Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.97
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
Aegis Of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS3)
$18.98
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.28
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #7721

Sep 2008
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
Hope not, I just got this wheel a few weeks ago, new from Amazon.
The wheel the other guys are talking about? If it starts to smell also, then its probably some production error...
TOTAL PLATINUMS: 118 --- FAVORITE/PROUDEST: Batman: Arkham Asylum / Bloodborne / Dark Souls / Dark Souls II / Dark Souls III / Demon's Souls / Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots / Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain / Red Dead Redemption
Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #7722
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

sucks you only get xp/credits once for the seasonal races...
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:05 AM   #7723

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
sucks you only get xp/credits once for the seasonal races...
These new events were too easy to beat and gave too many credits and XP. If you kept doing these you'd be at lvl 100 by the end of the month. Then what would you have left to do?
52" Sony Bravia 120hz
PS3
Sony Sound Bar and Subwoofer with HDMI
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #7724
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionBlurr View Post
These new events were too easy to beat and gave too many credits and XP. If you kept doing these you'd be at lvl 100 by the end of the month. Then what would you have left to do?
im trying to buy cars & get to level 40. so i can buy the 3rd x2010 from the gt dealership.
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #7725

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I have been buying from Amazon forever, like the mid 90s. And when I got a duplicate gift and they said I have to pay the return shipping, that just ticked me off. They are getting like my insurance company that for every injury contacts me to see if another insurance company is liable instead of them.
If a company sends you extra stuff it is yours for free, the FTC says so.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #7726

May 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionBlurr View Post
The last one was too easy. The first two were well worth the challenge (at least the second one was until they removed the hp/weight/tire restrictions), and unless you went straight away to GTplanet for tuning numbers, required some trial and error, drafting, and driving skill. The rewards in XP were appropriate to the challenge, and the XP/money can only be earned once for each finishing place you can get. Once you get 1st in any challenge, you'll have earned the maximum XP/credit for that race, and no matter how many times you repeat it, you won't earn any more.

By the way, the total cumulative points for getting 1st in all 5 events, over all 3 bonus races, wouldn't cover the amount of XP needed to go from lvl 31-32.
PSN: BorrowedTime
@NUTZ@ Clan member since 2005
http://www.socomnutzclan.com

Folding@Home team: 55774

LBP levels: "Winter Games ver.1.3", "Bitter Jungle 2.4", "Adventure in the LittleBig'Verse", "Death Trap"
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #7727
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Just curious, didn't they say that GT would see one major update every month? Anyone know what the update for January is supposed to be?
Wasn't it the new season event that started 1/5?
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 AM   #7728
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
If a company sends you extra stuff it is yours for free, the FTC says so.
That's not what I mean. Used to be Amazon would take things back no matter what and pay shipping. Now if its not broken or the wrong item, you have to pay for it. When the item is under $10 its just almost not worth it.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #7729

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Wasn't it the new season event that started 1/5?
A major update should include new features or cars/tracks not new seasonal events.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #7730
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessDK View Post
I know its not the same wheel, but I've never noticed any smell from my G25...

Maybe there is something "wrong" with the type of wheels you guys are using...
Its obvious what they smell is from the material getting warm from the friction of turning the wheel, especially for hours. Different material I would imagine in the two wheels.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #7731
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
A major update should include new features or cars/tracks not new seasonal events.
Its a subjective term. In the same interview he said it takes a very long time to make either of what you want, tracks or cars. Then he said he wants to have a major update every month. Wants. Not is going to have.

Here is the article with the interview: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/gt5_plans/

Gran Turismo 5 is a masterful driving simulation, but series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has promised ongoing updates and continued support.

If you want specifics, just check Andriasang citing the most recent Famitsu edition, where Yamauchi outlined his future plans for the blockbuster racer. Firstly, it seems he'd like to have one major update per month, which is fantastic news for the fans. Secondly, in regards to this month's new content, Yamauchi listed out a few region-specific add-ons: racers in North America can look forward to the launch of GT Academy, starting with online time trial rankings. European players get to begin an online tournament called the SLS Challenge where the winner will receive an actual Mercedes SLS AMG. Well...holy sh**.

Thirdly, while Yamauchi said new cars and courses are difficult to make, he didn't rule out the possibility; "They may be added as expanstion content, or we may leave it until the next title," he said. Yamauchi did confirm that GT5 will definitely get online races for B-Spec Mode, even though we're not sure when the option might arrive. Personally, I must drive in the game but hey, I sort of understand the desire to manage. As for GT6, the game making guru didn't seem ready to talk about it...duh.

"No, no... it's the future, so I still don't know. If this were ten years back, it was relatively easy to predict what things would be like in three years, but now it's pretty much impossible to predict three years into the future. Even if I were to say 'The next title will be like this,' three years later it would end up being completely different."

Lastly, Famitsu asked if Polyphony planned to redo the game's low fidelity "standard cars" as higher quality "premium cars." And you know what? Yamauchi said yes, this was indeed planned. Well, for certain vehicles at least: "Among the standard cars are some historical classics, and we plan on remaking them as premium cars." So who's looking forward to the future of GT5?

Last edited by slick1ru2; 01-12-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:13 AM   #7732
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Specifically CIA here is what Yamauchi said of the December update from the article source talked about in the one I just posted.

The late December update will be a major one, said Yamauchi.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/gt5_plans/
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #7733
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Going into day 3 with Atlanta shut down. Schools and most businesses again shut down and will be tomorrow too. Not expected to thaw until Friday! We got everything we need but wow, I am from 500 miles south. Just not used to this weather and neither is the government. http://www.ajc.com/
Ya, I think that is funny. My brother is a Dentist down in Cumming and he is from up here in Ohio. He has had the last 2 days off work and he is playing through MGS4 again. Probably the 3rd time in his life he is replaying a game.

Quote:
Its obvious what they smell is from the material getting warm from the friction of turning the wheel, especially for hours. Different material I would imagine in the two wheels.
That could be, but I have been using the wheel for 2.5 years. Prologue, Ferrai, Supercar, Midnight Club, Shift, and over a hundred hours of GT5 and I never smelled it till I got the X1. Now my brand new wheel also makes the same smell while using the X1. By the way, I think the X1 name change is stupid and I will never call it the X2010.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Just completed 525 laps on Tsukuba 9hrs A-spec. By my calculation that wins the race. Took 5:20 to do in my X1.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #7734

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa

Quote:
Racing this weekend. Here is my club on GT Planet announcement:
it looks cool

I joined the Neo gaf super GT league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYH6WzklEGA
DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #7735
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Is it possible to use your track maker tracks online?
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #7736
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxa View Post
it looks cool

I joined the Neo gaf super GT league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYH6WzklEGA
I plan on doing field trips to the different tracks in the game when they have races using the cars we have such as the classic muscle car race at Laguna, the DTM championship at Nurburgring, etc..
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #7737
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Ya, I think that is funny. My brother is a Dentist down in Cumming and he is from up here in Ohio. He has had the last 2 days off work and he is playing through MGS4 again. Probably the 3rd time in his life he is replaying a game.

That could be, but I have been using the wheel for 2.5 years. Prologue, Ferrai, Supercar, Midnight Club, Shift, and over a hundred hours of GT5 and I never smelled it till I got the X1. Now my brand new wheel also makes the same smell while using the X1. By the way, I think the X1 name change is stupid and I will never call it the X2010.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Just completed 525 laps on Tsukuba 9hrs A-spec. By my calculation that wins the race. Took 5:20 to do in my X1.

I just finished Tsukuba too using a realistic car of the same type, the Z Tuned Z33 on B Spec. Not going to use the Xwhatever on an endurance race, just to grind Cr..

The way it whips around at ubur speeds its obviously overheating something in the wheel casing. Did you try turning the feedback down?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #7738

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Is it possible to use your track maker tracks online?
You are supposed to be able to but I have not tried to do it.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #7739
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
I just finished Tsukuba too using a realistic car of the same type, the Z Tuned Z33 on B Spec. Not going to use the Xwhatever on an endurance race, just to grind Cr..

The way it whips around at ubur speeds its obviously overheating something in the wheel casing. Did you try turning the feedback down?
Ya, I put it down to 3-4. I did the Indy 500 again yesterday and unplugged it. Felt awkward but I got used to it.

I will redo all the endurance races again with realistic cars. I only did the Indy 500 with the X1 because thats all I had time for at the moment. Did the Suzuka 1000km with it as practice for the Vettel Challenge. Did the Nurburgring 4hr with it for practice as well. Doing the Suzuka 9hr with it because I just don't want to spend that much time on that boring trace. The Mazda Endurance race was enough. Did the LeMans because I wanted to make sure I didn't lose.

Gonna redo the Indy with the Audi R8 LMC RC '01
Suzuka 1000km with the Furai
Nurburgring with a few I'm sure.
LeMans again with the Pescarlo C60 Hybrid '05 or Bentley Speed 8.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #7740

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Specifically CIA here is what Yamauchi said of the December update from the article source talked about in the one I just posted.

The late December update will be a major one, said Yamauchi.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/15/gt5_plans/
I understand the time it takes to make cars and tracks. I was just giving examples of what a major update should/could be and not necessarily what it will be.

But I will say that any new event that shows up in the seasonal events list will not count as a major update.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3