Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$13.99
Monster High New Ghoul In School (PS3)
$32.69
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! (PS3)
$16.08
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3)
$46.58
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.49
Far Cry 3 (PS3)
$17.54
Aegis Of Earth: Protonovus Assault (PS3)
$18.98
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, The (PS3)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 04-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #9761
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
Probably go against Child Labor Laws. She isn't ready for faster cars yet. Put her in the Gallardo, lol, that was funny. Fastest thing she drove was a truck, but it was tuned to 550 pp.
I put my 4yo daughter in my cockpit, but even with the seat all the way up, I have to put a rock on the gas pedal. So I put her in a pink Honda Fit AT and on Indy. Funny watching her drive around the grass and what not.

Once, though she said "get out of the way ahole!" and my wife was about to hit me.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #9762
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Man, the Vettel challenge seems almost impossible to ace. It took me a while just to get silver on the 2nd track (the easy one) but on the 1st and 3rd track, even when I think I've done everything the best that I can do, I'm still 7 or 8 seconds off the pace for silver. Looks like I may have to just accept 2 bronze and a silver on that challenge.

Anyway, I thought trying to ace the Vettel challenge would be the last thing I'd try to do with the game but I decided to tackle some more of the A-spec endurance races this past weekend. The game is now 98% complete but I'm not sure if I'll get 100% or not since the remaining races are the 9-hour and 2 24-hour A-spec endurance races. Wish they allowed saving on those.

Also, 4 of my B-spec drivers are level 40 but I haven't gotten the raise a driver to the peak of his career trophy (or whatever it's called). How do you get that? Do you have to max out the green bars or the experience bar?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 PM   #9763
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
Southwest, USA PSN: Sponge-worthy

Hey I've got an extra Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) '01 if anyone wants it.

Also, can always use more friends to grind Remote Races with...

PSN: Sponge-worthy
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #9764
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Man, the Vettel challenge seems almost impossible to ace. It took me a while just to get silver on the 2nd track (the easy one) but on the 1st and 3rd track, even when I think I've done everything the best that I can do, I'm still 7 or 8 seconds off the pace for silver. Looks like I may have to just accept 2 bronze and a silver on that challenge.

Anyway, I thought trying to ace the Vettel challenge would be the last thing I'd try to do with the game but I decided to tackle some more of the A-spec endurance races this past weekend. The game is now 98% complete but I'm not sure if I'll get 100% or not since the remaining races are the 9-hour and 2 24-hour A-spec endurance races. Wish they allowed saving on those.

Also, 4 of my B-spec drivers are level 40 but I haven't gotten the raise a driver to the peak of his career trophy (or whatever it's called). How do you get that? Do you have to max out the green bars or the experience bar?
Yea the Vettel Challenges are really hard. I've golded Monza and I'm about 4 seconds away from gold on Suzuka after practicing for about a week. I haven't attempted Nurburgring yet.

To get a B-spec driver to the peak of his career his experience bar has to be full and his skills have to start diminishing. It takes something like 500 races for this to happen.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 04-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #9765
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by owa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
To get a B-spec driver to the peak of his career his experience bar has to be full and his skills have to start diminishing. It takes something like 500 races for this to happen.
Yup, what Rblu said. Just race the Beginner Series/Sunday Cup Autumn Ring Mini over and over with your Bob that has the highest white experience bar. Each race will count as one race day and push your bar further towards the end. Race will go much quicker if you use a fast car like the Formula Gran Turismo or the Red Bull X2010's.

EDIT: With the X2010, and dependent on your Bob's skills the Autumn Ring Mini is usually finished anywhere from 2m35s-2m45s
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham

Last edited by Psx0005; 04-12-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #9766
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

I'm getting really frustrated with the Vettel Challenge on Suzuka. I cant even make it through the first S's 95% of the time. I've only beaten the first marker goal once. Read that by the first marker you need to be around 28.4 seconds. Seems like people in the videos do it with ease and I'm going all out and still cant make the time.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #9767
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
That would be one big-ass piece of DLC if it included all those tracks.

It's probably just a list of tracks people think should have been included with the game.
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 04-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #9768
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
Yup, what Rblu said. Just race the Beginner Series/Sunday Cup Autumn Ring Mini over and over with your Bob that has the highest white experience bar. Each race will count as one race day and push your bar further towards the end. Race will go much quicker if you use a fast car like the Formula Gran Turismo or the Red Bull X2010's.

EDIT: With the X2010, and dependent on your Bob's skills the Autumn Ring Mini is usually finished anywhere from 2m35s-2m45s
Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got a ways to go since I think the most any of my drivers have is around 185 or so races. I had been having them do the endurances races over and over thinking that would get them to their peak faster since they're more challenging.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #9769
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
I'm getting really frustrated with the Vettel Challenge on Suzuka. I cant even make it through the first S's 95% of the time. I've only beaten the first marker goal once. Read that by the first marker you need to be around 28.4 seconds. Seems like people in the videos do it with ease and I'm going all out and still cant make the time.
I plan to watch some videos of people completing it tonight hoping to see where I need to do better. But yeah, the tough part of the first and 3rd track is just making it around the track cleanly especially when having to push it.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #9770
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Yea I've just practiced Suzuka for like 3 hours and only made 1 complete lap. It was a 1'08. I'm not seeing any progress at all.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #9771
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Quote:
Yea I've just practiced Suzuka for like 3 hours and only made 1 complete lap. It was a 1'08. I'm not seeing any progress at all.
Wow, you're right. Watching the videos, people make it look really easy. I was sure I was going to see something that I should be doing that I was missing but I didn't see anything obvious.

I did read on gtplanet that one guy that did videos of gold on all 3 had it floored the whole time and was just tapping the brakes as needed in the turns. I hadn't thought of trying that so I may give that a shot to see how it goes. Seems like that should save a little time but not the 7 or 8 seconds (or more) that I need to make up.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #9772
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobs03 View Post
Practice off my video. Basically just learn where to break and hit those checkpoints. Left foot breaking is manditory.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #9773

Nov 2009
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge-worthy View Post
Hey I've got an extra Nissan Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R (Pace) '01 if anyone wants it.

Also, can always use more friends to grind Remote Races with...

PSN: Sponge-worthy
ill take it what do you want for it?
add me on psn i think i have 3 drivers you can use
Blu-ray is the ONLY way.

PSN ID: S_Franco81 everyone feel free to add me
Old 04-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #9774
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Practice off my video. Basically just learn where to break and hit those checkpoints. Left foot breaking is manditory.
I can never get the braking point right on the final chicane. That part is harder because I dont get much practice on that half of the track.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #9775
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

GT5 gave me a Supra for my birthday. Lame.

Ha at least it's premium. Doesn't really matter anyway, I already have all the cars.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 AM   #9776
Blu-ray Guru

May 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
I can never get the braking point right on the final chicane. That part is harder because I dont get much practice on that half of the track.
The breaking point I used for the final chicane relied on the driving line. Watch the line I used. I was not on the line. My breaking point would be when the driving line was about to intersect my line. If you intersect before breaking, your too late. It will only take a few laps to master that turn if follow my advice there.
Sharp 80" 1080P LCD
Onkyo TX-SR608
Klipsch RF-52's and Klipsch Quintet III
PS4/ PS3/ Gaming PC/ Wii
PSN: Kjacobs03
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #9777

Apr 2010
The Great Withe North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
GT5 gave me a Supra for my birthday. Lame.

Ha at least it's premium. Doesn't really matter anyway, I already have all the cars.
Lucky you all I got was a BMW 2002 lol
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."
---------
PSN: KSZOk73
My Garage
Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #9778
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_mtl View Post
Lucky you all I got was a BMW 2002 lol
Well I forgot and didn't log into GT5 on my birthday so didn't get a car at all
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 04-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #9779
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
Well I forgot and didn't log into GT5 on my birthday so didn't get a car at all
So change the date on your PS3's system settings to your birthday, already!

For my birthday car, I think I ended up restarting the game and reloading my GT5 save about 10-12 times before I got the car I was finally happy with. Now I can't remember for the life of me what it was LOL!
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham
Old 04-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #9780
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Well, power-braking (is that the correct term?) helped me a little on the Monza course but not enough to get gold yet. I decided to spend a while last night trying that on the Monza course since I figured it would be much easier to get use to it on that track. It helped but I'm still 0.523 from getting gold and if I can't get gold on Monza, there's no way I'll get silver or gold on the other two tracks. Grrr...

Quote:
Heh, another one that makes it look really easy. I wish we could load your replay and use it as a ghost driver for practicing. It would be easier to determine what line you're taking versus what the game shows.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3