COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Motto to Love-Ru (Blu-ray)
$41.72
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Battleship (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Old 01-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by reanimator View Post
I was pleasantly surprised by the 3D quality on this BD. Looking forward to giving it a second spin sometime. Maybe when WALKING DEAD is back.
I'm with you on this. The 3D layering is upper medium 3D. Not mild 3D at all and if it shows up mild on someone's 3DTV, they are either comparing it to very strong 3D in an Imax feature, or their 3D settings may be off.

This has stronger 3D layering than a heck of a lot of other milder 3D titles out there, including the recent 47 Ronin as a recent example, which was mostly medium, but had a lot of mild 3D in there too.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:23 AM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I'm with you on this. The 3D layering is upper medium 3D. Not mild 3D at all and if it shows up mild on someone's 3DTV, they are either comparing it to very strong 3D in an Imax feature, or their 3D settings may be off.

This has stronger 3D layering than a heck of a lot of other milder 3D titles out there, including the recent 47 Ronin as a recent example, which was mostly medium, but had a lot of mild 3D in there too.
Upper medium.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #163

Aug 2012
In the woods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
Upper medium.
What do you consider medium 3d? You might want to check your TV there could be a problem!

Last edited by Bluray3d4life; 01-25-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #164
Special Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluray3d4life View Post
What do you consider medium 3d? You might want to check your TV there could be a problem!
He is just being a d*** about how it is worded.
PSN: BowsersFireBreth

Sony PS4
LG 55UB8500 UHD TV
LG LHB976 HTIB
APC J25B Power Conditioner with Battery Backup
Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 PM   #165
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Villiam Hayes,

Yeah, upper medium being a notch better than medium and almost close to strong 3D.

Compare World War Z's 3D here to the live action conversion of Smurfs 3D which has a majority of mild 3D, and if you don't see the 3D here is stronger than mild 3D, then it has to be an issue with the 3DTV.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #166
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2011
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
He is just being a d*** about how it is worded.
Your the only dick I can see about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Villiam Hayes,

Yeah, upper medium being a notch better than medium and almost close to strong 3D.

Compare World War Z's 3D here to the live action conversion of Smurfs 3D which has a majority of mild 3D, and if you don't see the 3D here is stronger than mild 3D, then it has to be an issue with the 3DTV.
I have never in my life heard the term 'upper medium' don't take it personal though,it gave me a laugh,I thought it was funny.

As for the 3D,I didn't find it very good in this,from some of my other titles ,like Titanic,Avatar,Hugo,This is It,Life of Pi,a Christmas Carol....they were good,I didn't think this was even close.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.

Last edited by Villiam Hayes; 01-26-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #167
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

I rewatched this with a friend Friday, his first viewing of the movie. He enjoyed it saying he'd give it 3/5. He thought it could have shaved about ten mins off and i don't think he was too crazy about the 3rd act. On watching it again i have to maintain that Zivouhr is spot on with his assertion of upper medium 3D. The 3D conversion is really good here, very consistent depth and layers. The hand held shaky cam style would never be my preferred choice for 3D but the conversion house has done a really stellar job with those fast moving, frantic shots, especially with all the chaos unfolding onscreen.

I love how the movie is comprised of almost lots of mini movies that work well on their own as tense setpieces. Love the bit with the military guys in, is it Iran? I cant recall, but the part where Gerry is shown the burnt out room and talks to the guy in the cell. Its so great that whole part. James Badge Dale has a great presence as that soldier. He was also good in Iron Man 3 as the Killians main extremis guy and as the brother in The Lone Ranger. He's coming on leaps and bounds and deserves a good future in the industry.

I would definitely have World War Z in my top fifteen from last year.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 AM   #168
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
I have never in my life heard the term 'upper medium' don't take it personal though,it gave me a laugh,I thought it was funny.

As for the 3D,I didn't find it very good in this,from some of my other titles ,like Titanic,Avatar,Hugo,This is It,Life of Pi,a Christmas Carol....they were good,I didn't think this was even close.
Yeah, upper as in the upper floor of a building, just to be a bit more specific rather than just say "Medium 3D".
But it is good you're comparing it to the strong 3D of Titanic, Avatar, Hugo for comparison. Those are great examples of 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
I rewatched this with a friend Friday, his first viewing of the movie. He enjoyed it saying he'd give it 3/5. He thought it could have shaved about ten mins off and i don't think he was too crazy about the 3rd act. On watching it again i have to maintain that Zivouhr is spot on with his assertion of upper medium 3D. The 3D conversion is really good here, very consistent depth and layers. The hand held shaky cam style would never be my preferred choice for 3D but the conversion house has done a really stellar job with those fast moving, frantic shots, especially with all the chaos unfolding onscreen.

I love how the movie is comprised of almost lots of mini movies that work well on their own as tense setpieces. Love the bit with the military guys in, is it Iran? I cant recall, but the part where Gerry is shown the burnt out room and talks to the guy in the cell. Its so great that whole part. James Badge Dale has a great presence as that soldier. He was also good in Iron Man 3 as the Killians main extremis guy and as the brother in The Lone Ranger. He's coming on leaps and bounds and deserves a good future in the industry.

I would definitely have World War Z in my top fifteen from last year.
Good summary. Yeah, how they were able to track all of those shaky camera movements could not have been easy, even with computer tracking of the shots and manual adjustments for the 3D conversion.

Most impressive is that if I'm not mistaken, Prime Focus did the conversion, the same company infamous for the mild 3D in Clash of the Titans and some of the Harry Potter and Green Lantern conversions.

They recently did MIB 3's live action conversion, which looked really good also.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #169

Feb 2014

I was happy I bought this one. The 3d was solid and the movie was better than I thought. Idk what the critics expect from a zombie flick.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies