around and couldn't find them.

Also, for those who are in the club, what's the featured title this month and is it for a good deal?
Old 08-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #1383

Aug 2014
TN

Wow! Now that is a much better deal! And this list of available titles is impressive! I may have to give this a whirl! LOL Thanks for posting that link!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #1384

Jun 2014
canada

Cinderella is the best!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #1385
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
May I ask where the 3D titles are? I was looking around and couldn't find them.

Also, for those who are in the club, what's the featured title this month and is it for a good deal?
The one drawback for 3D fans is that 3D titles are not enrollment eligible. Thus you would only be able to get them for your commitments #2 and 3 (unless you want to pay full price for the first commitment as well, but that would kind of ruin the deal). Generally, 3D titles are priced at $34.95, I believe. But there are plenty of catalog Disney titles that are only available in 2D, so most people should still be able to find enough titles that they want....

The Featured Title this month is Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+BD+DC) for $29.95. (This counts toward your commitment.) You can also make it a "double feature," with the option to add (1) Toy Story of Terror for an additional $10.00 or (2) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad for an additional $12.00. The double feature still only counts as one commitment, but as a bonus, you get free shipping.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #1386
Special Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
The one drawback for 3D fans is that 3D titles are not enrollment eligible. Thus you would only be able to get them for your commitments #2 and 3 (unless you want to pay full price for the first commitment as well, but that would kind of ruin the deal).
That's right, although some members here have reported in the Disney Movie Club thread that they've gotten 3D titles as enrollment titles. You can't get them if you sign up through the website; you only have a chance of getting a 3D title as an enrollment title if you sign up over the phone. YMMV; it depends entirely on the cast member. Sometimes they have no problem letting you select a 3D title, and sometimes they don't.

If anyone ever wants 3D titles as an enrollment title, I suggest calling in and giving the cast member the catalog number of the title you want. If they say no to the 3D titles, don't finish enrolling and call back later. I've never gotten any 3D titles during enrollment, but people have reported success.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:32 PM   #1387
Power Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBlu View Post
That's right, although some members here have reported in the Disney Movie Club thread that they've gotten 3D titles as enrollment titles. You can't get them if you sign up through the website; you only have a chance of getting a 3D title as an enrollment title if you sign up over the phone. YMMV; it depends entirely on the cast member. Sometimes they have no problem letting you select a 3D title, and sometimes they don't.

If anyone ever wants 3D titles as an enrollment title, I suggest calling in and giving the cast member the catalog number of the title you want. If they say no to the 3D titles, don't finish enrolling and call back later. I've never gotten any 3D titles during enrollment, but people have reported success.

You are right, but from what I've gathered, it has become increasingly less likely that they let 3D titles slip through for enrollments....
Thanks given by:
TheGeneral (08-30-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #1388

Jul 2014

Quote:
The one drawback for 3D fans is that 3D titles are not enrollment eligible. Thus you would only be able to get them for your commitments #2 and 3 (unless you want to pay full price for the first commitment as well, but that would kind of ruin the deal). Generally, 3D titles are priced at $34.95, I believe. But there are plenty of catalog Disney titles that are only available in 2D, so most people should still be able to find enough titles that they want....

The Featured Title this month is Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+BD+DC) for $29.95. (This counts toward your commitment.) You can also make it a "double feature," with the option to add (1) Toy Story of Terror for an additional $10.00 or (2) The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad for an additional $12.00. The double feature still only counts as one commitment, but as a bonus, you get free shipping.
Oh, okay, thank you for both answers
Old 08-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #1389

Aug 2011
Maryland
Send a message via AIM to TheBlayman

There is also two different triple features for selection of the month.

Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Toy Story of Terror
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
$42.95 (free shipping)

Tangled
Toy Story of Terror
$45.95 (free shipping)
TheBlayman
Sony 60gb PS3 (upgraded to 1TB)
Sony PS4
Sony 65" 3D LED HDTV (XBR HX929)
Sony 3D Blu-ray (BDP-S790)
Sony 7.2 3D A/V Receiver (STR-DN1030)
Sony ES 9.2ch 4K A/V Receiver with Automation (STR-DA5800ES)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe (3TB ext. HD)
Old 08-30-2014, 05:14 PM   #1390

Mar 2014
Calgary, AB

About to order The Nightmare Before Christmas:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ni...Blu-ray/19478/

But now I see everywhere the 20th aniversary edition:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ni...Blu-ray/76962/

Can't really figure out if there are differences except for packaging?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #1391

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier21 View Post
About to order The Nightmare Before Christmas:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ni...Blu-ray/19478/

But now I see everywhere the 20th aniversary edition:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ni...Blu-ray/76962/

Can't really figure out if there are differences except for packaging?

Repackaging only I believe
Old 08-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #1392
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlayman View Post
There is also two different triple features for selection of the month.

Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The Three Musketeers
Toy Story of Terror
$42.95 (free shipping)

Tangled
Toy Story of Terror
$45.95 (free shipping)
Not sure where this info is coming from .... but those aren't the options this month (or last month)

Quote:
^This.
Please Take a Moment To Sign!! :) http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...n-africa#share
Wants:
-DisneyNature Bears --- DMR/DMA
-Mickey's XMas Carol -- DMR/DMA
-Sword in the Stone -- DMR/DMA
Old 08-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #1393
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011
-
-

Luckily there's an entire thread [link provided previously] dedicated to DMC to discuss it .......

Please Take a Moment To Sign!! :) http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...n-africa#share
Wants:
Old 08-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #1394
Special Member

Jul 2009
BC, Canada

Is there no special promo code for the Canadian Disney Movie Club? The one posted only works with the US.
GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vancouver Canucks fan till the day I die! The Cup WILL be ours very soon! Better believe it! Choke on it, haters!
GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/Bluray collection: http://beefmaster10000.dvdaf.com/owned?rc=1
Old 08-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #1395
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
Is there no special promo code for the Canadian Disney Movie Club? The one posted only works with the US.
There's a separate Canadian thread for it as well:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=186786

edit: Oh I see your post was answered just now there as well
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1272
Wants:
Old 08-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #1396

Aug 2011
Maryland
Send a message via AIM to TheBlayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Not sure where this info is coming from .... but those aren't the options this month (or last month)

^This.
It's on the respond by Sept 15, 2014 card. I got one for the other offers as well on my other account.
TheBlayman
Sony 60gb PS3 (upgraded to 1TB)
Sony PS4
Sony 65" 3D LED HDTV (XBR HX929)
Sony 3D Blu-ray (BDP-S790)
Sony 7.2 3D A/V Receiver (STR-DN1030)
Sony ES 9.2ch 4K A/V Receiver with Automation (STR-DA5800ES)
Nintendo Wii U Deluxe (3TB ext. HD)
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #1397

Mar 2014
Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post

^This.
You may need better informers
[Show spoiler]

Edit: Just realized the non-VIP hasn't been added to the DMC forum. Hope this helps =)

Last edited by SunKissedCaliQT; Yesterday at 06:02 AM.
Thanks given by:
TheBlayman (Today)
Old Today, 07:35 PM   #1398

Aug 2014
TN

I appreciate all the info and the link! I signed up last night and am looking forward to receiving my enrollment titles! I wasn't really trying for any 3D titles so i just enrolled online. I've tracked down most of the 3D stuff off ebay the last week and have done pretty good. With my sign-up titles, i will be almost caught up on the stuff i want.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
animated, animation, canon, classics, disney, official, pixar, release, status