Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #36901
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
You like those two? Freddy's Dead how to be one of these worst sequels in any film franchise!
Tolerable =/= Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I like NOES 1, 3 and FvJ.

I like F13th 1, 2, 4, 6, Jason X, FvJ and remake.

Your take will probably be very different.
Thanks. I'm saving Freddy vs. Jason until I get through FT13.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old Yesterday, 11:31 PM   #36902
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Not really an opinion, but just a general question...

Is the Friday the 13th franchise better than A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise? I finished the ANOES series tonight and almost every sequel was terrible (the first is excellent). I sure hope that FT13 is not as sufferable to get through.
Due to the nature of the premise, NOES has some imagination and is actually quite creative. F13, while fun, does not possess any of those qualities.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #36903
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
Tolerable =/= Like
Here is the best part of Freddy's Revenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjfAy917gHg]

Also here is the best part about Freddy's Dead.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #36904
Special Member

Jul 2014

I just finished the six canon NOES movies. The first film is one of the best films of all time and The Dream Master makes for a fitting end to the series with Dream Warriors being a good bridge between the two movies given him much has changed by The Dream Master. So it works out as a pretty great trilogy.

Part 2 and Parts 5 are both worth watching once as Part 2 has a good story and Part 5 has some amazing death scenes but both are overall terrible and really not worth watching more than once.

And Freddy's Dead? I'd say it is one of the worst films of all time. **** that movie.
Old Today, 05:35 AM   #36905
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I just finished the six canon NOES movies. The first film is one of the best films of all time and The Dream Master makes for a fitting end to the series with Dream Warriors being a good bridge between the two movies given him much has changed by The Dream Master. So it works out as a pretty great trilogy.

Part 2 and Parts 5 are both worth watching once as Part 2 has a good story and Part 5 has some amazing death scenes but both are overall terrible and really not worth watching more than once.

And Freddy's Dead? I'd say it is one of the worst films of all time. **** that movie.
Got that right!
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Thanks given by:
Pizzamorg (Today)
Old Today, 06:12 AM   #36906
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Freddy's Dead is the worst in the series, sure, but "among the worst movies ever"? That's pushing it.

Also, Freddy's Revenge is the best movie in that franchise.

Also the remake is quite good.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old Today, 06:15 AM   #36907
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
USA

There's no way Freddy's Dead could be any worse than Oasis of the Zombies!
"We got this, man! We got this by the ass!"
Old Today, 06:18 AM   #36908
Special Member

Jul 2014

The thing about Freddy's Dead, the thing that makes it so bad, is all in the context. There are obviously worse films but to sit through crappy films like Part 2 and Part 5 and through genuinely great films like The Dream Master and genuine masterpieces like the original and then get to the ending and get.... that.

Not only is it an utter anti-climax for Freddy, but thanks to massive shifts in tone and complete disregard in continuity it doesn't even really work in the context of the franchise it's supposed to be wrapping up.

It's just insulting, and I hate it.
Old Today, 06:28 AM   #36909
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
The thing about Freddy's Dead, the thing that makes it so bad, is all in the context. There are obviously worse films but to sit through crappy films like Part 2 and Part 5 and through genuinely great films like The Dream Master and genuine masterpieces like the original and then get to the ending and get.... that.

Not only is it an utter anti-climax for Freddy, but thanks to massive shifts in tone and complete disregard in continuity it doesn't even really work in the context of the franchise it's supposed to be wrapping up.

It's just insulting, and I hate it.
In part 6 Freddy is pretty much a damn Looney Toon's character! Basically ruining whatever they had done in previous films. But i blame the horrible tone on the hack director Rachel Talalay. The other script they had called The Dream Love by Peter Jackson sounded way better.

Old Today, 06:33 AM   #36910
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Freddy's Dead > A Michael Bay on Elm Street
ಠ_ಠ
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #36911
Special Member

Jul 2014

I actually liked the Dream Cops script best, which had characters from previous films return in the dreams (since all the souls got freed at the end of part four - which this film doesn't even reference) with amped up powers guarding the dreams of the kids of Springwood from Freddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju View Post
Freddy's Dead > A Michael Bay on Elm Street
I'm only talking about the six canon movies which Freddy's dead is by far the low point, not that Part 2 or Part 5 are really that much better but at least they had redeeming qualities... Part six is just.... garbage.
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #36912
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
I actually liked the Dream Cops script best, which had characters from previous films return in the dreams (since all the souls got freed at the end of part four - which this film doesn't even reference) with amped up powers guarding the dreams of the kids of Springwood from Freddy.
Yeah, I read i had characters from previous films. you know if that script is online to read. What also pissed me off was there was no mention of Alice or her son, Jacob. Seeing how Alice was the main character for basically the last two films. And here not even a mention of either character.

And they killed Freddy with a stupid pipe bomb? Please!

Old Today, 07:09 AM   #36913
Special Member

Jul 2014

I read that script a few years ago now on some noes fansite dunno where you'd look now.

Yeah and Alice actually came back unlike whoever was the protagonist of part 3 that they went on to kill off at the start of part four. Seems a real insult to then just go ahead and retcon the last two films.

I guess they wanted to hark back to the ending of the first film but Maggie or whatever her name was is no Nancy.
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #36914
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011

Quote:
I read that script a few years ago now on some noes fansite dunno where you'd look now.

Yeah and Alice actually came back unlike whoever was the protagonist of part 3 that they went on to kill off at the start of part four. Seems a real insult to then just go ahead and retcon the last two films.

I guess they wanted to hark back to the ending of the first film but Maggie or whatever her name was is no Nancy.
Okay. I guess Google is our friend.

Patricia Arquette was the main character in the 3rd. But she didn't came back for whatever reason and was recast by Tuesday Knight and quickly deposed of then.

Like is said I blame the writer/director alot for screwing it up.

Old Today, 07:27 AM   #36915
Expert Member

Feb 2014
Midwest

tomato jump cut i loved
AUDIO = SB Audigy 2 ZS Soundcard--->Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 passthrough SPDIF--->Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Decoder. 10-inch, 188 watt sub-woofer. Owned for 8 years and thoroughly satisfied.
VIDEO = Nvidia GTX 560Ti--->DVI--->HDMI--->Acer 5360 - 3D DLP Projector My little baby! - Also 2 Nvidia3D Vision Glasses - On 2nd Bulb! 1st Bulb did 3048 hours, owned for 4 years!

BLU-RAY DRIVE = A Lite-On Blu-Ray 2010. SOFTWARE = Cyberlink PowerDVD 11.0 software on a Windows 7 64-Bit PC.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies