Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Rush (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Theory of Everything (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Homeland: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Lost World (Blu-ray)
$15.26
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Casino (Blu-ray)
$5.75
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Power Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
1101
196
58
Default what AM I watching tonight?

i guess it's similar in tone to the "what are YOU watching tonight?" thread, but dedicated to those who can't make those sometimes difficult decisions on their own...

tonight my 3 choices would be...

Creature From the Black Lagoon 3D
Poltergeist
Evil Dead (2013)

most votes (if any) in the next 30 mins. wins...

EDIT: new rule

of course, anyone can submit any number of suggestions for any amount of time.... but it would be helpful if people would quote the posts from which they're making suggestions
Eat more pussycats.

Last edited by GaragePoet; 10-23-2014 at 04:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:13 AM   #2
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
129
2699
721
317
132
20
Default

Eeee, those three are a tough choice, I rank them all about the same. If it was me, I'd probably stick with Poltergeist. The Evil Dead as a close second.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #3
willieconway willieconway is online now
Senior Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Silicon Valley
1017
1
Default

Poltergeist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 AM   #4
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Power Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
1101
196
58
Default

"Poltergeist" has 2 votes w/ likely little time for anyone else to suggest otherwise...

i'm hoping this thread can be useful for other members like me, who can stare at their collection for 2 hours w/o deciding what to watch... just narrow it down to a handful of selections, and follow the people's word... they'll never let you down!
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:30 AM   #5
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
129
2699
721
317
132
20
Default

I personally just grab a big ol' stack of movies and use a random number generator to randomly pick one. I like the thread idea though, it just needs to gain readership. Maybe more time, like an hour or so, or half a day, will yield better results.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:31 AM   #6
Thomas Irwin Thomas Irwin is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Thomas Irwin's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-
70
Default

Poltergeist was my first inclination as well. Though Creature from the Black Lagoon would also be a really great watch.
”Always leave boiled rice out for mice and keep lamps dark out of pity for moths.” The ancients had this sort of concern, and it’s really the whole point of life, generation after generation. Without it, one can only be called a blockheaded carcass. - H.Z.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - T.P.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
Astro Zombie Astro Zombie is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Astro Zombie's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Florida
525
72
195
130
1
Default

All 3 are great. I'd personally go with Evil Dead
"If a beautiful woman cries and no one hears it, did she waste $700 on crying lessons at Adrien Brody's unaccredited acting school?"

10 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) The Matrix 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Thing 10) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #8
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Power Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
1101
196
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I like the thread idea though, it just needs to gain readership. Maybe more time, like an hour or so, or half a day, will yield better results.
thanks! that was just my immediate time for needing to start a movie before bed... i guess i could ask the same question tomorrow before i go to work & allow for several hours. this wasn't really thought out very well... hope people are able to just take it in whatever direction they want, w/ any movies in any duration of time...
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:13 AM   #9
Terrorfirmer Terrorfirmer is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Terrorfirmer's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Canada
534
286
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I personally just grab a big ol' stack of movies and use a random number generator to randomly pick one. I like the thread idea though, it just needs to gain readership. Maybe more time, like an hour or so, or half a day, will yield better results.
i need to start doing something like this, right now all my blus are in drawers, sorted by genre. ill literally stand there staring at them for like 20 min trying to decide what to watch. usually this ends with me feeling like i have nothing to watch and just walk away lol.

this thread is a good idea but i could see it getting cluttered...itd be neat to have like a movie of the week club (like book of the month club) everyone has to watch the chosen movie by sunday and then comment on it...that could be fun...

Last edited by Terrorfirmer; 10-23-2014 at 05:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
129
2699
721
317
132
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
i need to start doing something like this, right now all my blus are in drawers, sorted by genre. ill literally stand there staring at them for like 20 min trying to decide what to watch. usually this ends with me feeling like i have nothing to watch and just walk away lol.
Happens to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfirmer View Post
this thread is a good idea but i could see it getting cluttered...itd be neat to have like a movie of the week club (like book of the month club) everyone has to watch the chosen movie by sunday and then comment on it...that could be fun...
We did have a thing going like that, but it seems to have teetered off and died gradually due to lack of participation.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=157722
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #11
RWoods RWoods is offline
Active Member
 
RWoods's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
9
189
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
Creature From the Black Lagoon 3D
Poltergeist
Evil Dead (2013)
Evil Dead
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
Jaymole Jaymole is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jaymole's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
NYC
5720
4
Default

Creature From the Black Lagoon 3D
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #13
The Great Owl The Great Owl is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
2788
225
255
4
Default

The Creature from the Black Lagoon

The Creature is the coolest-looking Universal Monster, and Julie Adams is so, so, so fine.


Poltergeist would be my second choice, though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #14
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Power Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
1101
196
58
Default

i appreciate the continued enthusiasm, but i can already see the inherent flaw in this thread... if only there were a way to conduct a poll for a limited amount of time w/in a single post
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
RWoods RWoods is offline
Active Member
 
RWoods's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
9
189
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
i appreciate the continued enthusiasm, but i can already see the inherent flaw in this thread... if only there were a way to conduct a poll for a limited amount of time w/in a single post
I missed that it was yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
Red Dragon Red Dragon is offline
Expert Member
 
Red Dragon's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
North Charleston, South Carolina
324
Default Here's a suggestion...

Change your thread title to "What Will I Be Watching This Friday and/or Saturday Night" (depending on whatever best fits your schedule), and start the poll (with three, four or even five options - your choice) on either Sunday or Monday. By mid-afternoon Friday you can tally up the results (if there's no online poll screen for us to view) and announce the winner.

If you use this suggestion then I should like to retain any and all movie rights (distribution and first right of sequel, as well as novelization rights both foreign and domestic + 5% of the backend profits and 50% of all merchandising).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
GaragePoet GaragePoet is offline
Power Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
1101
196
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon View Post
Change your thread title to "What Will I Be Watching This Friday and/or Saturday Night" (depending on whatever best fits your schedule), and start the poll (with three, four or even five options - your choice) on either Sunday or Monday. By mid-afternoon Friday you can tally up the results (if there's no online poll screen for us to view) and announce the winner.
thanks, i was just hoping this could be a useful way for other members who couldn't make a choice between a few different movies to get suggestions from other members... oh well. experiment is ultimately flawed & failed....
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
Red Dragon Red Dragon is offline
Expert Member
 
Red Dragon's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
North Charleston, South Carolina
324
Default Ummm ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
thanks, i was just hoping this could be a useful way for other members who couldn't make a choice between a few different movies to get suggestions from other members... oh well. experiment is ultimately flawed & failed....
So ...does this mean I don't get any merchandising rights??? Rats!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #19
Terrorfirmer Terrorfirmer is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Terrorfirmer's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Canada
534
286
11
Default

something like this is a great idea...its just figuring out how to do it...if something could be worked out where we pair up 2 members for a week and they choose a title from the other persons collection for them to watch on the weekend...or maybe if some posts "what should i watch" and then members can choose a film from the persons collection and then pm them the suggestion...that way it can be done any day any time and the thread wont get all cluttered, just have to pay attention to the time of the op youre responding to so were not sending people pms days after they posted...idk probably none of this would work lol.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05 PM.