Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Disney Infinity 2.0 - Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$39.99
17 hrs ago
Watch Dogs (PS3)
$19.96

WWE 2K15 (PS3)
$39.00

The Voice: I Want You (PS3)
$24.99

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$14.98

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PS3)
$34.62
2 hrs ago
Just Dance 2015 (PS3)
$25.00
25 min ago
Destiny (PS3)
$39.99

Dark Souls II (PS3)
$19.99

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
$24.99

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3)
$39.00

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (PS3)
$29.99

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
$29.96

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 10-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #2141
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopan View Post
As much as I was waiting for this game too, I have way too many games to play anyway. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit should suffice.
True, true. Thanks for reminding me. I was prepared to choose between the two. I'm not saying I'm alright with another delay. I mean, they're just ****ing with us at this point and I don't see how anybody isn't completely pissed off here. I'd really feel better if they told us why. Have they? I haven't read that far back?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #2142

Sep 2008
Denmark

It's not like the world is going to go under just because the game has been delayed a little bit...

Personally, I was upset that it got delayed, but this gives me time to play Force Unleashed II, Fallout: New Vegas and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which would have otherwise been played after I had "completed" GT5
Total platinums: 84 --- Favorite/Proudest platinums | Batman: Arkham Asylum - Dark Souls - Dark Souls II - Demon's Souls - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Red Dead Redemption
Old 10-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #2143
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2005
England

I've cancelled my order - but not in protest! If it's delayed beyond November then I can't justify spending money on myself when it's Christmas. So GT5 will come my way most likely in January.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #2144
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post
It's not like the world is going to go under just because the game has been delayed a little bit...

Personally, I was upset that it got delayed, but this gives me time to play Force Unleashed II, Fallout: New Vegas and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which would have otherwise been played after I had "completed" GT5
that's probably good news, because it might be 2012 before you can "complete" GT5 in its entirety!
Madden 2011: GoMikeVickGo, 75-36, 2% DNF, Avg Opponent Lvl = 5
Madden Leagues: Patriots (8-0), Eagles (12-0), Lions Fantasy (6-2)
Old 10-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #2145
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terjyn View Post
Gee, and when I said I didn't believe November 2nd people told me I was overreacting.

Right now this game is vaporware, and will remain so until the day it is on shelves

This fall's already incredibly weak lineup just got weaker. Tons of games, no substance.
You are overreacting
PSN:Bageara
Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #2146

Jul 2010
Texas

Well this now means I probably won't be getting GT5 for quite a while. Between Black Ops and NFS Hot Pursuit, those will keep me through Christmas for sure.
Samsung 40" LED LCD | Samsung BD-P1600 | Onkyo HT-S3300
Xbox 360 MW2 Edition (250gb) | PS3 Slim (250gb)
Old 10-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #2147
Expert Member

Aug 2007

Word on the street (aka, neogaf) is that the delay was caused by having to update the SDK that GT 5 was built on to 3.50 just before the game went gold. The update was mandated by SCE so that it couldn't be pirated (at least, not right away). It cost them only a week but they missed their original production deadline, and now Sony's scrambling to find a new production window to squeeze in about 7 million dual-layer blu-rays.

So, blame the pirates, basically.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #2148
Special Member

Dec 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Today was the day I was going to pick up my 2nd PS3. The one I'm getting for GT5. Saw the news minutes before I was going to leave the house to go get it. Maybe next month then.
Next month is when it was coming out...or do you mean december?
36" and 30" SONY WEGA 720/1080i CRTs- White PS4, 4 Games PS3-160G. PS3 Games. 52. 32 Plhttp://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/NightShark08.pngus. 3 Psn games. 35 Blus. Elite 120g 360, 7 games.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #2149
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
Send a message via MSN to Nerdkiller likes BD Send a message via Skype™ to Nerdkiller likes BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by androvsky View Post
Word on the street (aka, neogaf) is that the delay was caused by having to update the SDK that GT 5 was built on to 3.50 just before the game went gold. The update was mandated by SCE so that it couldn't be pirated (at least, not right away). It cost them only a week but they missed their original production deadline, and now Sony's scrambling to find a new production window to squeeze in about 7 million dual-layer blu-rays.

So, blame the pirates, basically.
Well if it only took them a week, lets just hope that they don't schedule the game's new release date at the END of November. I can't wait that long.
"GIT OUTTA MY OFFICE!" -Matt Groening

My stance on Anime...I just can't understand any of it, everyone is either a 10 year old girl or a monster.

"NANOMACHINES, SON!"

Please...just call me NK if you're chatting to me.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #2150

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
Well if it only took them a week, lets just hope that they don't schedule the game's new release date at the END of November. I can't wait that long.
an early December release is most likely.

manufacturing seven (7) million Blu-ray discs, for Gran Turismo 5, during a time when facilities are already booked to manufacture other discs is quite the logistical challenge.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #2151

Nov 2008
VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
I'm not sure whether to laugh or be disappointed in this news. It was expected seeing what this game has gone through.

I'm going to guess on March 2011 at this point when I will actually have the game in hand, but I hope I'm very wrong.
Not sure if this was already pointed out or not but the official gran turismo site says "Holiday 2010", not "Holiday season" (vague) like I originally thought. So hopefully assuming they purposefully mentioned "2010" then it will actually be released before Dec 31st 2010. Keeping my fingers crossed

Gran Turismo® 5
Console: PLAYSTATION®3
Release Date: Holiday 2010
Number of players: 1-2 (Online: up to 16)
Genre: Racing
Rating: "E"
TV: 50" Panasonic G10
Fronts: PSB Imagine T
Center: PSB Imagine C
Surrounds: PSB Image S50
Sub: HSU STF-1
Receiver: Yamaha 663
Amp: Emotiva UPA-7
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #2152
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightShark009 View Post
Next month is when it was coming out...or do you mean december?
It means I was going to buy a 2nd PS3 this month. Now maybe I will pick it up next month. Depends when the new release date is.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 10-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #2153
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Bartow, FL

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1128013p1.html

Quote:
When announcing Gran Turismo 5's delay yesterday, Sony said the game was still on schedule for release before the end of the year.

Of course, considering how long you've had to wait for this first full PS3 Gran Turismo game, we wouldn't blame you if you were a bit suspicious about this promise.

To alleviate your concerns just a bit, here's what Polyphony president Kazunori Yamauchi had to say on the matter at his Twitter earlier today. A follower ask that he try to get GT5 out before the end of the year. Yamauchi's response was, "I believe we won't keep you waiting until then."

Looks like Yamauchi feels the game is still on track for 2010 release!

In a separate Tweet, Yamauchi touched briefly upon why the delay happened in the first place. Apparently, finalizing some areas of the game's more complicated systems is taking time.

Yamauchi apologized to fans twice in this single Tweet, so we'll let it slide... as long as GT5 does make it out this year. Don't let us down!
TV: Sony KDL-52XBR9
Audio: Sony DAV-HDX576WF HTIB
Computer: Sony Vaio svE17127CXB
Gaming: Sony "Fat" PlayStation 3 500GB / Sony PlayStation 4 1TB / Sony PlayStation Vita
PSN ID: Toyamaha
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #2154

Nov 2009

Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Was sad to hear about the delay but it's good to hear that the game is complete and they just have to incorporate that the game requires 3.50 firmware.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #2155
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

This is just getting beyond ridiculous

Last edited by Mobe1969; 10-14-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #2156
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

This is like waiting for Guns and Roses Chinese Democracy. Keeps getting delayed and delayed to make it perfect.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #2157
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2006
Stowe, Pennsylvania
Default possible reason to the delay

http://www.maxconsole.net/content.ph...for-GT-5-delay
360/X-Box One: CMaggotbone
PS3/PS4: GrimReaper4383 PSN Level: 28 8/25/14
Trophy 6,900 11/30/14 PS+ Member Since 12/6/2010
Pre-Ordered: 4 Games & 1 Blu-Ray
Destiny "Gunsmith" Destiny "Public Events"
FaceBook My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles
My PS3 Games My PS4 Games My Xbox One Games
Old 10-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #2158
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Bartow, FL

http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/gr...ay-11-2-a.html

http://www.gtplanet.net/

Quote:
As reaction to Gran Turismo 5’s delay spreads around the web, one very important question remains unanswered: why? A detailed explanation will most likely never be given, but that won’t stop us from speculating. First up, Taku Imasaki (North American GT5 producer) offers a vague look at what’s been happening on the “inside” via an interview with the New York Times:

“We’re really close, but this was an executive decision that was made yesterday. Realistically, we thought we had a good date. We’re not happy over here.”

This somewhat confusing statement wasn’t lost on the Times editor, who didn’t hesitate to add “there was also speculation that Sony might not have sufficient supplies of the game to meet demand in November”. This speculation was later supported by a comment from a Sony Canada spokesperson to Reuters Canada, clearly stating that “production difficulties were to blame for the delay”.

On a similarly positive note, I have been privately informed that review copies of GT5 were only briefly postponed and should still be in reviewer’s hands within the next few weeks. I can also report Sony is targeting a new release window within approximately 8-12 days after November 26th (“Black Friday” in the United States).

Regardless of what’s really going on, Yamauchi has personally apologized to fans via Twitter:

“Apologies for the delay. It’s because time and labor were spent ironing the kinks out of a complex system. I’m really sorry. Everyone, it’s inexcusable… Wait a little longer.”

We’ll find out exactly how long a “little longer” is very soon.
Quote:
A GameReactor associate in Tokyo, Gregor Wildermann, has reportedly made contact with Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi for further clarification on Gran Turismo 5’s production status:

"[Kazunori Yamauchi's] reply was that the game was only three days late from their side, and that Sony has to decide what that means for the release."

This aligns with the other information I’ve received about review copies and release windows, and further suggests that GT5’s ultimate new release date will be determined by Blu-Ray production schedules – not software development.
Quote:
More information is slowly filtering out about GT5’s delay, and it fits in neatly with everything else we’ve learned about the game’s production in the past 24 hours. Here’s what was recently posted by Maximus – a respected moderator at the Blu-Ray.com forums with reported connections to Sony:

"Like I said it is manufacturing issues. I had it confirmed today.

The problem arose when SCE mandated SDK 350 on all games releasing after after October, GT5 was about to go gold running on SDK 341, but it has been delayed by around a week so that they can update to SDK 350. This has caused a big headache for the manufacturing side, given how big this game is missing the gold date by even a week can cause a months worth of delay as slots are already taken up at this time of year for Blu-ray movies and such. So Sony had to find a 3 week slot big enough to make 7m+ copies of this and get them shipped out.

If you want to blame anyone, I would direct it at the pirates and hackers, SCE never had any real SDK restrictions before firmware 3.41 was compromised."

After getting attention from news outlets such as Eurogamer and TheSixthAxis, evidence of the post has since been removed, but it offers a very reasonable explanation about why Polyphony Digital missed their production window by only 3 days. Sure enough, the new PS3 3.50 firmware is considerably more secure than 3.41 and preventing distribution of a 3.41-compatible GT5 will ensure that it can’t be pirated (for now).
TV: Sony KDL-52XBR9
Audio: Sony DAV-HDX576WF HTIB
Computer: Sony Vaio svE17127CXB
Gaming: Sony "Fat" PlayStation 3 500GB / Sony PlayStation 4 1TB / Sony PlayStation Vita
PSN ID: Toyamaha
Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 AM   #2159
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Send a message via AIM to caliblue15 Send a message via MSN to caliblue15 Send a message via Yahoo to caliblue15

Cats out of the bag, no more insider info for us...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playstation MVP - http://us.playstation.com/ambassador...nd-conditions/

Kansas State Wildcats - Rebuilding
Kansas City Chiefs - 8-0
Kansas City Royals- A Winning Season!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #2160
Blu-ray Baron

May 2009
Team Dai-Gurren

Now all we could do is just wait..... again.
PSN/Steam ID: kotsedriver

"You cannot change fate. However, you can rise to meet it, if you so choose."
Princess Mononoke (1997)

PlayStation 4: GREATNESS AWAITS

Formerly known as kotsedriver
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3