Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Rio Grande (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 AM   #1

May 2009
Default Pause during play

I recently purchased a Panasonic DMP-BD605 Blu-Ray player. It has worked great during DVD playback. However, occasionally during Blu-Ray playback it will pause briefly then resume play without any intervention. It happened once during Iron Man blu-ray and once during The Day The Earth Stood Still. Is this normal for a blu-ray player? I know DVD players would occasionally have a brief pause during play. Didn't know if this was also normal for blu-ray players. Firmware is up to date. This model player just came out I believe.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin
Question

Not sure I ever noticed that on a DVD, hopefully this is something that is correctible. The only "pause" I ever noticed on my blu-ray player is while it's loading Face/Off but I think that was a faulty copy.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Special Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmeist View Post
I recently purchased a Panasonic DMP-BD605 Blu-Ray player. It has worked great during DVD playback. However, occasionally during Blu-Ray playback it will pause briefly then resume play without any intervention. It happened once during Iron Man blu-ray and once during The Day The Earth Stood Still. Is this normal for a blu-ray player? I know DVD players would occasionally have a brief pause during play. Didn't know if this was also normal for blu-ray players. Firmware is up to date. This model player just came out I believe.

I also have this problem with my DMP-605. I exchanged it twice and the problem persisted. I went to the AVS forums and found out others are having similar problems. I noticed that is happening a lot with the 605 and not with the 60. They are supposed to be the same player though.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmeist View Post
That is not "normal". Like the post above me mentioned that seems to be a problem with your particular BD player. I would exchange it.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #5

Mar 2009

I experienced this on my BD80 with one or two BD movies. But that was before I updated the FW. Since then, I have had no problems nor have I seen it pause during playback. As stated above, if you have already updated the FW to the latest version and it's still mis-behaving, first, make sure the disk is PERFECTLY CLEAN. If it's still doing it on the same movie, exchange the unit.
Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi AVR
Panasonic-S77 DVD/DVD-A
Definitive Technology Pro-Cinema 100 Speakers
(Sub/Sat)
Panasonic BD80
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #6

May 2009

Thanks for all the helpful info. It turns out my firmware is not up to date, so hopefully upgraded software takes care of the problem.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders