Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last House on the Left (Blu-ray)
£24.99
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
£17.99
Dark Blue (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Metropolitan (Blu-ray)
£17.99
Truly, Madly, Deeply (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Ice Cold in Alex (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
£4.99
The LEGO Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
£7.46
Troy: Fall of A City (Blu-ray)
£20.99
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (Blu-ray)
£12.99
Ship of Fools (Blu-ray)
£14.99
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
£4.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 11-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #921

Jun 2010
Leeds, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijacmad View Post
Mine just arrived from Amazon.co.uk with HDN (Yodel) suprisingly early - box in perfect condition - however usual crappy amazon packaging, box with a sheet of brown paper, the set face down rattling around..

The plexiglass cover looks a high potential prone to lotsa fine scratches/fingerprints so bought myself a 20 disc holder case just for this set alone - too much hastle opening all this for playing one disc - lovely set though, better than the german photos gave the impression of.
rare for amazon to get it so early - still waiting for mine to enter "dispatching soon"
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #922
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

I cancelled my Limited Edition order and ordered the regular edition instead. I don't feel like dealing with potential packaging issues like the glue on top of potential shipping issues importing this set to the US poses.

I'll send the request of an unboxing for the UK regular edition. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to avoid cardboard sleeves without purchasing that incredibly flimsy Australian set, which I won't be doing.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #923
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdonwhite View Post
rare for amazon to get it so early - still waiting for mine to enter "dispatching soon"
Same here. Must be Prime members who are getting it early.

In September, my Titanic didn't change to shipping soon until Sunday night. It turned up 9AM Monday morning.

Fully expecting my Hitchcock, Totoro and Cagliostro to do the same thing.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #924

Nov 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthetic View Post
Same here. Must be Prime members who are getting it early.

In September, my Titanic didn't change to shipping soon until Sunday night. It turned up 9AM Monday morning.

Fully expecting my Hitchcock, Totoro and Cagliostro to do the same thing.
Nope I no longer have prime & just re-ordered (cancelled my original order few months ago) last week using 1st class shipping option, just must of been lucky and a received a lowish number too - 0875
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #925
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

I received mine from Play today - got number 0630. I suppose that can be easily beaten
Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #926

Sep 2010
Southampton, England

I got 0426.

Mine too has slight glue marks, but it's not a full line, just little parts along a line. Annoying as hell, but I'm happy with the whole set it's really nice.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #927
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Great Britain

Rule: I'm not buying a blu unless either steelbook/slipcover/digibook but will if its a film I really enjoy or limited
Update : Tue 18th Sep 2012 - Added 56 to Steels part 3/3, 27 to slips 2, 25 to LE

Steelbooks 1 (150) Steelbooks 2 (150) Steelbooks 3 (67) Limited Editions (120) Slips 1/2 (150)
Slips 2/2 (150) Digibooks (6)
Old 11-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #928
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2012

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricster View Post

Thanks for the pics ricster...the set looks lovely next to that beautiful textured wallpaper!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #929
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
Virginia, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndFluid View Post
Surprised to hear this. My steelbook for "Cabin in the Woods" from HMV got "lost in the post" and by the time the 14 days they ask you to wait for delivery were up they had sold out. The recall corrected disc arrived automatically with no fuss and without me having to even ask for it before the 14 days of the original delivery were up. When I complained about the 14 day wait to prove item hadn't been delivered meant I lost out on something I'd pre-ordered months in advance they went to the warehouse to see if there were any returns that might be acceptable. Told me they had one with a slight dent in I could have free of charge. It arrived still wrapped and had no dent I could find anywhere, so I'm a happy customer.

Amazon may have changed, but I raised the XBox HD-DVD issue with them and they never came back to me. Was seriously hacked off that someone who'd ordered an item 4 months in advance got nothing whilst someone who ordered 3 days in advance got the item just because they paid for first class delivery.

HMV deliveries have become unreliable since they switched to TNT earlier this year. I used to get titles with free postage on the Saturday before release. Nowadays it's usually the Tuesday after release with titles arriving early on the Monday of release being the exception rather than the rule. But Amazon have never got me a title on the day of release. The "free postage" option invariably seems to mean the item gets despatched on the Monday of release, or at the very earliest, very late on Sunday night and I don't think I've ever had a title before the Tuesday after release, and often it's more like the Wednesday or Thursday.
You got really lucky then. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that lost out on something pre-ordered months in advance.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #930

Jul 2012
Uppsala, Sweden.

Yee!!! Mine was dispatched today. Should reach me by the end of next week!!!
Equipment: Panasonic Plasma 55" TX-P55VT30Y, Dark room + THX setting, OPPO BDP-93EU Multiregion, Creative 2.1 Speakers. 700 Bluray Discs. 100 DVDs left, mostly TV series.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #931

Nov 2009
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by *PREACHER* View Post

Thanks for the pics ricster...the set looks lovely next to that beautiful textured wallpaper!!!
At least he has the set regardless of wallpaper .... Biyotch
Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #932
Special Member

Jul 2010
Coventry, UK

Mine arrived today from Sainsburys (LE). Really nice touch regarding the numbering. The set looks stunning in the flesh.

My only problem is there is glue everywhere. Whoever was putting these together went trigger happy with the glue gun!

Not sure how the hell glue has got on the soft foam where the book sits so I've had to wipe off glue from the book (which took a long time as it was not easy getting it off). I ended up cutting some paper to the size of the slot and having that sit inside the hole so that the book stays clean.

EDIT: Does nobody have the standard set yet? Wondering how it's packaged.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #933

Aug 2008

Yes some pics from the standart edition would be nice
Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #934
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

Mine has dispatched finally. Should arrive in a couple weeks.
There simply is no other place on the internet. Blu-ray.com
If you are not paying for the best you are getting ripped off by the worst.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #935
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijacmad View Post
At least he has the set regardless of wallpaper .... Biyotch
FYI...completely serious 'bout the wallpaper and happy he has the set...iz all I'm sayin'!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #936
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

How big are the movie poster cards? It would be nice to use them as sleeves for individual blu-ray cases. Except they look like they might be DVD size.
There simply is no other place on the internet. Blu-ray.com
If you are not paying for the best you are getting ripped off by the worst.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #937
Special Member

Jul 2010
Coventry, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
How big are the movie poster cards? It would be nice to use them as sleeves for individual blu-ray cases. Except they look like they might be DVD size.
They're nowhere near DVD or BD size. They're postcard size (approx).
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #938
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

My standard version is shipped.
Trust No One
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #939
Expert Member

Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro

My order of The Limited Edition has been dispatched .
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #940
Banned

Sep 2012

My "Collector's edition" copy from Amazon (with free shipping) was delivered this morning. Looks great in the display case. Glad I paid the extra for this over the standard edition.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland