Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Big Combo (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Kong: Skull Island 3D (Blu-ray)
£9.69

Force of Evil (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno (Blu-ray)
£8.99
11 hrs ago
The Mystery of Picasso (Blu-ray)
£8.99
17 hrs ago
Ramrod (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Dark River (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Journeyman (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Eyeball (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Porky's Revenge (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
£14.99

The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
£9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 10-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #1581

Feb 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
It's amazing how cheap this set is at the moment. I fear that they want to get rid of this set asap because they have something planned like a 4K release, or something
It could just be getting cheaper packaging, like the Twin Peaks set did when Universal re-issued that and the original set was going for peanuts.

I got one from Sainsbury's at the weekend, really glad I held off for so long now!
Old 10-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #1582

Dec 2013

Update from Amazon..arrival in the US is now November 11th and 14th.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:55 AM   #1583

Aug 2010

I received my copy today. I contacted Amazon UK and they sent it Global Priority (about 3 days)
Old 11-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #1584

Jan 2016
Tivoli (Rome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocophone View Post
I received my copy today. I contacted Amazon UK and they sent it Global Priority (about 3 days)
Same for me, it took a while to ship but they sent it with tracked shipping without additional charges.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:02 AM   #1585
Power Member

Oct 2010
The Milky Way

To those that got their set for 20 or so.....

What sort of packaging is the set in?

Is it digibook, , or something more plain?
"We're not writing pages for the Bible here. This is movies. There are no rules. And only one commandment: tell the story the best damn way you know how. Video is a compromise medium to begin with, so a little revisionism in the service of a better viewing experience is, I think, justifiable and desirable."
Old 11-18-2016, 08:21 AM   #1586
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Aberdeen

It is a hardback book with stiff carboard "pages" and with the disks slipped into slots between the cardboard, inside a sturdy cardboard case. Similar to the James Bond 50 set although a completely different aspect ratio. Its a quality set. The way the disks are held is not ideal but it doesn't bother me and allows the set to be quite compact.

If you look at it on Amazon, one of the reviewers has posted a lot of pics that show you what its like.
What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?

All things prog | Yes World | DVD Basen | Home | MX-5 | Nausicaa | ET | My Criterion
Old 11-18-2016, 09:17 AM   #1587
Expert Member

Feb 2015
Meath

Less than 19 on amazon at the moment
Old 11-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #1588
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superted View Post
If the packaging is still the same, some pics posted earlier in the thread;

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRaver View Post
I received the UK standard edition from Zavvi today. It does have book-style packaging, no additional book is included. "Vertigo" is missing the original mono sound, "Psycho" however does include the episode from "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" that is missing from the US (stand-alone) release and has original mono in lossless DTS-HD MA. The disc art seems to be identical to the limited edition. Some photos:

[Show spoiler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPthenaughtyboy View Post
Some pics that i took from the UK digibook

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection Digibook BD UK

[Show spoiler]

Thanks given by:
Heinz-Klett (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #1589
Power Member

Oct 2010
The Milky Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superted View Post
Less than 19 on amazon at the moment
If that's the price for the digipak edition you'd do yourself a favour to get it if you don't already have it.
"We're not writing pages for the Bible here. This is movies. There are no rules. And only one commandment: tell the story the best damn way you know how. Video is a compromise medium to begin with, so a little revisionism in the service of a better viewing experience is, I think, justifiable and desirable."
Old 11-20-2016, 10:44 AM   #1590
Expert Member

Feb 2015
Meath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post
If that's the price for the digipak edition you'd do yourself a favour to get it if you don't already have it.
I bought it when it was around 25 a few months back. Without a doubt my best single blu ray purchase and the standard all multi disc sets should be judged.

Absolutely wonderful packaging
Old 01-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #1591
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011
Connecticut

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of which discs on the UK set do not feature an options for the original audio? I know that Vertigo is one of them. Are there any others?

I have had the UK set forever but I am on a big "original audio" kick lately and would ideally like to buy single disc releases of the films that have the original audio available (like the US Vertigo release).
"A lust for Blu-rays keeps us alive."

HD Digital Codes For Sale (PM me): Die Hard, It Follows, Nocturnal Animals

Last edited by PrestonXI; 01-16-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #1592

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonXI View Post
Can anyone give me a quick rundown of which discs on the UK set do not feature an options for the original audio? I know that Vertigo is one of them. Are there any others?

I have had the UK set forever but I am on a big "original audio" kick lately and would ideally like to buy single disc releases of the films that have the original audio available (like the US Vertigo release).
Everything else is the original soundtrack as far as I know. I too really prefer any original soundtrack but to be fair the Vertigo remix is subtle... especially if you channel it through two speakers instead of five.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #1593

Feb 2011
USA

I'm sure it has been asked many times, but I apologize as I didnt see it answered in my brief look...what is the difference/s between the region A masterpiece edition and the region free?

TIA

edit-
looks like no NxNW and it's cheaper?

damn, NxNW so good thoe

Last edited by santasangria; 02-15-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #1594
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by santasangria View Post
I'm sure it has been asked many times, but I apologize as I didnt see it answered in my brief look...what is the difference/s between the region A masterpiece edition and the region free?

TIA

edit-
looks like no NxNW and it's cheaper?

damn, NxNW so good thoe
The UK discs of PSYCHO and VERTIGO are different too.

Vertigo - UK disc drops the original mono audio, only has the modern remixed audio

Psycho - original audio is lossless, unlike US release, and UK also adds a bonus episode Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Thanks given by:
santasangria (02-20-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #1595
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Also note that the disc of NxNW included in the US boxset is not identical to the standalone commercial US disc, it drops the isolated score audio track. You could be better off just buying the UK set and buying NxNW separately, unless you MUST have the original audio on Vertigo, like me.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #1596
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Probably still substantially cheaper to buy the Uk Masterpiece set and the US Vertigo disc with intact Mono separately unless you have to have an identical set and no repeats
Ah, good point, I forgot the American Vertigo disc is available on its own now, it wasn't available outside the boxset for a long time.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland