Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.59
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$13.15
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.88
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 04-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #9701
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Pooh View Post
I also use this method to never pay for cars.
Explain this please? I'd like to get the 1000 cars without paying for them.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 04-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #9702
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
Explain this please? I'd like to get the 1000 cars without paying for them.
OG may correct me if I get this wrong, but I think what's being done is:

1) Backs up his primary account's GT5 save first
2) Purchases a car (probably expensive one, but under the 1 million credits mark) via said primary account
3) Sends purchased car to secondary account as a gift
4) Deletes old GT5 save on primary, and then replaces it with previously backed up save
5) Goes into second account after 24 hours (remember, GT5 only allows gifting of 1 car per 24 hours), and sends gifted car back to primary account
6) Primary account receives gifted car with no credits lost

At least, that's what I think is being done.

Only problem with this method, if it is what OG's using, is that its long and tedious. I'm just chugging along myself on this quest, I'm up to about 780 cars now and closing in heh!
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham

Last edited by Psx0005; 04-01-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #9703
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH
Default GT5 major update-APRIL FOOL'S!

From Mygranturismo.net:

"GT5 to get major update next week
News | 8 hours ago by Milouse | 665 reads |

Having heard of the preparation for a conference around Gran Turismo 5 next Wednesday, we immediately disguised as a Sushi delivery boy to infiltrate Sony’s French HQ (located only a mile away from mygranturismo.net) to get crucial information.

Getting advantage of the confusion surrounding the coffee machine that was displaying a puzzling “An update is required for this Cappuccino, please press PS button to continue” message, we’ve sneaked in the Secret Files Office. It didn’t take long to find a two pages document along with a floppy disk, just in time before our flashy pink suit raise suspicion among employees. The information we gathered are surprising, to say the least.

GT5 goes green

Let’s start with the bad news: the B-Spec mode is disappearing, cut from the game following ecologist lobbying. It has been pointed out that it unnecessarily raise power consumption: during B-Spec session - which can last 24 hours each - where player has, most of the time, no need to interact with the game at all, a first gen PS3 consume 200 W (100 W for a PS3 Slim), which is the lightning power consumption of several home (a dozen of light bulbs). Is it really a bad news after all?

Bye Bye Bob

As a direct consequence of the B-spec mode disappearance, a mini-game called “Shooting Bob” is introduced. It use the engine of the game Pain (available on PlayStation Network) in order to allow players to get rid of their B-spec drivers in a way that they deserve. It would seem that the injury points will award experience or credit (the document, which we read while running for escape, was unclear on that point).

M-Spec mode introduction

The most optimistic were expecting a C-Spec, or maybe a D-Spec mode (in the best-case), the arrival of a M-Spec mode is then surprising, especially as M stands for Motorcycle. The document did mention that twelve M models will be added to the car list, along with new driver suits that match the player’s country colors. We still don’t know if cars and motorcycle will share tracks, nor if they’ll be solo events like the A-Spec for cars, but we can expect, at least, to see Seasonal Events dedicated to these new machines.

F-Spec : Catch the fish

We didn’t have to read most of details about this new mode, but we can say that it will let you fish into the numerous water bodies that take place along the tracks. In this mini-game, the luckiest players will catch not only fish but also car’s paints, museum cards, and car’s parts (that explains why these are trading items since the game release).

Unfortunately, Sony security employees eventually catch us before we finish reading the document - who knows what other secret we missed?
The men in black were not very happy to have been fooled, but we succeed to hide the floppy disk. At the time of writing, we’re looking at a floppy drive. Expect an update today once we have seen its content."

Link
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #9704
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

Lol :d
Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #9705
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Haven't done those races yet since I've been running the 24 hour B-spec races to boost me to level 40. Which I finally made!! I looked at the Lambo races and it didn't show the chromeline murcielago as a car I could use. I don't think I tuned it at all. It only showed 3 of my lambo's as one's I could use. I thought that was pretty weird.
You probably drove it before and "Broke it in" which increased the HP and PP to over the limit. Mine was a 0 mile Murchielago.

All my other Lambos are fully tuned so I had to decrease all their power to make them eligable.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 04-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #9706
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

ha ha, I wouldn't buy that even if it wasn't 4/1
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 04-02-2011, 04:34 AM   #9707
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
ha ha, I wouldn't buy that even if it wasn't 4/1
LOL! No doubt. I will give some credit to the one done on Alphazone4.com's site regarding the changes coming to Home, it was quite funny
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #9708
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
OG may correct me if I get this wrong, but I think what's being done is:

1) Backs up his primary account's GT5 save first
2) Purchases a car (probably expensive one, but under the 1 million credits mark) via said primary account
3) Sends purchased car to secondary account as a gift
4) Deletes old GT5 save on primary, and then replaces it with previously backed up save
5) Goes into second account after 24 hours (remember, GT5 only allows gifting of 1 car per 24 hours), and sends gifted car back to primary account
6) Primary account receives gifted car with no credits lost

At least, that's what I think is being done.

Only problem with this method, if it is what OG's using, is that its long and tedious. I'm just chugging along myself on this quest, I'm up to about 780 cars now and closing in heh!
Yup, that's what I do. The only real difference is they're both "primary" accounts. So I basically purchase cars with the other account in mind. I play them back & forth. I don't actually do this for every car. Just the more expensive ones. It was nice when there was no million dollar cap. It was also much quicker when you could receive and send one car per day, instead of one or the other. I make sure I upgrade & paint the cars before I send them as well, since I effectively get all the cash back. I'm not after any trophies, so that's not an issue. In fact, I don't even purchase standard cars.

Last edited by OG Pooh; 04-02-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #9709
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Yup, that's what I do. The only real difference is they're both "primary" accounts. So I basically purchase cars with the other account in mind. I play them back & forth. I don't actually do this for every car. Just the more expensive ones. It was nice when there was no million dollar cap. It was also much quicker when you could receive and send one car per day, instead of one or the other. I make sure I upgrade & paint the cars before I send them as well, since I effectively get all the cash back. I'm not after any trophies, so that's not an issue. In fact, I don't even purchase standard cars.
I made another account tonight so I could do this to buy the cars in the 300k-1 million range and not have to spend the money since I have about 15 cars left to buy that are over 1 million. It will come in handy.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #9710
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

The easiiest way to get to a thousand is to just buy the go-karts over and over. By the time I got to doing it I had already got bout 500-600 already. And money shouldnt really be a problem. Once you got enough cars, just sell them back to recoup some Cr. Job done

On another note. Why is the News Update for 31/03/11 all written in Japanese?
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #9711
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
...I make sure I upgrade & paint the cars before I send them as well, since I effectively get all the cash back. I'm not after any trophies, so that's not an issue.In fact, I don't even purchase standard cars.
What the heck have the standard cars ever done to you, man?
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #9712
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
The easiiest way to get to a thousand is to just buy the go-karts over and over. By the time I got to doing it I had already got bout 500-600 already. And money shouldnt really be a problem. Once you got enough cars, just sell them back to recoup some Cr. Job done

I dont want 500 go karts in my garage. I'm trying to collect every car in the game.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #9713
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Yup, that is indeed the quickest way to get the trophy. I was set to do this initially, but as I started progressing through the A and B-Spec events and earning cars that changed. With the help of mygranturismo.net, I actually found it fun to go and collect cars from the various dealerships and be able to keep track of what I did and didn't have in my garage.

When I set out to do the kart trick, I was at about 143 cars. After learning of mygranturismo.net, not to mention being able to earn bucko credits via my friends' help on the B-Spec remote races, I'm now up to about 790 cars and never looked back at the kart trick
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #9714
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Our race room is up for today. Its our monthly 24 lap race on Sarthe. Everyone is welcome. Today we are racing the old, historic race cars, pp is set to 620. Sorry, the Chapparal 2J, Toyota 7 and 427 Shelby are not allowed. If you don't have one of the old, expensive race cars, there are two classes racing. The old Camaro and Dodge RM are the second class. Prizes for first and second of each class and for the loser. Races start in about 90 minutes, the room is up early to tune.

1472-6118-4216-8216-3117

The name of the room is GTP Old Race Cars. You can search by track name too.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #9715
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
I've had this aswell! Very strange.

The above may have been an April Fool but I actually wouldn't mind it
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #9716
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
I've had this aswell! Very strange.

The above may have been an April Fool but I actually wouldn't mind it
Must be just the EU GT5 that's affected as the News Update for 3/31 (Lambo Exclusives) is fine on the NA side. Would be an interesting April Fool's if the JP GT5 players were getting their news update in English
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #9717
Banned

Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY

Quote:
What the heck have the standard cars ever done to you, man?
I just don't need them for anything. Sure, I have to have a Formula GT and maybe one or two others, but to be honest, they look seriously out of place in this game. If I want to race cars of their graphic quality, I'll hook my PS2 back up.

Quote:
I made another account tonight so I could do this to buy the cars in the 300k-1 million range and not have to spend the money since I have about 15 cars left to buy that are over 1 million. It will come in handy.
Just so you know... You can't gift one million dollar cars (like the Enzo). They have to fall under one million.

Last edited by OG Pooh; 04-02-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #9718
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Just so you know... You can't gift one million dollar cars (like the Enzo). They have to fall under one million.
I know, just gifting the more expensive ones that are under a million so I can save my money for the ones that are over.

And I did it! I got gold on Monza. Now I just have the two harder ones left. I'll probably run the endurance races on those tracks to get a feel for the tracks before I attempt the challenges.

Last edited by Rblu-Dblu; 04-03-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #9719
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
I know, just gifting the more expensive ones that are under a million so I can save my money for the ones that are over.
I believe that cars around the 950,000-960,000 credits range might be tradable, but above that range falls in that no-trade area. If in doubt you can always verify by checking on the car in question at mygranturismo.net, where it includes the trade status of a car.
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #9720
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
I believe that cars around the 950,000-960,000 credits range might be tradable, but above that range falls in that no-trade area. If in doubt you can always verify by checking on the car in question at mygranturismo.net, where it includes the trade status of a car.
Used cars in that range mostly aren't because the limit applies to the new car price, although they aren't offered new in the game which makes no sense.

Only had 5 show up for today's race. 3 got car prizes up to $1 million CR.. People are on here talking about getting their car collection up, I am giving away FREE cars every Saturday! Next week's race will be 4 laps at Sarthe, GT1 cars, street versions. GT-R. DB9, 670-SV, Z06, Ford GT. Second race will be 1 car from the Recommended list based on voting of those who show up to race. Again, prizes for first and second on each race and even for last (matte or chrome paint)!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3