Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$7.97
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$13.99
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
$19.99
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
Mortal Kombat (PS3)
$17.28
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Greatest Hits (PS3)
$16.42
Record of Agarest War 2 (PS3)
$12.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 07-29-2011, 01:47 PM   #10541
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

My days of watching every F1 race live on tv for as long as I remember (apart from the one I went to) will be coming to an end as the BBC won't be showing all the races live. I refuse to pay SKY to get my fix of F1.

I'll have to get an F1 game or hope they do some DLC for GT5 and pretend.
PS4, PS3, PS2, PSVita & PSP - PSN id : aikonent

Latest BD - Deadpool / Latest Game - Paladins
Old 07-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #10542
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikonEnt View Post
My days of watching every F1 race live on tv for as long as I remember (apart from the one I went to) will be coming to an end as the BBC won't be showing all the races live. I refuse to pay SKY to get my fix of F1.

I'll have to get an F1 game or hope they do some DLC for GT5 and pretend.
Your not the only one thats pissed off with this news. I don't ever do it but, I will be illegaly downloading every race thats exclusive to Sky.

Surely ITV could have had the other half. I honestly can see the entire season going sky sports exclusive when BBC contract runs out. That will be the day the sport dies for me. It really will. You just know anything that goes sky exclusive is all because of the money. And if thats the way Bernie wants it then he's ailianating a lot of fans and I for one won't be standing for it.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #10543
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

F1 is usually always on JustinTV. And BBC is free OTA? I've been paying for TV since the 80s. At one point in time, the beginning of the HD era I had DirecTV AND Voom and the two bills were like $160/month. Voom came out in 2004 and had the most HD. Back then Dish and Direct had like 3 HD channels each (1 HBO, 1 Cinemax, 1 Showtime). Voom had like 21. So I had Direct for content and Voom for HD.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #10544
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Your not the only one thats pissed off with this news. I don't ever do it but, I will be illegaly downloading every race thats exclusive to Sky.

Surely ITV could have had the other half. I honestly can see the entire season going sky sports exclusive when BBC contract runs out. That will be the day the sport dies for me. It really will. You just know anything that goes sky exclusive is all because of the money. And if thats the way Bernie wants it then he's ailianating a lot of fans and I for one won't be standing for it.
How long before it's pay-per-view? They really only care about the money and not the fans. I read a bit earlier that next year they're dropping the Turkish grand prix but keeping the Bahrain one! The Turkish track is one of the better ones and usually provides good races, Bahrain on the other hand isn't and doesn't

Old 07-29-2011, 06:40 PM   #10545
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
How long before it's pay-per-view? They really only care about the money and not the fans. I read a bit earlier that next year they're dropping the Turkish grand prix but keeping the Bahrain one! The Turkish track is one of the better ones and usually provides good races, Bahrain on the other hand isn't and doesn't
You got to keep these 2 in clothes, cars, mansions, yachts, etc..

Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #10546
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't put it past them puting these races up on Sky Box Office just like what happened to Boxing. As soon as this joint deal comes to a close in 2018 and BBC are out of the picture then whats stopping them? I honestly wonder why I bother paying my TV licence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2 View Post
You got to keep these 2 in clothes, cars, mansions, yachts, etc..

Haha yeah,

Thats why as soon as they start broadcasting on Sky I won't be tuning in, I'll be getting my races from other, FREE sources....
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #10547
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Oklahoma

Bring some GT5 up in here.

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yam...dates-and-dlc/

Quote:
While responding to a question on Twitter, Kazunori Yamauchi has thankfully shared some brief yet interesting information on the future plans for Gran Turismo 5. Here’s a human translation of his comments, kindly offered by GTPlanet community member Shirakawa Akira:

Updates are in preparation. First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. The decentralization of our studios and framework is a greater burden than I thought….

This confirms suspicions that Polyphony Digital’s move to Fukuoka has resulted in a recent slowing of GT5 software updates and Seasonal Events. Also, despite Yamauchi’s typically careful choice of words (“probably”), this is the strongest evidence we’ve had of plans to release additional downloadable content (“DLC”) for Gran Turismo 5 since Sony PR staff mentioned it last month.

UPDATE: Kazunori has since posted another tweet in response to the flurry of reactions following his previous post above. Once again, thanks to Shirakawa Akira for the translation!

We’ll make sure to live up to the expectations… It’s quite an effort. Besides, servers aren’t working completely yet. Well, we have to do nothing but our best.
YNWA.

Don't point that gun at him, he's an unpaid intern.

My 1000th Blu-ray: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

PSN: DwightSchrute12
Old 07-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #10548
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
Love the last quote. "we'll have to do nothing but our best". Guess that means we wont see any of these updates or dlc this year. They'll keep working on it and say its not ready and sony wont be able to push them forward with it this time.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

PSN: Emperor_Keyser
Old 07-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #10549
Power Member

Aug 2007
Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
Love the last quote. "we'll have to do nothing but our best". Guess that means we wont see any of these updates or dlc this year. They'll keep working on it and say its not ready and sony wont be able to push them forward with it this time.
Now you stop that half-clothed Mil...I mean, half-empty glass mentality sir!
PS4 500GB (Disney Infinity 3.0/Star Wars bundle)/PS3 60GB Phat (250GB HDD/2nd refurb/DEAD for now)/PS Vita (WiFi)
PSN ID:
Psx0005
Avatar: PlayBoy CyberGirl Jamie Graham
Old 07-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #10550
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psx0005 View Post
Now you stop that half-clothed Mil...I mean, half-empty glass mentality sir!
Mmmmmm mila
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii

Old 07-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #10551
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rblu-Dblu View Post
Who knows with Kaz. He likes being elusive. I can't think of any PS3 game I have played more since I got my first console in 2007. So, if they don't do anything else, they have added more free content to a game than any other I know of and that includes the 7 or so maps added to BFBC2 after release. Whatever, whenever, its going to be like Christmas, even if its content we have to pay for.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #10552
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

Caught Mobil 1 The Grid on Speed after the P2 coverage and discovered another sprint series going on here in the U.S. with coverage online. Its the Pirelli World Challenge, looks like they are a support race for IRS, and they race 3 classes in 1 hour races. Cool thing is the top class has Porsche, Vipers, and the new Cadillac race car in it. Very similar to the concept car in GT5.
http://www.world-challengetv.com.
They have archived and also will have live races streaming.

The Caddy team is a factory team and one of the drivers came over from ALMS Vette team. Its SCCA sanctioned. I love this kind of racing, really wish it made it onto Speed in HD. Oh well, at least we can see it online.

EDIT: From the archived video it appears to be broadcast on Vs! They will stream races next weekend. Round 7 of the Pirelli World Challenge Sports Car Wars season is scheduled to start at 10:40 a.m. Eastern/ 7:40 a.m. Pacific on Saturday, August 6, while Round 8 will start at 11:25 a.m. Eastern/ 8:25 a.m. Pacific on Sunday, August 7.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-30-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:07 AM   #10553

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa
Default Mid-Race Saves “Under Development”

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...r-development/
DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #10554
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Good to see that it's actually coming. Thanks for the info.
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 08-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #10555
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
Crawley, UK

I'll finally be able to do the final 3 A-Spec and 2 B-Spec enduros.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #10556
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Hope its soon. I will finally be able to complete those last 3 races.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #10557
Power Member

Nov 2007
Chicago, IL

Its been a while since ive played, does it still take a redonkulous amout of farming to hit level 40? In race saves will really be nice, but I dont want to do tons of races over and over to unlock the last 2 endurance races.
PSN: Hellmonkey69
LBP Levels: The Abusement Park, A Stormy Night, The Fantabulous Contraption.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #10558
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
Its been a while since ive played, does it still take a redonkulous amout of farming to hit level 40? In race saves will really be nice, but I dont want to do tons of races over and over to unlock the last 2 endurance races.
I think they've tweaked the formula for exp which multiplies it out faster. Not sure if it's a temporary or permanent thing, but it's still nice. It still requires a LOT of farming, but better than nothing I guess.
Plats--123:
Latest Plat--Nier: Automata
PSN ID: SNAKE_XRS
Old 08-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #10559
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
Doing the seasonal events helps a lot. Theyve been adding new races and they pay out decent money and xp. Before the move they had been posting new ones pretty frequently so it's not like racing the same races over and over again.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #10560

Apr 2011

Im stuck at 20million credits i gotta start buying and hooking up some cars wont let me go past that what a shame.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3