Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.79
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.04
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
WRC 4 - FIA World Rally Championship (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #9581
Art_mtl Art_mtl is offline
Member
 
Art_mtl's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
The Great Withe North
Default

Well I got a question: anybody knows whats the secret to NASCAR Daytona race in B-spec? lol I mean to get a gold
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
---------
PSN: KSZOk73
My Garage
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #9582
Dexter Morgan Dexter Morgan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dexter Morgan's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
CT Shoreline
87
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
Well I got a question: anybody knows whats the secret to NASCAR Daytona race in B-spec? lol I mean to get a gold
The best advice I can give you is to get a Daytona setup from GTP, then just race until you get lucky enough to win.
PSN: SSRuns

My F/S thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #9583
Psx0005 Psx0005 is offline
Power Member
 
Psx0005's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Columbus, OH
685
7
213
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
Well I got a question: anybody knows whats the secret to NASCAR Daytona race in B-spec? lol I mean to get a gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
The best advice I can give you is to get a Daytona setup from GTP, then just race until you get lucky enough to win.
And make sure your driver is at least level 28 or higher, and slightly hot-headed. My cooler-headed Bob could never get past 2nd or 3rd place at best, but I threw in my hot-headed Bob and he was more aggressive and got 1st place within 1 lap of the finish.

This is from Pesico's Race Guide on ps3trophies.org:

[Show spoiler]Hard Racing Tires
Driving Options: All Assists OFF
Settings: Gear Ratio set at 360KM/H - 224 mph.
Brakes 0/0, default aero and LSD, transmission up a few.
Tips for Daytona: When you've gotten your driver in the lead, ask him to increase pace before the second turn and before the slight turn into the finish line. You'll be able to get away from the pack ever so slightly each lap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #9584
OG Pooh OG Pooh is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
1
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
And make sure your driver is at least level 28 or higher, and slightly hot-headed. My cooler-headed Bob could never get past 2nd or 3rd place at best, but I threw in my hot-headed Bob and he was more aggressive and got 1st place within 1 lap of the finish.

This is from Pesico's Race Guide on ps3trophies.org:

[Show spoiler]Hard Racing Tires
Driving Options: All Assists OFF
Settings: Gear Ratio set at 360KM/H - 224 mph.
Brakes 0/0, default aero and LSD, transmission up a few.
Tips for Daytona: When you've gotten your driver in the lead, ask him to increase pace before the second turn and before the slight turn into the finish line. You'll be able to get away from the pack ever so slightly each lap.
I used the setups from GT Planet. My driver was only around level 20, and I won each race on the first try (with GT Planet's setups). What I did was charge really hard right from the get-go, got into first quickly, then set my own pace. There was only one track (I don't remember which) where I failed to reach first place by the second or third lap. The setups for each track are different. If I still had them, I'd post them. I should have saved them in a Word document, rather than writing them down & tossing them.

Last edited by OG Pooh; 03-18-2011 at 07:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #9585
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

The Le Mans Prototypes are on ESPN3.com now qualifying for Sebring. There is a Playstation Nissan LMP2 that is the fastest in its class. The crew chief for Peugeot had Playstation in big letters on his uniform.


EDIT Duh. That Nissan is being driven by the last GT Academy Winner. Although you don't see it on this photo, it does say Playstation in large letters on it. This dude, Lucas Ordonez, won the GT Academy back in 2008 and is going to drive at Le Mans. Incredible. There was also a story at GT Planet recently.



http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/n...chair-to-raci/

Last edited by slick1ru2; 03-18-2011 at 09:17 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #9586
Trace17 Trace17 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Trace17's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Oklahoma
1330
136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
The Le Mans Prototypes are on ESPN3.com now qualifying for Sebring. There is a Playstation Nissan LMP2 that is the fastest in its class. The crew chief for Peugeot had Playstation in big letters on his uniform.
I was able to catch the last thirty minutes of qualifying, good stuff with the LMPC drivers. Btw, those spotter guides are a tremendous help, thanks for pointing them out.

Also, Kaz tweeted earlier today, here is a (very rough) Google translaton:

Quote:
I want to do this month is a lot like an impossible. RT @ cba_grb: @ Kaz_Yamauchi How do I update this month?
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #9587
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
Well I got a question: anybody knows whats the secret to NASCAR Daytona race in B-spec? lol I mean to get a gold
You don't need to win all of them. You just have to get enough points of the gold. I did it first time, didn't really do anything but coach my drivers well, not always pushing them but not letting them fall back either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #9588
Art_mtl Art_mtl is offline
Member
 
Art_mtl's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
The Great Withe North
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
You don't need to win all of them. You just have to get enough points of the gold. I did it first time, didn't really do anything but coach my drivers well, not always pushing them but not letting them fall back either.
I know I don't need to win them all but it looks nice all gold So far looks like my Bobs are having problems only with Daytona race.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
---------
PSN: KSZOk73
My Garage
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #9589
Rblu-Dblu Rblu-Dblu is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Rblu-Dblu's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star
482
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
I know I don't need to win them all but it looks nice all gold So far looks like my Bobs are having problems only with Daytona race.
My Bob's could never win that race either.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #9590
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
I know I don't need to win them all but it looks nice all gold So far looks like my Bobs are having problems only with Daytona race.
I just went back later after researching tuning on GT Planet. Same with All Stars and Historic. I bought the Target car. I won the Daytona race by 1/4 of a track. My driver got ahead and just kept getting farther and farther ahead. You do have to put some miles on it and do several oil changes on most cars to get to the max HP for those cars, forget what it was, 593? But for some reason the Target car and I think the DLC stealth got to it with just 1 oil change.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 03-19-2011 at 12:58 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #9591
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
I was able to catch the last thirty minutes of qualifying, good stuff with the LMPC drivers. Btw, those spotter guides are a tremendous help, thanks for pointing them out.

Also, Kaz tweeted earlier today, here is a (very rough) Google translaton:
radiolemans.com will be broadcasting too for those who don't have ESPN3.com or live in the States and can't access the TV coverage. Although it might will be on http://atdhenet.tv/ or ubroadcast or some other similar channel.

I am racing tomorrow at 3 est dst, with my GT Planet Le Mans club. 2 races on the Sarthe track, 6 laps each with prizes, even to the loser.

Race 1 is 2 class with LM Prototype (Judd, C9, One GT, etc) and LM GT cars (Viper Oreca, Both Vette RM, GT-R LM, etc.) There will be prizes for each class and the pp limit is 700.

Race 2 is for street versions of ALMS GT cars, 458, 430, Ford GT, Viper, Corvette, M3, RUF, Gallardo, Corvette. PP is going to be low 600s. See you then!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #9592
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

908's are killing the Audis.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #9593
Art_mtl Art_mtl is offline
Member
 
Art_mtl's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
The Great Withe North
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
908's are killing the Audis.
Looks like it.
Audi with some bad luck too 2 flat tires in few laps.
And I don't have any for todays race lol may do in GT with a BMW
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
---------
PSN: KSZOk73
My Garage

Last edited by Art_mtl; 03-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #9594
CIAFlux CIAFlux is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2010
Ohio
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
908's are killing the Audis.
Not suprising, but the new Peugeot have to prove their reliability which is where Audi can win the race.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #9595
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAFlux View Post
Not suprising, but the new Peugeot have to prove their reliability which is where Audi can win the race.
Audi is the one having reliability issues, something is wrong with the rear left tire of one of the 15++. its blow 2 tires in a row, even after they changed out all the body work. Plus it has no telemetry and they haven't been able to fix that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #9596
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

A rear wheel broke on the Gallardo under 30 minutes into the race. I don't know if it came back. Maybe the end of the axle broke, hard to tell.

Already made history. First time a 458 lead its class in any international motor race.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #9597
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
Looks like it.
Audi with some bad luck too 2 flat tires in few laps.
And I don't have any for todays race lol may do in GT with a BMW
The V12? I think of the LMPs in the game the C9 is the best although the 908 drives well too. I will put the room up in an hour or so.


EDIT: Oh, you said GT. Yeah, I will probably be running the BMW GTR.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #9598
Trace17 Trace17 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Trace17's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Oklahoma
1330
136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
908's are killing the Audis.
Yeah they are. I have been tuning in and out but every time I'm watching they just pull away more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Already made history. First time a 458 lead its class in any international motor race.
Yes!! Beginning of an era...well, hopefully.

I just love the 458. A damn shame the ESM 458 just nicked that Porsche and went into the barrier. Unfortunate.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #9599
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
144
10
Default

Someone is using all of my B spec that I mined all day to get money to get some cars ready for today's races. Sooooo, if I can get my drivers back to get the CR, I will set up these last cars and set up the room. MSG everyone on the PS3, only 1 said it wasn't him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #9600
Art_mtl Art_mtl is offline
Member
 
Art_mtl's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
The Great Withe North
Default

Slick Im not sure I'll make it for the race today, got to leave now but if I don't I'll see you guys next time.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
---------
PSN: KSZOk73
My Garage
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Evolution of Gran Turismo PS3 Nousemercenary 0 08-26-2009 12:41 AM
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Updated PS3 Grim Reaper 7 10-04-2008 01:38 PM
My Gran Turismo 5 trailer PS3 Toxa 4 02-26-2008 02:07 PM
Gran Turismo HD PS3 Blu-ray San 61 01-08-2007 06:23 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 AM.