Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$18.69
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 3 2.11%
Two Stars 9 6.34%
Three Stars 17 11.97%
Four Stars 73 51.41%
Five Stars 40 28.17%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #601

Jan 2012
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
Decent movie at best, didn't really had much of a scare. It has quite a number of good scenes, but as a horror movie it didn't have the impact i expected. There is nothing great or bad in the movie, it just goes from one scare to another. The resolution at the end of the movie was too simple and covienient.
I had one of the worst experience watching it in the theater. A group of about 10 girls sitting back made nonsense chit-chat talk all throughout the movie and coupled with their continuous loud screams for every scene, its time i finally understood that its useless to visit a horor movie in theater especially when it is housefull.
Considering the high expectation i had for the movie and i came out pretty satisfied : 3.5/5
Disagree with your thoughts on the film itself, but I hear you on the experience of the crowd. I had it pretty bad myself when I saw it, but that's how good the movie was to me...I was able to still be really engrossed in the movie.

There was a group of guys and girls no more than 5 years younger than myself sitting over to my left and during that early scene where the family just moved in and they're checking out the noise with a lit match...one of the guys is like "man why isn't he using a flashlight?" One of the girls is like "they weren't invented yet".....lmfao! It's set in 1971, not 1871...

Of course, when flashlights are used later, I got a chuckle out of imagining how dumb she must feel.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #602

Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw1719 View Post
Disagree with your thoughts on the film itself, but I hear you on the experience of the crowd. I had it pretty bad myself when I saw it, but that's how good the movie was to me...I was able to still be really engrossed in the movie.

There was a group of guys and girls no more than 5 years younger than myself sitting over to my left and during that early scene where the family just moved in and they're checking out the noise with a lit match...one of the guys is like "man why isn't he using a flashlight?" One of the girls is like "they weren't invented yet".....lmfao! It's set in 1971, not 1871...

Of course, when flashlights are used later, I got a chuckle out of imagining how dumb she must feel.
The movie was well made, but it was not surprising enough for me and definitely didn't find scary at any time (may be this has to do with the crowd i was with ), but i do understand how others might feel towards this.
Other things happened when i watched this movie. One couple went out immediately after the wardrobe scene, dont know if this was because of the movie or something else. And when leaving the theater, there was a girl showing her hands to her friends saying how one of her friend grabbed her hand very hard and made bruises while watching the movie This kind of made me think, "am i watching the same movie or is this movie really that scary?" I dont have complaints regarding these events (this kind of add to your horror movie experience) unlike the girls screaming at my back.
The world is changed. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #603
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Middle-Earth

Saw it earlier today.

A really good scary movie, although it is not as scary as the hype would lead you to believe (like the R rating). It has a really nice creepy atmosphere and it builds up the suspense well. I did jump a few times (once I even shivered lol) and it has some good scary scenes. I didn't think the climax and resolution were all that great though . Still, recommended!

7.5/10
Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #604
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
Ireland

I seen it last night and I was very impressed with it. One of the best horror movies I have seen in a long time. It scared me good, more so because it is based on true events. 4/5
~
I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #605
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

Finally got around to watching this one. Loved the '70s setting. I watched it in a big empty house all alone past midnight and at least two moments made me scream out loud. I've never been a fan, but this is without a doubt the best thing James Wan has ever done. Mainstream horror is pretty dead but this and Sinister have been the best lately, and Id say this one is better since there is more story going on, more haunting imagery, and some better camera work. Conjuring doesn't break any new ground, but it hits all the right notes for a haunted house/ghost film. One of the biggest surprises of 2013 for sure.

This was really Rated R for being too scary for a PG13 film?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #606
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
South Carolina

This movie did what I hoped it would do. When we went to the theatre my Wife jumped out of her seat one time. Be good if Wan would do his version of Amityville.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #607
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboy2025 View Post
Saw it earlier today.

A really good scary movie, although it is not as scary as the hype would lead you to believe (like the R rating). It has a really nice creepy atmosphere and it builds up the suspense well. I did jump a few times (once I even shivered lol) and it has some good scary scenes. I didn't think the climax and resolution were all that great though . Still, recommended!

7.5/10
Thats more or less what I thought. A little bit disappointed to be honest and I think Insidious was better.
Leo needs new shoes...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies