COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dexter: The Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Poirot: The Complete Cases Collection (Blu-ray)
$198.49
Orange Is the New Black: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$18.49
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$17.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ray Donovan: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.49
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.05
The Wind Will Carry Us (Blu-ray)
$19.49
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.49
The Slumber Party Massacre (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Afflicted (Blu-ray)
$12.49
D-Day Remembered (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Queen Margot (Blu-ray)
$23.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #2641
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Guycott View Post
I was watching it in '97.
Me too. I remember I was in the 7th grade at the time and I use to come home, sit down and watch Sailor Moon and DBZ.
Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM   #2642

May 2009
New Zealand

NZ didn't get it that early (atleast on free to air tv). I was in High School by the time DBZ got off the ground. Must have been early 2000s

Pokemon was the big thing before DBZ here. Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #2643

May 2010
British Columbia

Since everyone is in a sharing mood about their DBZ memories. I will be an unoriginal hack and throw mine into the mix too! Started watching DBZ in 1998 when it first started airing on YTV in Canada. Pretty much saw it right from the beginning with the Ocean Dub. The first DBZ line that stands out in my memory is "Goodness, you've managed to singe some of my leg hairs."
At any rate, I arrived at my friend's house after school one day and he was watching it. I wound up loving it even more than he did. If I recall the regular airing time for DBZ was about 5:00pm and spending time at my friend's place watching DBZ became the thing to do. I was always at my friends house because I did not have TV back then. If I recall Pokemon was at maybe 4:30, and Digimon at 5:30. Pretty much back to back to back awesomeness. However, DBZ is the only one that aged well for me. It aired on YTV until 2003, and by then I had television at my place. But then I got in trouble with my parents and they took the TV away so I was unable to catch the Buu Saga. I eventually found a way to download it later on. Take that parents.

Last edited by rollinwith26s; Yesterday at 08:01 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM   #2644

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
Me too. I remember I was in the 7th grade at the time and I use to come home, sit down and watch Sailor Moon and DBZ.
I watched Sailor Moon in secret because it was uncool for boys to do so! I had a large crush on Sailor Jupiter. Glad it is heading to Blu-ray. I may finally be able to watch it all the way through without judgmental eyes hovering all around.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #2645

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
NZ didn't get it that early (atleast on free to air tv). I was in High School by the time DBZ got off the ground. Must have been early 2000s

Pokemon was the big thing before DBZ here. Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Charizard was a champ. Quit watching when Ash got rid of him.
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #2646
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinwith26s View Post
Ash was an idiot, always getting rid of his Pokémon. Besides Charizard, he also got rid of Pidgeot, and I believe a couple others.

It's also annoying they changes his pronunciation to match that of the people that can't say Pokémon correctly. Ash went from the correct pronunciation "po-kah-mon" in the first season to "po-key-mon" on the others (which is a mistake most people make). Way to join the mispronunciation bandwagon Pokémon TV show
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #2647
Contributor

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Even though Ash gets his Charizard back in Pokémon Black & White Adventures In Unova.
IGN and RPGamer- Ar tonelico II Best PS2 Game Award for 2009
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel out now

Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM   #2648

Aug 2014

Since we're just discussing dbz, question I wanted to know since the orange bricks. Why In the season 2 namek saga did they let the English actors cuss so much. Then after that what twice through rest of series. Nor that I gotta here it, just as a kid I wondered
Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM   #2649

May 2010
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Even though Ash gets his Charizard back in Pokémon Black & White Adventures In Unova.
Glad I didn't hang around waiting for that long.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM   #2650
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
I watched Sailor Moon in secret because it was uncool for boys to do so! I had a large crush on Sailor Jupiter. Glad it is heading to Blu-ray. I may finally be able to watch it all the way through without judgmental eyes hovering all around.
Sailor Moon was the first anime that I ever watched as a kid is what made me a fan of the genre. DBZ came shortly after that, of course by the time I came in on that Krillin, Bulma and Gohan were already on Namek so I was a little late in watching it. Afterwards it took me awhile to learn all their names, for example I remember I thought Vegeta was "Vecheata" because that what it sounded like to me. lol. I know that sounds stupid, but that was just how I was hearing it...anyway it wasn't long afterwards I realized that the mistake and corrected it and I said his name properly.

Last edited by ShamelessFanGirl; Yesterday at 11:16 PM.
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #2651
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Sailor Moon was the first anime that I ever watched as a kid is what made me a fan of the genre. DBZ came shortly after that, of course by the time I came in on that Krillin, Bulma and Gohan were already on Namek so I was a little late in watching it. Afterwards it took me awhile to learn all their names, for example I remember I thought Vegeta was "Vecheata" because that what it sounded like to me. lol. I know that sounds stupid, but that was just how I was hearing it...anyway it wasn't long afterwards I realized that the mistake and corrected it and I said his name properly.
The first anime I saw (if it counts) is Voltron. And I really think season 2 would have been more popular if they gave him a different name. Going from using the animation of Beast King GoLion to Armored Fleet Dairugger XV really had a negative impact. It was like "wtf is this, this isn't the voltron I know and love. I'm not watching this crap"

Then came Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors*, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Cardcaptors** (in that order)

And then in the early 2000s my cable company got Cartoon Network, so my first cable anime was DBZ. Followed by a Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, One Piece, and a few others.

In 2003 a friend told me about Ranma ˝, somehow I missed it on TV early on, as I never heard of it up until that point. Watched the episodes online that year.

* North American name for Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
**North Amercan name for Cardcaptor Sakura
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.

Last edited by Scarface32; Today at 01:40 AM.
Old Today, 07:47 AM   #2652

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11788 View Post
Since we're just discussing dbz, question I wanted to know since the orange bricks. Why In the season 2 namek saga did they let the English actors cuss so much. Then after that what twice through rest of series. Nor that I gotta here it, just as a kid I wondered
They cussed? like what?

Damn, Hell, Bloody ? I remember Jeice saying "Bloody Saiyan..." when he's fighting Goku, but other than that it's tame.

Everyone has a different opinion on what a 'cuss' is though. I don't nearly consider Damn, Bloody and Hell a cuss word. I suppose if you go to church and all that you might..

Funimation re-dubbed episodes 1-67 and some occasional re-dubbing throughout the Bricks to correct / change things.

Last edited by LordCrumb; Today at 07:50 AM.
Old Today, 08:23 AM   #2653
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
USA

The only cussing in DBZ I'm aware of is when fansubbers used to make Vegeta swear like a sailor.
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"
Old Today, 02:08 PM   #2654
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Guycott View Post
The only cussing in DBZ I'm aware of is when fansubbers used to make Vegeta swear like a sailor.
They've said "shit" in the series, if that counts.
Old Today, 02:11 PM   #2655
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

IMG_20140831_213312.jpg
Not to get off topic but I had to share this. I bought this at Hot Topic yesterday which was an Exclusive there. Isn't he cute? This is my first Funko Pop figure. I plan to buy SS Goku, Piccolo, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, Cell and Frieza in the early part of 2015.

Last edited by ShamelessFanGirl; Today at 02:15 PM.
Old Today, 03:34 PM   #2656
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Attachment 94483
Not to get off topic but I had to share this. I bought this at Hot Topic yesterday which was an Exclusive there. Isn't he cute? This is my first Funko Pop figure. I plan to buy SS Goku, Piccolo, Saiyan Saga Vegeta, Cell and Frieza in the early part of 2015.
I use to have those speakers (or speakers that look similar).
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #2657

Aug 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
They cussed? like what?

Damn, Hell, Bloody ? I remember Jeice saying "Bloody Saiyan..." when he's fighting Goku, but other than that it's tame.

Everyone has a different opinion on what a 'cuss' is though. I don't nearly consider Damn, Bloody and Hell a cuss word. I suppose if you go to church and all that you might..

Funimation re-dubbed episodes 1-67 and some occasional re-dubbing throughout the Bricks to correct / change things.
Bastered, hell damn_ just odd I find season 2 on blu with more "foul" language vs all the other seasons
Old Today, 07:28 PM   #2658

Mar 2012
Boston, MA

Quote:
Attachment 94483
That's wicked! I picked up Goku (from HT, thanks for the heads up), SS Goku, and Vegeta. Where can I find SS Vegeta?
PSN/Vita:YungTwizz
Old Today, 09:46 PM   #2659
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizz View Post
That's wicked! I picked up Goku (from HT, thanks for the heads up), SS Goku, and Vegeta. Where can I find SS Vegeta?
I don't think SSJ Vegeta is out yet but I am sure they will release him with the next set of DBZ Funko Pop figures.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime