Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
$9.70
Earth Defense Force 2025 (PS3)
$13.93
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$11.66
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
Disney Infinity 2.0 - Toy Box Starter Pack (PS3)
$34.94
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #8561
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
Bugger that then The thing I've noticed after looking on that site is that the cars don't have much value when and if you want to sell them, never tried with any of my cars (even if I have duplicates) so didn't know what the values would be like.
The most expensive cars you cant sell. I did a search online and found that the car with the highest resale value was a little over 100k. Not even worth it when you can just grind a 5 lap indy race for that much money.

Which really sucks because the game likes to F with me. Its given me the A4 touring car as a prize 3 times now and I can't even sell it.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser

Last edited by Rblu-Dblu; 02-07-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #8562
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

I think the highest resellers are the Ferrari F40 and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage for around 135K.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #8563
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Yeah, it's retarded you can't sell for more than that. No reason at all you shouldn't be able to sell an Enzo or Furai or even an LMS or race car.

I think a way around the dupling/cloning 'issue' would be to get rid of gifting and make people sell through a market. Ultimately should replace the UCD with all player owned cars (would still have the online dealer for used 'necessity' cars for the Seasonals and FGT). Yeah, you could make a good deal for a buddy, but make the seller pay a transaction fee, tiny percentage based on the actual value of the car, which would limit abuse.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 02-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #8564
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Yeah, it's retarded you can't sell for more than that. No reason at all you shouldn't be able to sell an Enzo or Furai or even an LMS or race car.

I think a way around the dupling/cloning 'issue' would be to get rid of gifting and make people sell through a market. Ultimately should replace the UCD with all player owned cars (would still have the online dealer for used 'necessity' cars for the Seasonals and FGT). Yeah, you could make a good deal for a buddy, but make the seller pay a transaction fee, tiny percentage based on the actual value of the car, which would limit abuse.
That would be a neat idea. I would like a Friends dealership. You select cars you are willing to sell, kind of like selecting your favorites. Then anyone on your friends list would be able to buy them. And you can buy any cars your friends put up for sale.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #8565
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:

The only way I would be fine with this is if all pricing was pre-determined by the game (at a better rate than it is now because frankly resell value is absolute rubbish). I think having it like ebay with auctions and fees would just complicate things and bring more trouble than it would be worth.

And keep in mind who we're dealing with here. PD would screw up some aspect of it and more people would complain.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #8566
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

I just posted a time of 3:55.110 on the Nurburging Nordschelief (in time trial) with the X1. I challenge anyone on here to beat my time.

Also that dang Mugen S2000 finally showed its self today in the UCD.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #8567
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
I just posted a time of 3:55.110 on the Nurburging Nordschelief (in time trial) with the X1. I challenge anyone on here to beat my time.

I've got to get an X1 first.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

Old 02-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #8568

May 2008

Quote:

how do you get the X1, i'm at level 23 A-spec
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #8569
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
The only way I would be fine with this is if all pricing was pre-determined by the game (at a better rate than it is now because frankly resell value is absolute rubbish). I think having it like ebay with auctions and fees would just complicate things and bring more trouble than it would be worth.
You would set whatever price you wanted. To not completely destroy the pricing of some cars, the rewards for winning the race sets would probably need to change to random ticket type wins. Which would probably suck, cause I've gotten a bunch of junk from my tickets... the only decent car I got from a ticket was the Castrol-Mugen NSX from the level 17.
---
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #8570
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by muathusanjose View Post
how do you get the X1, i'm at level 23 A-spec
You unlock the Sebastian Vettel challenge at a-spec level 30. You win different versions of the X1 by getting the medals in the challenge. You can also get a free one by reaching b-spec level 35.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #8571
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
You would set whatever price you wanted. To not completely destroy the pricing of some cars, the rewards for winning the race sets would probably need to change to random ticket type wins. Which would probably suck, cause I've gotten a bunch of junk from my tickets... the only decent car I got from a ticket was the Castrol-Mugen NSX from the level 17.
I know you could set whatever prices you want, but people complaining will always be there. "You sold that guy a Panoz for $23k but are selling one to me for 3 million? wtf man?" Favoritism and friends comes into play. I just don't think it would work as smoothly as you think it would.

And prize cars could just be coded like chrome cars to not be sold/gifted. It's not that hard. But it is for PD. And they would screw up something with that online market. We all know they would.
YNWA.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 PM   #8572
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I know you could set whatever prices you want, but people complaining will always be there. "You sold that guy a Panoz for $23k but are selling one to me for 3 million? wtf man?" Favoritism and friends comes into play. I just don't think it would work as smoothly as you think it would.

And prize cars could just be coded like chrome cars to not be sold/gifted. It's not that hard. But it is for PD. And they would screw up something with that online market. We all know they would.
Isnt that the same as trading the cars though? "You traded that guy an X1 for a miata, and you want my Mark IV."

Old 02-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #8573
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Arkansas

I just want a new “Map Pack”. I would like an entire new A-Spec challenge from top to bottom. I would be glad to pay for it. The tracks and cars are already made. Should not be a problem.
Blu-Kyle: Look in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a bad ass mother f-ing Titan about to rain down havoc!
PS4, Samsung LN46B530, Onkyo HT-S3100, Harmony 650, Linksys E1200, PSN = Mega_deth1
Old 02-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #8574

Oct 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Send a message via MSN to shayneca

when does season event 7 comes out?
PSN ID: Shaynca RECEIVER- PIONEER VSX-1122
TV- 42" LGLH40, PS3, APPLE TV 3gen, HTPC
BLURAY- SONY BDP-S580
MAINS- DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY PROCINEMA 800
SURROUND BACK- PIONEER INCEILING 8"
FRONT HIGH- PIONEER INCEILING 6.5"
SUB- POLK AUDIO PSW10 x 2
REAR CENTER-DEF TEC MYTHOS 3, REMOTE- LOGITECH HARMONY 900
Old 02-08-2011, 09:58 PM   #8575
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Given that they're all expiring, I'm thinking we're waiting on an update. Which may be waiting on the next firmware.
---
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #8576
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
Isnt that the same as trading the cars though? "You traded that guy an X1 for a miata, and you want my Mark IV."
That's exactly my point. Why go about changing it when we'll have the same result we have now? And give them a chance to screw it up even more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG View Post
I just want a new “Map Pack”. I would like an entire new A-Spec challenge from top to bottom. I would be glad to pay for it. The tracks and cars are already made. Should not be a problem.
I don't think I would pay a lot for DLC but I would consider it. Especially if had new tracks. But that's about as likely as me playing Uncharted 4 next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneca View Post
when does season event 7 comes out?
When it shows up in-game. Nobody knows, it just will when it will. This is why I like no dates. I don't expect it, so I can't be disappointed. Just one day soon I'll login and be like "oh nice new events!"

Quote:
Given that they're all expiring, I'm thinking we're waiting on an update. Which may be waiting on the next firmware.
Kaz said "mid-Febrary" so next week could be possible. We know they are "working on" remote B-spec and corner-cutting regulations for GT Academy. So I think at the earliest it would be around Feb 16ish.
YNWA.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #8577
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

I think all the problems with the GT academy are the reason we didnt get a seasonal event update this week. I'm hoping for some new races this week because I'd like to get my money up so when those special cars show up in the UCD.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #8578
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:

I just did it in 35 seconds with an F16.

And for those without an X1, I am using the Sauber Mercedes C9 for the 24 hour Le Mans race. With under 7 hours to go, its 10 laps ahead of the car in second place. What a beast.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #8579
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Does anyone want to trade me a Lambo Miura prototype?

Also, if I start the Suzuka 1000 and its raining, will it be raining the entire race? That track is probably my least favorite and raining makes it suck more.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 PM   #8580

Oct 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
Also, if I start the Suzuka 1000 and its raining, will it be raining the entire race?
It is possible it will rain the entire race but its not guaranteed to rain through it.

Same goes for if its not raining.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3