Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$12.85
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.77
XBlaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
$18.44
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.69
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.29
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.70
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.99
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$14.31
The Last of Us (PS3)
$18.90
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #9721
S.Franco S.Franco is offline
Active Member
 
S.Franco's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Riverside, CA
452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Used cars in that range mostly aren't because the limit applies to the new car price, although they aren't offered new in the game which makes no sense.

Only had 5 show up for today's race. 3 got car prizes up to $1 million CR.. People are on here talking about getting their car collection up, I am giving away FREE cars every Saturday! Next week's race will be 4 laps at Sarthe, GT1 cars, street versions. GT-R. DB9, 670-SV, Z06, Ford GT. Second race will be 1 car from the Recommended list based on voting of those who show up to race. Again, prizes for first and second on each race and even for last (matte or chrome paint)!
sorry man i wouldve made it for sure but at a bday party but next saturday for sure
Blu-ray is the ONLY way.

PSN ID: S_Franco81 everyone feel free to add me
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #9722
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...36#post5143936

Interesting find, by the remote race widget creator, Yonis.
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #9723
Toptube Toptube is offline
Power Member
 
Toptube's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...36#post5143936

Interesting find, by the remote race widget creator, Yonis.
I still can't believe they left out so many great tracks, after 5 years.... : \
Pizza Breath in The Nostrils of Love

PSN/EA Origin = Toptube (for BF4)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #9724
OG Pooh OG Pooh is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
1
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptube View Post
I still can't believe they left out so many great tracks, after 5 years.... : \
I know. I was expecting much more in the way of tracks for GT5, especially considering the great selection that Forza Motorsport 3 has. I was at least expecting GT5 to surpass that game by a few tracks. Maybe it does when you count special events & practice, but the meat of the game feels very barren.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #9725
Toptube Toptube is offline
Power Member
 
Toptube's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Pooh View Post
I know. I was expecting much more in the way of tracks for GT5, especially considering the great selection that Forza Motorsport 3 has. I was at least expecting GT5 to surpass that game by a few tracks. Maybe it does when you count special events & practice, but the meat of the game feels very barren.
I don't care if it surpasses forza or not. I just want to keep racing on the same great tracks that I've been racing on for years! Seriously, there are just TOO MANY good tracks from past games both real and fantasy, missing from GT5.
Pizza Breath in The Nostrils of Love

PSN/EA Origin = Toptube (for BF4)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #9726
OG Pooh OG Pooh is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
1
132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptube View Post
I don't care if it surpasses forza or not. I just want to keep racing on the same great tracks that I've been racing on for years! Seriously, there are just TOO MANY good tracks from past games both real and fantasy, missing from GT5.
I don't care if it surpasses Forza either (I own both). I'm just saying that I would have expected GT5 to have more tracks than it did... At least as many as Forza. I also said, if you start counting the tracks available in practice & special events modes, it "may" surpass Forza. Leaving these tracks out of the regular events while having us race the same tracks over & over bewilders me. Like you said, there are many tracks from previous GT installments that are absent. I would have definitely expected them to be in GT5, even without new courses. There are also many in Forza that I would love to see in GT5.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #9727
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...05#post5147305

Quote:
And heaps more in this interview by Playstation Chronicle..
Kazunori-San answered a WHOLE bunch of community submitted questions, awesome stuff.

I can't copy and paste it in here as it's an online magazine(free no subscription,just click and open) and the only thing you can do is turn page or zoom.
The magazine is in the first post of the link, click the little big planet picture in the post if you have trouble figuring it out for yourself..http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

Points covered in Interview.
- Working on premium cars and tracks
- Why many variations of some car's are included,thinks there are too many now.
- Memory restrictions for headtracking etc...
- Talks about tracks that were left out and says along the lines of "Midfield? Really you want midfield? Well it can be made. "
- Exactly why GT5 took so long.
- What makes an acceptable vehicle for use in GT,speed,style or cost?
- Says he wants players to be able to do endurance race's together via online etc.. and has wanted that from the start and he has been frustrated it hasn't been able to have been incorporated as of yet...
- Talks License fee's
- Says FIA and DTM were going to be included like nascar's premium glory but had to be pulled for time.

Also a bit more but have a read for yourself, it's a good read
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #9728
Toxa Toxa is offline
Moderator
 
Toxa's Avatar
 
Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
100
311
1
Send a message via MSN to Toxa
Default

Xanavi GTR 03 Premiun in the next upadate




[Show spoiler] it's a real pic
DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #9729
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
97
10
Default

I have Shift 2. I bet that some of those GT1 circuit tracks may be locked up in exclusive rights by EA. BTW, it does have 2 endurance races in Shift 2, probably 1 is Nurburgring, maybe the other is Spa. Tell you what, Shift 2 is a harder game, at least for me it is. The AI is more realistic, they block you and act like real people. And the cars are pretty evenly matched so combined with smart AI, it takes some work to get to the front from the middle in 3 laps. And I wonder who has the Ferrari rights, because while it has Porsche in it, Ferrari is missing. I wish that Yas Marina was in one of them, that track is interesting. Maybe Grid 2, out in 2012, will have the uber list of tracks. That game handles better then Shift 2, IMO and if you are liking Shift 2, getting a little bored with GT5, its pretty cheap right now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #9730
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

I just bought this car in the UCD! then I read the spoiler
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #9731
Psx0005 Psx0005 is offline
Power Member
 
Psx0005's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Columbus, OH
685
7
213
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
I have Shift 2. I bet that some of those GT1 circuit tracks may be locked up in exclusive rights by EA. BTW, it does have 2 endurance races in Shift 2, probably 1 is Nurburgring, maybe the other is Spa. Tell you what, Shift 2 is a harder game, at least for me it is. The AI is more realistic, they block you and act like real people. And the cars are pretty evenly matched so combined with smart AI, it takes some work to get to the front from the middle in 3 laps. And I wonder who has the Ferrari rights, because while it has Porsche in it, Ferrari is missing. I wish that Yas Marina was in one of them, that track is interesting. Maybe Grid 2, out in 2012, will have the uber list of tracks. That game handles better then Shift 2, IMO and if you are liking Shift 2, getting a little bored with GT5, its pretty cheap right now.
Question slick1ru2: how does it handle with a steering wheel? One of the reviews I read somewhere else was that with a wheel, the cars felt a bit more "floaty" than GT5. Not the sole reason I would place on whether to buy or not buy Shift 2, but would love to know
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #9732
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
97
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
Question slick1ru2: how does it handle with a steering wheel? One of the reviews I read somewhere else was that with a wheel, the cars felt a bit more "floaty" than GT5. Not the sole reason I would place on whether to buy or not buy Shift 2, but would love to know
Out of the box, very floaty. There are some settings in the Shift 2 thread that make it much better though. Lots of options on changing how the input feels.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #9733
bluej511 bluej511 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2011
20
100
3
1
Default

Does anyone use any kind of steering wheel and find the lamborghinis undrivable? If so let me know and i will post my alignment and susp settings so you can bring in a turn without spinning out of control.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #9734
Psx0005 Psx0005 is offline
Power Member
 
Psx0005's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Columbus, OH
685
7
213
32
Default

For anyone using the Automated B-Spec Grinder, I've experienced this message when the widget attempts to log into my GT5 profile:

"The server redirected the Widget to a hostname outside of its security sandbox. The full URL it was told to go to is:

$redirect_url.replace('signout/',")"

which results in the widget closing down due to it violating Yahoo's security guidelines. I suspect this is more due to Anonymous's recent attack on the Sony/PSN servers, and the subsequent maintenance. I can't even access the actual Gran Turismo 5 remote racing page-that results in page does not exist error message. Grrrrr...
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #9735
Jafo Jafo is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jafo's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
For anyone using the Automated B-Spec Grinder, I've experienced this message when the widget attempts to log into my GT5 profile:

"The server redirected the Widget to a hostname outside of its security sandbox. The full URL it was told to go to is:

$redirect_url.replace('signout/',")"

which results in the widget closing down due to it violating Yahoo's security guidelines. I suspect this is more due to Anonymous's recent attack on the Sony/PSN servers, and the subsequent maintenance. I can't even access the actual Gran Turismo 5 remote racing page-that results in page does not exist error message. Grrrrr...
Same here... but but but Anonymous are only doing it to help us...BS!
PSN= Jafo_
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:44 AM   #9736
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
97
10
Default

Just DL a 48mb update,. 1.09

I think they are an hour off on the times because of DST.

1.09 fixes a shortcut on Nurburgring

The updates are 2 time trials and 2 drift trials. All the trials that were supposed to expire today were extended to 4/29.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #9737
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
97
10
Default

Got my 8 year old daughter doing the Goldman Cup in an Element like ours and she just won the second race. I think I have found my A Spec stand in,lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #9738
Psx0005 Psx0005 is offline
Power Member
 
Psx0005's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Columbus, OH
685
7
213
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Got my 8 year old daughter doing the Goldman Cup in an Element like ours and she just won the second race. I think I have found my A Spec stand in,lol.
NICE! Prepping her up for the 2021 GT Academy eh?
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #9739
slick1ru2 slick1ru2 is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
The South
545
133
97
10
Default

Finalized Race Rules for tomorrow, 3 east daylight savings.
Race 1 - The Premium Clio, you can tune it to the max

Race 2 - Vote on a Recommended Car, 1 model race.

Race 3 - Street versions of GT1 Cars. Max PP is 583.

07 or 09 Nissan GT-R
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe, either the Premium or Standard
Ford GT, any model
Lamborghini Super Veloce
Corvette C6 Z06


Speed has a special now on Aston Martin, how they are made. They have no rivets or welds. They are GLUED together! They have a machine that applies the glue, very precisely. They call it, I kid you not, the James Bonder. lol. Each car takes 24 eight hour shifts, mostly assembled by hand and it takes like 50 hours to paint the car. They use hydraulic machines to place the panels because the glue is so strong you can't adjust them. They don't use an assembly line, they use work stations. I like the way the premium DB9 looks with the kit on it, but need a tune to make it faster. It is slower then the standard version.

Inside is highly customizable
20 colors of leather from cows from Scotland where there is no barbed wire so its pretty much blemish free
9 choices of carpet colors
5 choices of wood trim
really cool/key/remote that they call "your connection" to the car

Wish I was rich, lol., definitely be my everyday car.

The V12 6L engines are made in Cologne, Germany at a dedicated plant. Wonder why Germany? I thought it was a Ford engine anyway.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 04-08-2011 at 02:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #9740
Uxi Uxi is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Uxi's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
626, So Cal
177
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Got my 8 year old daughter doing the Goldman Cup in an Element like ours and she just won the second race. I think I have found my A Spec stand in,lol.
Heh, gonna use her on the 24hr endurance races?
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Evolution of Gran Turismo PS3 Nousemercenary 0 08-26-2009 12:41 AM
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Updated PS3 Grim Reaper 7 10-04-2008 01:38 PM
My Gran Turismo 5 trailer PS3 Toxa 4 02-26-2008 02:07 PM
Gran Turismo HD PS3 Blu-ray San 61 01-08-2007 06:23 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 AM.