Best PS3 Game Deals

Best PS3 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (PS3)
$13.43
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
$10.58
Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3)
$13.39
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS3)
$14.59
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
$8.00
Final Fantasy IX (PS3)
$14.28
Rio (PS3)
$18.08
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3)
$19.99
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
$32.01
Madden NFL 13 (PS3)
$11.06
LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3)
$18.60
The Last of Us (PS3)
$23.35
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #11541

Apr 2011

Ill have to pay attention. The wheel def doesnt shake as much going in a straight line u can let it go and it tends to stay straight. Good fix.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #11542
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Car:
2012 Lamborghini Aventador

Description:
Owner was leaving a nightclub called "Belvedere" at 2:00 AM. He claimed his leg got stuck on the pedal which led him to crash into at least 4 people and another car. He only had the car for a week. No drinking was involved.

http://www.egmcartech.com

info about the car specs & price.

Lamborghini has finally released the pricing on the 2012 Aventador LP700-4. Carrying a hefty starting price of $387,000, the Aventador will definitely deplete any person’s bank account.

That price tag doesn’t include a destination charge of $2,995 or a gas guzzler charge of $3,700. With those two charges included, the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 will run you a total of $393,695.

Lamborghini plans on producing a total of 4,000 units of the Aventador. It was recently reported that the Aventador has been sold out for its first year of production.

Refresher: The Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 will be powered by a 6.5L V12 engine making 690-hp and 509 lb-ft of torque. Mated to the company’s new ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) 7-speed transmission, 0 to 60 mph will come in 2.9 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph. The Aventador is an all-wheel-drive supercar courtesy of Lamborghini’s Haldex 4-wheel drive system.
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 02-13-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #11543
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2007

Glad to hear about the steering wheel change. It had gotten to the point that I was unplugging the power from wheel when driving some of the cars just because I couldn't deal with fighting the wheel constantly when trying to drive a straight line.
PSN: OWA
XBL: OWAXB1
Old 02-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #11544
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

If they update the OCD this week I hope its a much better selection than the last one.
PSN: DaveS78
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #11545

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa
Default Gran Turismo 5 “Photo Stream” to Debut in March Update

Quote:
Announced today on the official Gran Turismo website (and through the in-game news function) is a new feature to appeal to all the Gran Turismo shutterbugs, named “Photo Stream”. In essence this feature allows you to share your finest images, anonymously, with the entire Gran Turismo community through an as-yet unpublished URL:

With the coming Gran Turismo 5 update planned for March 2012, we will be starting a new service on gran-turismo.com worldwide, called “Gran Turismo 5 Photo Stream”.

In GT5 Photo Stream, photographs taken in the photo mode of Gran Turismo 5 and set to “Share” will be shown in a list on a webpage, and be made possible to view by anyone.

The photographs will continue to change periodically, the online ID’s of the photographer will NOT be shown or made public, and there is no evaluation system or the like for the photographs. This is a service which simply introduces what kinds of photographs are being taken in Gran Turismo 5 by players around the world.
Please be aware that any photographs set to “Share” after the start date of this service will be released publically on the web by GT5 Photo Stream.

We hope you’ll look forward to the start of this new service.

* Photographs that had been set to “Share with Friends” before the start date of this service will not be shown in GT5 Photo Stream.
* Due to limitations of time and the number of photograph displayable, not all photographs set to “Share” may be shown in GT5 Photo Stream.

At present gamers can view a specific user’s Shared images on gran-turismo.com, but only if the user is on their friends list. While Photo Stream will be anonymous it will allow you to browse photographs made by any user so long as they have been set to “Share”, as a showcase for the Photomode part of the game.
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...-march-update/
DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #11546
Power Member

Nov 2007
Chicago, IL

Thats cool. I had some fun taking pictures. It would be nice if the Mazda Furai would get the premium car make over. That is a sexy ass fkn car.
PSN: Hellmonkey69
LBP Levels: The Abusement Park, A Stormy Night, The Fantabulous Contraption.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #11547

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa
Default Gran Turismo 5 Update 2.05 Goes Live, New Seasonal Events

Quote:
As previously announced by Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo 5 version 2.05 is now available. It weighs in at 25MB, and apparently brings with it only one publicly documented change, according to Polyphony Digital’s website:

The issue of experience and rewards not being received in online races has now been corrected.
New Seasonal Events have also become available in the game, introducing the following new A-Spec races:

400PP Autumn Ring Mini /5 Laps
1st: Cr.133,200 2nd: Cr.81,100 3rd: Cr.71,200
500PP Nürburgring GP/D /3 Laps
1st: Cr.301,000 2nd: Cr.183,100 3rd: Cr.160,900
650PP Special Stage Route 5 /5 Laps
1st: Cr.447,600 2nd: Cr.272,400 3rd: Cr.239,400
The game’s Online Car Dealership has also been updated; head over to our forums for a complete list of the new selection of vehicles
http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...asonal-events/
DLP = True Blu-ray Experience
The HD-DVD is DEAD since May 2005

AVC, DTS-HD MA & LPCM supporter

W3LCOM3 CHANG3 PS3

"Gran Turismo 5 isn't just a game it's a lifestyle" Bageara

I was also amaze to see that Cruise retrieve the face he had 8 years ago (2005)
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #11548
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2006
Find Me!

Thx for the update toxa.
Uplay: JasonVoorhees98 Steam: JasonVoorhees987
Origin: JasonVoorhees987 XBL: CMaggotbone
Social Club: GrimReaper4383 PSN: GrimReaper4383
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-5607-0124-5713
My PSN Profile Destiny "Public Events"
My Blu-Ray Collection My Destiny Profiles Battleborn Shift Codes
Old 02-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #11549
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
Birmingham, AL

Cool. Will check it out tonight!
PSN: DaveS78
Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #11550

Dec 2010
Kristiansund,Norway

Hope any of you are willing to take the time to answer this;

What sort of improvements have been made to the game since it launched?

Have read and seen many reviews,and really like what I hear.But some of the "bugs"would bother me.So I hope you can write down what sort of improvements all the updates have done.

Thank you;D
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #11551
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Damn, that didn't take long. I wonder if that's the first reported Aventador casualty.

So, the driver's using the "Toyota Camry" excuse as his defence?
PSN/Battlelog/Xbox Live: ▌۩▐ PrivatePixel
🎮 Batman: Arkham Knight LE PS4 || 🎮 Uncharted 4 LE PS4 || 🎮 Forza Motorsport 6 LE Xbox One
Pioneer Elite || Definitive Technology

Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #11552
Power Member

Nov 2007
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
Hope any of you are willing to take the time to answer this;

What sort of improvements have been made to the game since it launched?

Have read and seen many reviews,and really like what I hear.But some of the "bugs"would bother me.So I hope you can write down what sort of improvements all the updates have done.

Thank you;D
What bugs have you heard of? The game has been bug free for me other than some screen tearing and terribad pixelation for shadows and rain mist.

Theres been some good enhancements. The most important one for me is being able to save in the middle of enduro races. If you like racing sims at all, this game is totally worth the $40.
PSN: Hellmonkey69
LBP Levels: The Abusement Park, A Stormy Night, The Fantabulous Contraption.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #11553
Special Member

Sep 2010
Los Angeles, California PSN:kaiser_von_metz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
Damn, that didn't take long. I wonder if that's the first reported Aventador casualty.

So, the driver's using the "Toyota Camry" excuse as his defence?
0-60 in 2.9 seconds. He probably was looking at someone and forgot he was in a "super exotic" car where people SHOULD be looking at him. He hit 4 people and a car, so I see some lawsuits and some lawyers making some serious dough. I wonder which wallstreet tycoon this was?
Multiplayer games needing assistance
[Show spoiler]Red Faction: Guerrilla, Uncharted 2 & 3, BF Bad Company 1, BF3, BF4
Old 02-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #11554

Dec 2010
Kristiansund,Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey View Post
What bugs have you heard of? The game has been bug free for me other than some screen tearing and terribad pixelation for shadows and rain mist.

Theres been some good enhancements. The most important one for me is being able to save in the middle of enduro races. If you like racing sims at all, this game is totally worth the $40.
Not exactly bugs,but the negative features,like the damagemodell on cars,textures on some of the cars and so on.Any fixes improvements on the game itself?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #11555
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I re bought this game when the 39.99 special edition came out and I have to say, I am enjoying it much more than I did when it first came out, with all the updates and improvements. At 39.99 for what it offers now, it's definitely a better value. However I still say Polyphony made some mistakes with GT5, mainly a misallocation of resources. I wish they would have sacrficed a little bit of car detail, maybe making it 720p standard, and a few HUNDRED car models, in order to have better textures, shadows, computer AI, etc. I think Forza 4 get's it just about right. Sure, the car models may not be as detailed as GT5's but they still look damn good and the environments, AI, car damage, etc do not suffer.
"Live in your hopes, not in your fears."

Last edited by Steelmaker; 02-18-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #11556

Mar 2007

Half way through level 39 A Spec after months of grinding, a little bit further to go now. It's great trying out different cars on Nurberg.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #11557
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
626, So Cal

I still hate the leveling aspect instead of "just" getting the licenses like in previous GT games, but still a great HD racing game on the PS3. Hoping we get more cars and tracks, of course.
---
"No matter where you go, there you are."
SXRD/Denon/Polk/PS3/WiiU
320GB CECHA01- YLOD; 160GB Drake's (hax0r3d OtherOS toy); 120GB Slim with Move
500GB Glacier White Destiny PS4
PSN: Uxi Twitter: Uxixu
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #11558
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
I still hate the leveling aspect instead of "just" getting the licenses like in previous GT games, but still a great HD racing game on the PS3. Hoping we get more cars and tracks, of course.
Yes I agree. Also I wish Polyphony would add a car customization feature like what Forza has. Being able to use your PC to design custom paint jobs, graphics, etc. Sort of like EA's "Team Builder" feature. A virtual tour of the cars would be nice also.

Last edited by Steelmaker; 02-18-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #11559
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordmann View Post
Not exactly bugs,but the negative features,like the damagemodell on cars,textures on some of the cars and so on.Any fixes improvements on the game itself?
The state the game was in at launch for 60.00 I'd say not worth it. However for 39.99 with all the updates I think is a great value. My biggest issues with the game I doubt can be or will be ever addressed. Mainly poor shadows and trackside textures, plus no interior details on standard cars. Also, I feel Polyphony has failed to evolve the franchise the way the competition has with car damage, customization, computer AI, etc. They seemed to put all their focus on the cars themselves and forgot this still a video game.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #11560
Banned

Jun 2009
The South

I finally played some last night, the only real time I've played since Forza 4 came out (love their multi-class online racing). Had fun with the Seasonal Events, got some car tickets and used the new Silk Jag which runs really well out of the box. For awhile now, since the PP ratings have come out, I've been trying to use cars that are stock and close to the PP max of the event and been having a great time. Most of these cars run great with nothing but better tires, like the 2011 Mini Cooper S for 400PP events. Only regret is I misses the Christmas - New Years B Spec events for my second account that I started last summer to relive some of the early fun of the game since my main account has been maxed out with about ever car possible since last Spring.

==============================================
Daytona was great, I have the Continental Tire race and 16 hours of the 24 hour race on my DVR still. Can't wait for Sebring and this year's sports car season to start although there are some disheartening changes that make last year historic in may regards. For instance, there will be no true FIA GT1 cars this year, they are scaling them back to be more like GT3. And the new FIA World Endurance race, while it still has Sebring, has scratche Petite Le Mans off its list of events and that will now only be ALMS cars. And along with the bad news from that, Peugeot's sudden announcement that they are no longer going to compete in P1.

I highly recommend Twitter and facebook if you want to connect to drivers. I can not believe the people following me on Twitter, Doug Herbert NHRA top fuel Racer, Scott Sharp team owner of ESM Racing, Eric Lux 2011 Driver's Championship & Rookie of the Year in the ALMS, 2011 LMPC Champs CORE Autosport, The Racers Group ALMS and GRAND-AM Porsche Racing team, HEXIS AMR, Highcroft Racing, Simon Pagenaud, Tina Stull, Marcus Wiley Indy Light driver, British F3 driver Rupert Svendsen-Cook, Grand Am driver Lara Tallman, V8 Supercar Jason Bright, SKUSA PRO TOUR RACING TEAM Walters Motorsports.

Tommy Milner's ride is ready!

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3