Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.29
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #7481
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I have yet to have a cool car. It ain't gonna happen. Although I guess you could consider my current vehicle cool if you want to take a trip in it. I have a high top 2003 Dodge conversion van, 20inch LCD TV, DVD player, Satellite Radio, Captains chairs, back makes into a bed, drives like a cloud.

Looks like this, although I have a different company's conversion package and custom wheels, those are stock.

Thats HIP Man. If you look at my photo album, you will see my family driver in the background. 2005 Dodge Caravan.
Blu-Kyle: Look in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a bad ass mother f-ing Titan about to rain down havoc!
PS4, Samsung LN46B530, Onkyo HT-S3100, Harmony 650, Linksys E1200, PSN = Mega_deth1
Old 01-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #7482

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Its as easy or as hard as you make it by tuning or not tuning your car. Not only that, what is easy to you is hard to some others and vice versa. This game was made for everyone, not just for the best players. How many people would buy Madden if it only shipped at the All Madden level? Or if all those FPS shooters only shipped at the hardest level setting where you are alive for 20 seconds if you are lucky, do you think sales would be in the tens of millions? Where is the game forcing you to do anything to your car for these new events?

I would love for the 4th Seasonal Events to come out so hard, you all beg for mercy. A series that less then 1% of players have a chance of getting bronze. You are in a 1969 Fiat 500 against fully tuned Supercars and have one lap to get the 1st on Nurburgring. Full racing rules in effect. And would love to read all the stories of you guys as you in vein try everything possible and continue to fail and see how the attitude toward the game changes from its a challenge to an impossible POS.

Demon Souls sold 3 times better then what Atlus thought it was going to do and that was a hard game. So I would guess "those FPS shooters" (FYI the 2nd shooters is redundant) and Madden would probably still sell pretty well. And these events that arent required to complete the game should difficult for people due to the amount of cr and xp they will give you.

Also this is a simulation game not an arcade game so there is an implied difficulty in just that.

I would like to see the 4th Seasonal Event with difficulty on par with the X1 events and if people complain about them being hard then they should practice more or go on to another event.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #7483

Nov 2009

Quote:
I've seen it once out of my 3983 trips to the Used Car Dealership. But yeah, it was expensive.
Oh man. I saw it last night near the bottom of my list - hopefully it was at the end of the night. Had Pikes Peak been confirmed, I would have picked it up right then and there. Didn't realize it was so rare.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #7484
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post
At Level 30 (either A or B Spec) the S. Vettel Challenge is unlocked...

At Level 35 (B-Spec) you get one for free...

At Level 40 you can buy a X2010 from the Dealership...
Dont you win a carbon Red Bull car at lv 30 ?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #7485
Power Member

Nov 2007
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTplayers View Post
Dont you win a carbon Red Bull car at lv 30 ?
No, the event unlocks at lvl 30. You have to get gold in all 3 races for the carbon. Its insanely hard. Took me 10 hours for bronze.
PSN: Hellmonkey69
LBP Levels: The Abusement Park, A Stormy Night, The Fantabulous Contraption.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM   #7486
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

PTplayers, aint seen you around much. Just wanted to thank you for the Wheel Mount design. I lowered it some for my chair but it works great. Thanks again for the help.
Blu-Kyle: Look in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a bad ass mother f-ing Titan about to rain down havoc!
PS4, Samsung LN46B530, Onkyo HT-S3100, Harmony 650, Linksys E1200, PSN = Mega_deth1
Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #7487
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG View Post
I personally like the difficulty that requires you to tune your car correctly, forces you to learn the track, best lines through curves etc… It gives me a challenge and a since of accomplishment when I win. The latest RX-7 race kicked my butt. When I finally hit everything correctly, I won by @ 5 seconds.

My version of not fair compared to others is that I have 3 kids that play, long working hours etc… I may get a few playing hours a week. I don’t get a chance to make the big $’s. They should add a button that just gives me $100,000.00 every time I push it. Add a 2 minute delay or something between pushes.

Hence my earlier suggestion. One payout for limited tuning and a lower payout for no tuning limits.

Since now the Seasonal Event 2 races are unlimited, I would imagine more then a few were complaining that they went a overboard on making those events challenging to the average GT5 racer.

So here is my suggestion. Since the limited tuners are making adjustments to aerodynamics and the suspension and going back many times tweaking as they go, they should get less points for every time they restart the race. That is my suggestion. So that those that have tuned over and over and tried the race over and over eventually get the same or less then someone who walks in with a heavily tuned car and wins on the first try. All this it took me 5 hours but I did it nonsense would be equal to the the player smart enough to choose the right tune the first time to win the race.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #7488
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post
I don't know if it's the car you are supposed to ship to me, but if it is it can wait... I won't be able to use it until tomorrow anyway...
I shipped your last night. I sent yoiu a PSN message after I sent it. Was aound 8pm est.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #7489

Sep 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
I shipped your last night. I sent yoiu a PSN message after I sent it. Was aound 8pm est.
Fair enough... I had the game running a 24 hour endurance since 9pm last night, so I haven't checked messages etc. today...
TOTAL PLATINUMS: 118 --- FAVORITE/PROUDEST: Batman: Arkham Asylum / Bloodborne / Dark Souls / Dark Souls II / Dark Souls III / Demon's Souls / Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots / Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain / Red Dead Redemption
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #7490
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
Demon Souls sold 3 times better then what Atlus thought it was going to do and that was a hard game. So I would guess "those FPS shooters" (FYI the 2nd shooters is redundant) and Madden would probably still sell pretty well. And these events that arent required to complete the game should difficult for people due to the amount of cr and xp they will give you.

Also this is a simulation game not an arcade game so there is an implied difficulty in just that.

I would like to see the 4th Seasonal Event with difficulty on par with the X1 events and if people complain about them being hard then they should practice more or go on to another event.
Demon Souls, never heard of it. I have heard of Call of Duty and Battlefield Bad Company and Metal of Honor. Lower level Madden leagues out number All Madden leagues substantially. They have even made some of the lower levels easier because people have complained and added a 1 button play option where the only thing you do is hit X. I am glad some of you are not in the gaming industry, you have no idea of the scope of player abilities that buy games and that you don't cater products to the elite few.

EDIT: I found Demon Souls on Wiki: First off, its a role playing game, not a FPS. "Demon's Souls sold 39,966 copies in its first week in Japan,[55][56] and boosted PlayStation 3 sales in the region.[57] It has sold 134,585 copies in Japan as of December 2009." I think the sales of COD were that a minute. Call of Duty Black Ops sold $650 million in 5 days.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 01-06-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #7491
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
No, the event unlocks at lvl 30. You have to get gold in all 3 races for the carbon. Its insanely hard. Took me 10 hours for bronze.
It took me about 13hrs total to get all 3 Golds.The feeling of accomplishment is high. Much higher than all 60 gold licenses.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #7492
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG View Post
PTplayers, aint seen you around much. Just wanted to thank you for the Wheel Mount design. I lowered it some for my chair but it works great. Thanks again for the help.
No worries , glad your enjoying it .
Old 01-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #7493
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
It took me about 13hrs total to get all 3 Golds.The feeling of accomplishment is high. Much higher than all 60 gold licenses.
Which car do you use ?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #7494
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Since now the Seasonal Event 2 races are unlimited, I would imagine more then a few were complaining that they went a overboard on making those events challenging to the average GT5 racer.
Slick, are you saying that the seasonal race #2 (with the Focus,RX-7,Nascar on Nurburgring, etc) have no limits to power and weight?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #7495
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Middle TN
Send a message via AIM to nremdn

Quote:
I have yet to have a cool car. It ain't gonna happen. Although I guess you could consider my current vehicle cool if you want to take a trip in it. I have a high top 2003 Dodge conversion van, 20inch LCD TV, DVD player, Satellite Radio, Captains chairs, back makes into a bed, drives like a cloud.

Looks like this, although I have a different company's conversion package and custom wheels, those are stock.

EDIT: WAIT! I found where someone modded one of my former cars, a 1980 Toyota Tercell and it kinda looks cool, lol.

Mine was this color, ugh. I had it in Florida and it had NO A/C!

My younger sister got an emerald green Toyota either Cellica or Corolla with a sun roof and I think leather seats. My car was garbage compared to hers. After that she got an MR2 and I got a friggin 1985 hyundai excel, my first new car. POS. I did get a Saturn after that, the first in the county to have one when they came out. They were considered cool at the time because of all the advertising about a new American car company. People would see me in it and honk or give a thumbs up. Saturn would also hold events for owners. They had one at Stone Mountain where owners of Saturns got an invite to spend the day for free, enjoying food and events. Don't know any car maker that has done that before.
Dude, even your car stories are kinda lame LOL. Although I did read the whole story as it was somewhat interesting. Funny how everyone approaches car purchasing/ownership so different. Neat to see where someone came from and where they are now. You were on your third or fourth car when I was still pissing myself LOL. The car landscape has changed so much just in the past two or three decades. I bet that Toyota was a good car though. 80's Toyotas have proven to be almost bulletproof LOL. BTW that van is just begging for some road trips.
Mr. Beautiful Emotionally Handicapped
PSN: nremdn
Battlelog: nremdn
Pigeon Boys #01
Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #7496
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_XRS View Post
Slick, are you saying that the seasonal race #2 (with the Focus,RX-7,Nascar on Nurburgring, etc) have no limits to power and weight?

Yes.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #7497
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

The coolest vehicle I ever owned. A 1999 Dodge Ram Sport Pickup with the 5.9 liter Magnum engine. Sigh. Pretty fast though.

[Show spoiler]
Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #7498
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTplayers View Post
Which car do you use ?
The X1 of course. What else would you use in the X1 Challenge?

__________________________________________________ _____

I really really wish you could toggle the racing line during a race. Supercar Challenge had that option and I used it all the time. I'm about 2hrs into the 24hr LeMans and I'm racing with everything off except the racing line. . . and the terrible music. I forgot to mute the music before the race.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #7499
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
CT Shoreline

Quote:
Its as easy or as hard as you make it by tuning or not tuning your car. Not only that, what is easy to you is hard to some others and vice versa. This game was made for everyone, not just for the best players. How many people would buy Madden if it only shipped at the All Madden level? Or if all those FPS shooters only shipped at the hardest level setting where you are alive for 20 seconds if you are lucky, do you think sales would be in the tens of millions? Where is the game forcing you to do anything to your car for these new events?

I would love for the 4th Seasonal Events to come out so hard, you all beg for mercy. A series that less then 1% of players have a chance of getting bronze. You are in a 1969 Fiat 500 against fully tuned Supercars and have one lap to get the 1st on Nurburgring. Full racing rules in effect. And would love to read all the stories of you guys as you in vein try everything possible and continue to fail and see how the attitude toward the game changes from its a challenge to an impossible POS.
Quote:
Demon Souls, never heard of it. I have heard of Call of Duty and Battlefield Bad Company and Metal of Honor. Lower level Madden leagues out number All Madden leagues substantially. They have even made some of the lower levels easier because people have complained and added a 1 button play option where the only thing you do is hit X. I am glad some of you are not in the gaming industry, you have no idea of the scope of player abilities that buy games and that you don't cater products to the elite few.

EDIT: I found Demon Souls on Wiki: First off, its a role playing game, not a FPS. "Demon's Souls sold 39,966 copies in its first week in Japan,[55][56] and boosted PlayStation 3 sales in the region.[57] It has sold 134,585 copies in Japan as of December 2009." I think the sales of COD were that a minute. Call of Duty Black Ops sold $650 million in 5 days.

Have you even played any of the older GT games??? GT was built on being a difficult racing simulator, and it has never been a game for everyone, especially casual racers. A lot of the regular events in GT-GT4 were very similar to the GT5 Seasonals because of the heavy restrictions. Did it fail because of the difficulty? NO. In fact, the series has sold over 60 million copies, so it's a very healthy franchise.

I guess PD felt pressure to conform to the "win anything you want in the game easily" crappy arcade-style racing, in order to attract more casual racers and increase sales. I just wish they would have kept it like the old GT style. The series has always had a great cult-like following, but it's slowly losing its luster IMO. And you're right, it's definitely becoming more and more like Madden nowadays... I just liked it more when it was like Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Maybe after the next update you'll get a level increase just by popping the game in. Bonus experience and money for ramming other cars off the track? Nitrous? Missiles?
PSN: SSRuns

My F/S thread
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #7500
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
The coolest vehicle I ever owned. A 1999 Dodge Ram Sport Pickup with the 5.9 liter Magnum engine. Sigh. Pretty fast though.

[Show spoiler]
Need I remind you.
[Show spoiler]
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3