Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #1

Mar 2010
Default LG 60LM7200 first impression

thought I'd share some first impressions with you guys and hopefully for others who been googling the hell outta this product like I did.. (there ain't much info out there yet..)

first off if anyone want to read other reviews here are links

http://www.amazon.com/forum/1080p?cd...x2W9LBBLFNAT0S

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399636/of...rs-thread/1800

Bought it off of futureshop (canada) during their boxing day sale (online only deal) and arrived today and had whole day to play with the TV and I gotta say, I thought it be nice to have a huge TV this size but damn... the thing looks obnoxious in my living room.. I look like an ass with this tv. It's really big for my living room.. haha but I couldn't take my eye balls off of it so that's a good start.

You always read about the bad and I've been reading alot of complaints on LG LCD TV (xxlm7600 owners thread on the other link) but I checked it this evening and barey see any light leakage on the edges so it passed that test.

Straight outta box, I gotta say the picture look like crap.. I have my computer monitors calibrated for accurate colour for my work so I have bit of insight if I might say so myself.. but I'm no expert when it comes to calibrating TV screen so been tinkering with it all day and I think what I got now is okaaay.. probably will search online for calibration guide.

While I was tinkering with the colour set up, I had to use the magic remote the whole time and it's actually pretty good. I have Nintento Wii so maybe it helped with the learning curve if there was any but I like the remote. Maybe some buttons could've been placed better but it's definitely easy to use.

Lotta apps.. Netflix wasn't so bad but youtube was really slow for some reason. Tons of apps I don't care about but handy stuff like user manual is also there so that's great. Not much to say about these apps other than i'm not sure if I'll be using much of that in the future but nice to have none the less.. but if these apps are what makes this TV qualify as 'Smart TV', I think standards for 'smart' has gone down alot these days.

Sound. lotta complaining I read about bad sound quality.. but hey TV gets slimmer, quality of sound goes down. I have Home theatre set up so doesn't really concern me, although i'm still trying to figure out how to do that whole ARC thing from the TV to my receiver.

3D. I think there's some tweaking you can do to change some features on the 3D setting? haven't got that far but watched Avatar 3D and few 3D trailers off of one of the apps and it's not bad at all. I don't really have anything to compare with since it's my first 3D tv but I really like that it's passive 3D, felt comfortable, and seemed pretty good. I had to try a bit to get into it but can't complain much about it.

My only concern after all day to playing with the TV is that I'm still wondering if it's too big for my living room..... I always want to have a big screen but now that I actually have it, I think 55' would've been fine for my living room and saved few hundred bucks. I do hate myself for thinking this way though.

Anyways, that was my first impression for this TV.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #2

Mar 2010

bit of update plus some links.

- Bit of light leak on the edges have started to show but nothing serious.
- Still haven't calibrated properly but will try the one from the link below. However, black level isn't up to my Panny plasma level and contrast seems bit weak. Can't expect plasma quality I guess.. at least i don't have to worry about burn ins.
- TruMotion setting... other than watching sports on television, when do you ever use this feature? I can't stand watching movies that doesn't show the proper frame rate and trumotion makes it look like it was shot on 60i.. but if I have it turned off during 3D, lotta action scenes get blurry when there's quick motion.. trumotion turned on, it looks like a video instead of film.. Also have it turned off while playing games too. meh.. not gonna bother with it.
- LCD panel is bit more reflective than what I would like. I have to close the curtains so I don't get distracted by the reflections. Something to think about if you plan on putting it somewhere bright and watch lotta TV during daytime.

anyways if you are looking for a big TV but don't want to break the bank for it, this is probably the one of very very few options out there (I'm guessing Vizio probably have something in similar price range as well? but does it match the spec..).

Like the TV so far and hope it stays that way.. if not I bought extended warranty...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_10...;threadListing
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #3

Nov 2012

I have the 47LM7600 and you're review is spot on for their entire range of LCDs. Light reflection is my biggest complaint. Had to re-arrange the room to accommodate it. The light leakage is there as well, but only when looking at a solid black screen and, well, that show sucks anyway so I don't watch it :-)

One useful thing I did notice about the TruMotion: When playing back SD quality video files you can sharpen it up a bit and avoid the soap-opera effect by setting TruMotion to user, setting De-Judder to 0 or 1, and cranking up the De-Blur to 10. It's not drastic but it helps.

Also if you have a smart phone, the LG Smart TV remote app (iOS and Android) is actually a better remote than the Magic Remote it comes with. You can do everything except power it on/off.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

Jan 2013

me too.want to have a big screen but now that I actually have it,think 55' would've been fine for my living room and saved few hundred bucks
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #5

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Blu View Post
I have the 47LM7600 and you're review is spot on for their entire range of LCDs. Light reflection is my biggest complaint. Had to re-arrange the room to accommodate it. The light leakage is there as well, but only when looking at a solid black screen and, well, that show sucks anyway so I don't watch it :-)

One useful thing I did notice about the TruMotion: When playing back SD quality video files you can sharpen it up a bit and avoid the soap-opera effect by setting TruMotion to user, setting De-Judder to 0 or 1, and cranking up the De-Blur to 10. It's not drastic but it helps.

Also if you have a smart phone, the LG Smart TV remote app (iOS and Android) is actually a better remote than the Magic Remote it comes with. You can do everything except power it on/off.
thanks for the tip on trumotion and smart phone feature! I tried searching the app for my iphone but can only zappo tv remote app thing that you have to pay for but couldn't find LG app for the TV.. they had different apps for appliances and their HTiB system I think.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #6

Mar 2010

Uploaded some photos on my HT gallery. check it out!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

Nice room. I might recommend those colors to my mrs. once we start work on our family room. Although I may go darker on the wall that the new plasma or LCD will be on. Nice set up and thanks for sharing. Post your settings once you get it calibrated. I'd love to, since I have a LG too, but just can swing the cost right now.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?

Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #8

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Nice room. I might recommend those colors to my mrs. once we start work on our family room. Although I may go darker on the wall that the new plasma or LCD will be on. Nice set up and thanks for sharing. Post your settings once you get it calibrated. I'd love to, since I have a LG too, but just can swing the cost right now.
thanks! the wall was already painted that color when we moved in and we just left it as it is. There isn't much info on this particular model for calibration but ill have to dig around internet little deeper. Will probably do another and final update on the TV after some use.. but check out that reflection though! haha can't have windows facing the TV... ugh.. and curtain is bit weird but that's due to not giving much thought when buying the curtain..
Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Fife? Where the hell is FIFE?!?!?

I'll most likely have to get something to cover up the window in our room. Looking at your picture it seems like we have the same problem. At one point this was going to be Batcave, but now that I'm a stay at home dad that has gone out the window. My original plan was to make a giant Two-Face coin replica that would open and close to block out the sun from that window.
Do you really have something to say or are you just in love with the sound of your keyboard?

Living Room: LG 55LE5500 Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360 w/Kinect
Bedroom: VIZIO E470VL VIZIO VSB200 Sound Bar Sony BDP‑BX510 XBox 360
Inner Sanctum: Samsung 65KS8000, Halo XBox One, GoW Xbox 360, Onkyo HT-S5300
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #10

Jan 2013

agree it,My original plan was to make a giant Two-Face coin replica that would open and close to block out the sun from that window.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #11

Feb 2013

How would you rate this T.V. in comparison with a Panasonic TC-60GT50 plasma T.V.?

The only thing I can complain about on the Panny I own is slight line bleed sometimes on news shows, and it is pretty light.

When you put it on a green screen for TV Rating you can see it A LOT more.

But on regular T.V. I can barely see it.
Can't see it at all in gaming console menus or tv menus.
I really can't believe just HOW MUCH it shows on that TV RATING Green
screen though.

I'm just curious as to my annoyance compared to the LED/LCD tv annoyances.
I was thinking about switching them out but I don't want to if all of the TV's seem to have one little annoyance that comes with the picture in most cases.
And I'm pretty big on things bothering me too lol!

The Panny Plasma was about 1.9k
Awesome picture... much better than my five year old Samsung LCD/LED flat screen.

Not trying to start a Plasma/LCD/LED war.
Just wondering if virtually all of them have their one annoyance while viewing at times, and if anyone here knows or has
a Panasonic GT model to compare this model to overall.

Last edited by Mustangman77; 02-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysgoby View Post
Uploaded some photos on my HT gallery. check it out!
BEAUTIFUL!! Like your tastes daysgoby. Nice looking and clean man. Looks great.
PLEASE take a look at my NEW home theater gallery pics!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #13

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
I'll most likely have to get something to cover up the window in our room. Looking at your picture it seems like we have the same problem. At one point this was going to be Batcave, but now that I'm a stay at home dad that has gone out the window. My original plan was to make a giant Two-Face coin replica that would open and close to block out the sun from that window.
Talking about batcave.. I tired to watch the original batman movie from waay back since I became a fan of the whole franchise starting with Tim Burton's batman but I couldn't.. it was just.. bit too outdated to keep me interested haha

two-face coin replica for windows would be dope! you should try to DIY it at home depot or something.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #14

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman77 View Post
How would you rate this T.V. in comparison with a Panasonic TC-60GT50 plasma T.V.?

The only thing I can complain about on the Panny I own is slight line bleed sometimes on news shows, and it is pretty light.

When you put it on a green screen for TV Rating you can see it A LOT more.

But on regular T.V. I can barely see it.
Can't see it at all in gaming console menus or tv menus.
I really can't believe just HOW MUCH it shows on that TV RATING Green
screen though.

I'm just curious as to my annoyance compared to the LED/LCD tv annoyances.
I was thinking about switching them out but I don't want to if all of the TV's seem to have one little annoyance that comes with the picture in most cases.
And I'm pretty big on things bothering me too lol!

The Panny Plasma was about 1.9k
Awesome picture... much better than my five year old Samsung LCD/LED flat screen.

Not trying to start a Plasma/LCD/LED war.
Just wondering if virtually all of them have their one annoyance while viewing at times, and if anyone here knows or has
a Panasonic GT model to compare this model to overall.
I also have about 4 years old Panny plasma.. and I still LOVE that TV. Just wouldn't trust it to play games on it.. even with volume control or channel box that appears, the image stays on it for a bit so i'm get nervous about image retention all the time.

To be honest, I think LED/LCD caught up alot in terms of image quality but i still feel like my old Panny plasma produces great image quality and maybe even better.

I don't know why but last night i was watching a movie on my LG and noticed bit of soap opera effect.. maybe I turned on trumotion while i was watching some soccer game but I checked and that wasn't the case.. anyways that bothered me enough to turn off my LG and watch the movie on my panny plasma.

I kinda feel lucky to own both panny plasma and lg led.. but my lg gets more use because it's in the living room. Other than day time reflection issues and my new issue of soap opera effect which I noticed last night, I really like the LG.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #15

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
BEAUTIFUL!! Like your tastes daysgoby. Nice looking and clean man. Looks great.
Thanks Taygan315!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs