Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Black Sabbath (AIP Cut) $10.73 (26% claimed)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.04
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.27
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 12-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #6521

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Watching DTM racing on Speed channel. They only have Audis and Mercedes racing this season.
Next DTM season BMW will be racing again and in 2013 DTM will be coming to the US. It will be a support race for GRAND-AM and NASCAR.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #6522
Special Member

Sep 2009

Just got this for Christmas and installing now! Can't wait to get it going!
PSN: heathisking
Old 12-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #6523
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
Next DTM season BMW will be racing again and in 2013 DTM will be coming to the US. It will be a support race for GRAND-AM and NASCAR.
I just got a sweet new DTM ride.

To bad it was only a pipe dream to see it compete in the DTM
PSN= Jafo_
Old 12-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #6524
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post

I wish there were American Le Mans events in the game. I saw 1 American Le Mans car in the used car lot, didn't have the money for it. The hottest woman race car driver in the world races American Lemans and she is an excellent driver. She is Venezuelan and her name is Milka Duno.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Milka? Don't mind if I do...
Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #6525
Expert Member

Sep 2009
TX

Got this for Christmas today.

I played it for a little while before starting to download the updates (3 hours yay). I'm really enjoying it so far, but B-spec is enough to drive me nuts. What are some good tips for a beginner, or even a good site to read up on it?
Samsung UN65HU8550
Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 1700
Fronts: Polk Monitor 70s
Center: Polk CS2
Rears: Polk Monitor 60s
Old 12-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #6526
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Just wondering about adding the "racing modifications" to my Lotus Elise. I think it costs about 120,000 credits... what am i getting for that money? Looking at the picture, it just seems like I'm getting different rims and some stickers on the body of the car. Has anyone gotten this for their Elise? Is it worth the money? I'm a level 20 on A-Spec and have added the racing modification to my ZO6 and can definitely see the difference... but I'm wondering if it actually does anything to the Elise. Thanks.
Dodgers, Packers, Lakers, and F1 fan.

PSN: Dodger_Blue311

Last edited by volcomsocal; 12-25-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #6527
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf View Post
Got this for Christmas today.

I played it for a little while before starting to download the updates (3 hours yay). I'm really enjoying it so far, but B-spec is enough to drive me nuts. What are some good tips for a beginner, or even a good site to read up on it?
Pick a driver with a "cool" personality, use a car with good power, a lowered suspension, and the stickiest tires you can use. Don't overuse the "increase pace" button and you should be able to win races... be patient.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #6528

Sep 2008
Denmark

Okay, how on Earth are you supposed to be able to complete the X2010 special event when you can't even have half a tire outside the track without being disqualified?!?

Even the license tests allow for a sliver of off the track driving without disqualifying you...

And don't even get me started on the impossible time requirements on the events!
TOTAL PLATINUMS: 118 --- FAVORITE/PROUDEST: Batman: Arkham Asylum / Bloodborne / Dark Souls / Dark Souls II / Dark Souls III / Demon's Souls / Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots / Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain / Red Dead Redemption
Old 12-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #6529
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsocal View Post
Just wondering about adding the "racing modifications" to my Lotus Elise. I think it costs about 120,000 credits... what am i getting for that money? Looking at the picture, it just seems like I'm getting different rims and some stickers on the body of the car. Has anyone gotten this for their Elise? Is it worth the money? I'm a level 20 on A-Spec and have added the racing modification to my ZO6 and can definitely see the difference... but I'm wondering if it actually does anything to the Elise. Thanks.
I did it after I had already modified the car quite a bit, only to find out I lost all those mods when I did the race mod! It did lighten it a bit more, but that might have been the fact that I didn't do the stage 3 on it before hand and you get to add down force front & back. Don't know if adding wings in the GT Auto will also do the front for far cheaper. All in all, IMO, it was a wash for what little gains I did see.

Now if you have not sunk any money into it yet, you would likely save some money doing it first.
PSN= Jafo_
Old 12-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #6530
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post
Okay, how on Earth are you supposed to be able to complete the X2010 special event when you can't even have half a tire outside the track without being disqualified?!?

Even the license tests allow for a sliver of off the track driving without disqualifying you...

And don't even get me started on the impossible time requirements on the events!
I have not gotten that far yet Everyone on GTPlanet is saying that it is by far the hardest challenge in the game, "makes Golding all the licenses a cake walk" I remember reading over there. Not looking forward to it for sure.
PSN= Jafo_
Old 12-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #6531
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Another question. Why is there no 1/4 mile drag strip to test your car on???

GT4 had it. Why not GT5???

Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #6532

Sep 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
I have not gotten that far yet Everyone on GTPlanet is saying that it is by far the hardest challenge in the game, "makes Golding all the licenses a cake walk" I remember reading over there. Not looking forward to it for sure.
I was 15 seconds slower than the bronze requirement on the Nürburgring GP circuit and I really can't see how it's possible to do the 2-laps 30 seconds faster than that for the gold requirement...

Honestly, I like a good challenge as much as anyone, but some of the time requirements means you'd have to be a professional racing driver (or have no life at all) to complete the events...
TOTAL PLATINUMS: 118 --- FAVORITE/PROUDEST: Batman: Arkham Asylum / Bloodborne / Dark Souls / Dark Souls II / Dark Souls III / Demon's Souls / Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots / Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain / Red Dead Redemption
Old 12-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #6533
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post

Even though its tedious, you literally have to only play with the X2010 until you beat them. The car handles like nothing else in the game and you have to really learn its feel like your back hand.

Though after finally competing the challenge and being completely in-tune with the x2010, when you go back to "regular" cars like the Minolta or Sauber, they'll seem like slugs

One thing that helped me was turning off all HUD. Don't focus on instruments, laps, time, nothing but the car. Sounds like jedi training.
Hello Everynyan! How are you, fine thank you.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:51 AM   #6534

Sep 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo_chichi View Post
Even though its tedious, you literally have to only play with the X2010 until you beat them. The car handles like nothing else in the game and you have to really learn its feel like your back hand.

Though after finally competing the challenge and being completely in-tune with the x2010, when you go back to "regular" cars like the Minolta or Sauber, they'll seem like slugs

One thing that helped me was turning off all HUD. Don't focus on instruments, laps, time, nothing but the car. Sounds like jedi training.
That sounds more tedious than anything...

What kind of assist did you have turned on/off during the challenge and have you gotten gold on them?
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 AM   #6535
Power Member

Jul 2009
Bayonne, NJ, USA

Nah, I didn't get gold. I hear its literally impossible with a controller...lol....

Settings I used was ASM 0, everything else the same. Playing with bumper cam so I can see the road, but I imagine you should play with whatever your most comfortable with.

IMO this challenge is all about knowing how the car handles and knowing the tracks, so you know what turns are coming up and you'll be ready to take em'.
Hello Everynyan! How are you, fine thank you.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:36 AM   #6536
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsocal View Post
have added the racing modification to my ZO6 and can definitely see the difference
I don't know why I said this. I never added the racing modification to my ZO6, just the aero kit stuff.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #6537
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

I got a Driving Force GT for Xmas. Its definitely something to get used to. Im way better with a controller than with the wheel for now but I can see the potential.

Is there anything I should know/do with the wheel as far as settings or whatnot?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 AM   #6538
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

I just devised an Evil Master Plan involving my multiple PSN accounts. I have my main account plus a Euro and Japanese account plus 2 more US accounts. So what I plan on doing is starting a file for each secondary account. Trade all the cars over 10 days for all the seasonal events and gold all 10 over the 10 days. That would get me to lv 23 and 5 million credits with minor fuss. Then I buy my Audi LMS, 2x Pugeaut's, Ford GT LM Spec 2 over the accounts then ship them to my main account. Plus I should have enough left over for my Ferrari SP1 and a few other moderatly expensive cars.
It's so genius it might even work.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 12-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #6539
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Finished construction on my cockpit 1.0 today. Want to paint it in the next few days, depending on the weather... or might start on 2.0 since I already know a bunch of things I want to do different. Still, definitely MUCH better than putting the DFGT on the living room table.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 12-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #6540
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Great snow rally race yesterday online. That is me on the right in the Mitsubishi. You get points online, the more people and longer the race, the more points you can win. But still not alot. Here is the finish of the race, I was on the right in the Mitsubishi Super Rally car. You are supposed to get a trophy for a race with Mitsu and Subaru 1 and 2 but I guess its only for offline.

Another inside the cockpit glitch photo

This is the seat of the Honda NSX

And that old Alfa Romeo isn't as steady as the newer ones. I finally got my DTM car.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3