Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Road to Bali $13.02 (4 hours left)
Soon: Gator ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
The Last of Us (PS3)
$17.36
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.29
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 01-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #7321
Suspended

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
Doing the RX-7 Tsukuba event? If so using the slide assist will help out greatly.
Ah, and here's me having all assists off because that's how I Silvered/Golded all the 1st round of seasonals.

I'll try that later today, thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #7322

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Ah, and here's me having all assists off because that's how I Silvered/Golded all the 1st round of seasonals.

I'll try that later today, thanks.
If you havent done the NASCAR Nurbrugring event yet youll probably need to use the assists too.

I try not to use assists as much as possible but when they force you to use tires that dont work well with a car while using a controller I will turn on what is needed.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #7323
Expert Member

Apr 2007
Milwaukee, WI, USA PSNetwork ID: heathward Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

when will this Thrustmaster wheel be available to purchase? and is it actually better than the G27?
i am going to need to purchase a wheel for this game. i am assuming there are some things you can't do with just a controller. i can't get gold on a lot of the license tests, and i am assuming it is because i don't have a wheel. is this correct? some of them just seem impossible with the DS3.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #7324

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathward View Post
when will this Thrustmaster wheel be available to purchase? and is it actually better than the G27?
i am going to need to purchase a wheel for this game. i am assuming there are some things you can't do with just a controller. i can't get gold on a lot of the license tests, and i am assuming it is because i don't have a wheel. is this correct? some of them just seem impossible with the DS3.
The wheel will be available tomorrow from Amazon and Frys. Dont know of any reviews to know if people say its better then the G27.

I have gold on most of the license tests with a controller so Im sure its possible to gold them all but it would be easier to do with a wheel with the extra car control you can get from them.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #7325
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
But you can't change that during the race, or are you saying I need to pause the game then make the change? Will making that change become the default for future races? I'm always keen to know what car my rivals have if they're ahead of me!

There are some good tunes in GT5, but I've made my own replay tracklist. Music is off during races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufiend View Post
He must of been thinking of B-Spec. I don't know if it's possible for A-Spec.
Yeah sorry i was thinking of B-Spec
PSN:Bageara
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #7326
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
CT Shoreline

Quote:
I am only (currently) using the DS3 and I do feel it handicaps you somewhat, but it's not something that can't be overcome. My current license results are 33 Gold, 7 Silver, and 0 Bronze, and I've golded every one of the Seasonal Events... so success with a DS3 isn't outside the realm of possibility.
PSN: SSRuns

My F/S thread
Old 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #7327
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2007
Coldth

Quote:
At $600, I hope it is better! Otherwise they won't sell any.
Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

Classic Arcade Games: Top 10

RIP Navnit Singh
Old 01-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #7328
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

There's definitely a market for it in the mid-upper tier (whereas the G27 is the mid-lower tier). Still nowhere near some of the really expensive top shelf wheels like ECCI.

It will be far better than the G27 for a PS3/GT5 specific setup with the face buttons, etc all pre-mapped, as well as full compatibility and support from PD. Until there are PC drivers, etc it might be behind the G27 in that regard.

The pedals are where it's really set apart from the G27 in that you can shift from "F1" or "Rally" styles without voiding your warranty (important if you have a dedicated cockpit setup) as some of the common mods go.

If some of the rumors like the wheel being removable/replacable and the optional gated shifter including an E-brake, it could well be the elite wheel for the masses.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 01-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #7329
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
I am only (currently) using the DS3 and I do feel it handicaps you somewhat, but it's not something that can't be overcome. My current license results are 33 Gold, 7 Silver, and 0 Bronze, and I've golded every one of the Seasonal Events... so success with a DS3 isn't outside the realm of possibility.
If you golded the Eiger TT in the Gran Tour with a DS3, then you sir have my respect. In my opinion it is the 3rd hardest event in the game behind Vettel's Nurburg GP and Suzuka. And I only need 5 more Golds for the trophy. 4 of them are endurance races.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #7330
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
CT Shoreline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
If you golded the Eiger TT in the Gran Tour with a DS3, then you sir have my respect. In my opinion it is the 3rd hardest event in the game behind Vettel's Nurburg GP and Suzuka. And I only need 5 more Golds for the trophy. 4 of them are endurance races.
I don't ever see it happening. I'm not really close to the gold time, and it's one of my least-favorite tracks in the game, so I don't see myself going back to it.
PSN: SSRuns

My F/S thread
Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #7331

Nov 2007
Indianapolis

I have not even opened my Logitech G27 since GT5 still does not support it. Prices on ebay are sky high and with the Thrustmaster T500RS out, will it ever get support? Personally, $500 is a little steep for me for a wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
There's definitely a market for it in the mid-upper tier (whereas the G27 is the mid-lower tier). Still nowhere near some of the really expensive top shelf wheels like ECCI.

It will be far better than the G27 for a PS3/GT5 specific setup with the face buttons, etc all pre-mapped, as well as full compatibility and support from PD. Until there are PC drivers, etc it might be behind the G27 in that regard.

The pedals are where it's really set apart from the G27 in that you can shift from "F1" or "Rally" styles without voiding your warranty (important if you have a dedicated cockpit setup) as some of the common mods go.

If some of the rumors like the wheel being removable/replacable and the optional gated shifter including an E-brake, it could well be the elite wheel for the masses.
Sharp 80inch Quatro (Man Cave)
Onkyo TX-NR809 7.2 Sony PS3 Slim 250
Oppo 103D Sony PS4
Pioneer Laser-disc Player
Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II x2
Polk Audio CS20 Center Channel Speaker
Polk Audio PSW110 Powered Sub x 2
PSN: jhedi360
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #7332
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

I got this wheel:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D1MG5W

Used it once. It was like wrestling and I could not get the car to go as fast as it normally does. And so it sits.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #7333
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

I'm using a DFGT now, and while i'm mostly satisfied with the wheel, have never really been satisfied with the pedals (and would prefer a gated shifter). I'm willing to pay if the quality is there, so am watching this new one with great interest.
---
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #7334
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatjedi View Post
I have not even opened my Logitech G27 since GT5 still does not support it.
Wait, what do you mean GT5 doesn't support it? Can you stick shift, use the clutch, and paddle shift? That's all I care about. The LED's on the wheel don't matter much.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #7335
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
I don't ever see it happening. I'm not really close to the gold time, and it's one of my least-favorite tracks in the game, so I don't see myself going back to it.
When I read your origional response I read Special Events, not Seasonal like you wrote. My bad.

I'm going for Platinum so I had to get Gold on Eiger. At lease it's out of the way for me now. Getting gold on Vettel is more for bragging rights than anything.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #7336
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
Wait, what do you mean GT5 doesn't support it? Can you stick shift, use the clutch, and paddle shift? That's all I care about. The LED's on the wheel don't matter much.
Maybe he means you cannot map buttons? I don't know because I don't have it. Just a guess.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #7337
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
I'm using a DFGT now, and while i'm mostly satisfied with the wheel, have never really been satisfied with the pedals (and would prefer a gated shifter). I'm willing to pay if the quality is there, so am watching this new one with great interest.
The pedals are my only complaint about the DFGT. I have to play with socks only. Shoes or slippers and I cannot feel then. Bare foot and they stick to you.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-04-2011, 10:41 PM   #7338
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Maybe he means you cannot map buttons? I don't know because I don't have it. Just a guess.
Yeah I'm wondering what doesn't work because the G27 and G25 are sold out everywhere solely because of GT5.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #7339
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
Yeah I'm wondering what doesn't work because the G27 and G25 are sold out everywhere solely because of GT5.
I know I would consider a Logitech alternative to the DFGT that included the G27 shifter and pedals with the existing DFGT... But definitely want the Playstation buttons.
---
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
Old 01-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #7340
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
I know I would consider a Logitech alternative to the DFGT that included the G27 shifter and pedals with the existing DFGT... But definitely want the Playstation buttons.
Can you just use the wheel for driving and then for all menu, setting up races etc just use a regular dual shock?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3