Best DigiBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Star Trek Trilogy Collection (Blu-ray)
$20.61

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Torchwood: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$11.81

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.89

Spartacus: War of the Damned - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$10.97

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Blu-ray)
$11.98

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$118.99

Neil Diamond: Hot August Night III - Recorded Live at the Greek Theatre, Los Angeles (Blu-ray)
$43.59
13 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99

South Park: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$10.15

Westworld: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases

Old 12-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #181
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
I'm not a big fan of NBK but I'm considering giving that movie a second chance just for the case.
Interstellar is now my holy grail.
It's definitely an acquired taste type film. I saw it in the theatre and loved it. Also has a very nice soundtrack too!
As is typical with most Oliver Stone films, there are a lot of big name actors in this. I'd recommend it, especially if you can get for the $14.99 original release price. Just be warned it is pretty violent!
Old 12-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #182
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
It's definitely an acquired taste type film. I saw it in the theatre and loved it. Also has a very nice soundtrack too!
As is typical with most Oliver Stone films, there are a lot of big name actors in this. I'd recommend it, especially if you can get for the $14.99 original release price. Just be warned it is pretty violent!
The only time I watched it I got about 15 to 20 minutes in before deciding it wasn't for me.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:05 PM   #183
Special Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
The only time I watched it I got about 15 to 20 minutes in before deciding it wasn't for me.
Keep in mind it's supposed to be satirical and plays on America's love and fascination with violence. In a way it's similar to Robocop in that regard. There is a lot of black humor in it, if you get past the vulgarity and violence it's actually a very funny movie. Robert Downey Jr. is awesome in it, and pretty much every actor no matter how small the role is nails the part. The sitcom sequence is a perfect send up of 80s sitcoms, and Woody soaks it up as he pauses and look at the audience as they applaud his entrance. And the swears are all bleeped to begin with but later they don't bother, which I find makes it funnier. "The piece of #### lawnmower is #######!"

Oh and depending on what stories you read, nbk started as a Tarantino script but a lot of it was re written. A lot of the character names remain intact, many of which are referenced or reused in other Tarantino films.

On a thread related note, would the Walmart Jason Bourne exclusive be considered a Neo Case? It has the same structure but with a matte cover. Either way I like it! I think I just need Ben Hur and Gremlins now to complete my collection!
1. "Serve the public trust"
2. "Protect the innocent"
3. "Uphold the law"
Old 12-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #184
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakdonark View Post
Keep in mind it's supposed to be satirical and plays on America's love and fascination with violence. In a way it's similar to Robocop in that regard. There is a lot of black humor in it, if you get past the vulgarity and violence it's actually a very funny movie. Robert Downey Jr. is awesome in it, and pretty much every actor no matter how small the role is nails the part. The sitcom sequence is a perfect send up of 80s sitcoms, and Woody soaks it up as he pauses and look at the audience as they applaud his entrance. And the swears are all bleeped to begin with but later they don't bother, which I find makes it funnier. "The piece of #### lawnmower is #######!"

Oh and depending on what stories you read, nbk started as a Tarantino script but a lot of it was re written. A lot of the character names remain intact, many of which are referenced or reused in other Tarantino films.

On a thread related note, would the Walmart Jason Bourne exclusive be considered a Neo Case? It has the same structure but with a matte cover. Either way I like it! I think I just need Ben Hur and Gremlins now to complete my collection!
I bought the WM exclusive for Jason Bourne. It's definitely not a Neo case. More like a digipak or digisleeve. Still very nice, IMO.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:00 AM   #185
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakdonark View Post

I'll definitely have to give it another chance.
As for the new Bourne movie, the only time trade in steels (or neocases) would be for collector sets, especially digibooks like Raiders, Star Wars, universal Mobsters and the Bourne series. I bought the digibook which contains a slot for the latest one, so I'll skip this neo/digipak one.

Oh, BTW, I got my holy grail NeoCase, interstellar! Thanks to a board member, and for a great price!

Last edited by hockeyshark91; 12-31-2016 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:55 AM   #186

Jun 2012
Singapore

Got Natural born killers today. Looks great together with my green mile and gravity diamond luxe edition as well as interstellar.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
hockeyshark91 (12-31-2016)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #187

Dec 2013

are these particular packagings no longer exist I mean new one upcoming ?!
Old 12-23-2017, 04:34 AM   #188
Expert Member

Feb 2014
Colorado USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayce20 View Post
are these particular packagings no longer exist I mean new one upcoming ?!
Looks like this line is dead...nothing for more than a year I believe. Shame really liked them. They did have a scratch problem. Was hoping they were working on a fix for that.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:14 AM   #189
Power Member

Feb 2012
Bakersfield, CA

Yup, looks like these died out. I didn't have the scratch problems with mine, but others reported problems. I liked the look and feel of these, but the "no hub" issue caused some problems too.

Overall a shame, these were a huge improvement over any digi-book. IMHO.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > DigiBooks, DigiPacks and Neo Cases